(1) English Names Revealed for Latest Batch of News, New Type Changes [9/13]

Grass, Ghost, and Electric-type Pokemon gain new effect resistances. Grass-types Pokemon are now immune to powder and spore moves. Ghost-type Pokemon are now immune to effects that prevent fleeing. Electric-type Pokemon are now immune to paralysis.

Well, that escalated quickly. Things just got really interesting.

Disconnecting from an online battle will result in a game loss.
yes.jpg

garbodorable said:
like Lauren Faust guest-designed a pokemon.

.....no complaints here. :rolleyes:

I think it should be noted that they updated Flabébé's entry on the website too, with the different colored flowers in the screenshots.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/#Flabébé

Trololol, Grass/Ghost/Electric (Heck yes!) types gained something good while Ice-types' still on the bottom of the list. Other than that, everything looks great.

Except Team Flare is full of weird peeps. I don't like it, especially their weirdo glasses. (Sup with that?)

Xerosic looks like the creepiest mad scientist/psycho killer I've ever seen. Like a combination between Alfred Hitchcock and Satan from South Park. O_O
The other Team Flare scientists look like corrupted Sailor Scout clones dipped in hot sauce. XD

SkyeVictini said:
Xerosic looks like the creepiest mad scientist/psycho killer I've ever seen. Like a combination between Alfred Hitchcock and Satan from South Park. O_O

My opinion of Xerosic:
(do not open if you are somewhat squeamish)

Every time I see Xerosic, he looks like some kind of rapist.

I think it's the gloves.

Like he precursors it with "Trust me; I'm a doctor".

Thundurus just got more uber, he enjoys your tears

furfrou is the best name

quilladin is a fat moo-cow, but as a stage one starter he p much has to be ugly as sin. glad to see braixen and frogadier lookin bamf though.

DNA said:
My opinion of Xerosic:

I think it's the gloves.

O_O *shudders*

Oh yes! Finally more detailed effects to certain types of Pokémon instead of just type effectiveness. I'm happy they are finally going into how specific sort of moves affect the Pokémon. I'm glad they are finally considering such things! Now all that is left is to make every Pokémon with wings and the ability to fly immune to Ground-type moves.

The female Pyroar looks good, but I'm definitely getting the male! I'm glad they have gender differences, though.

I'm happy with the English names for the Pokémon as well! :D

This generation keeps getting better and better. What will be next?

YES! GRASS BUFF GRASS BUFF! Rotom-C now resists both sleep and paralysis.

Again, every time I see Quilladin, I like it even more.

Now I can't help thinking of Quilava D; or Qwilfish

The lioness of Pyroar looks great, I'm not sure which gender I want. I don't care about the normal typing, either; I may even use it to my advantage. I like the dog (Furfrou). Tyrunt is officially a part of my team; not because of its typing, but because of its look.

DNA said:
My opinion of Xerosic:

I think it's the gloves.

The fact that his team of leading scientists are all female is doing this statement no justice.

All of the evolutions look a lot better in-game, meaning I might just go ahead and get all 3 (I can trade with my brother in the beginning of the game). I also like all of the translated names except for Furfou.
OMG Pyroar looks sooooooooooooo cool as both male and female, I don't know which gender to have on my team!
Notice how all of the girls have a belt, tie, and eye-wear. Xerosic looks really creepy and menacing at the same time. He seems like he will be a great villain.
Ummm... WTF happened to Diantha's legs! Sweet baby Jesus those things look jacked up. Even as you get to the hips.

Frogadier attacks by launching small stones wrapped in bubbles at its opponents.

This is from the official site. Would this be a hint to Dual Type moves? Water/Rock attack?

Anyone else notice the Mega Evolution symbol in Diantha's necklace? (You have to zoom in a bit to truly see it) Maybe the bracelets are just for trainers or something.

I've always wondered why Grass/Electric Pokemon weren't immune to Spores/Paralyze respectively. Finally, they are immune! :p

Swordmaster13 said:
Anyone else notice the Mega Evolution symbol in Diantha's necklace? (You have to zoom in a bit to truly see it) Maybe the bracelets are just for trainers or something.

Very good eye. Maybe she really becomes the champion.
And LOL at Audrey Hepburn. So true. xD

Frost said:
All of the type-specific status condition immunities are pretty rad. But they've confirmed that Hail, again, does not give Ice-types a boost like Sandstorm does to Rock-types. So much for my dreams. :'(

I know right?
Why does gamefreak not care about Ice pokemon? ._.
It should have gotten a Ground/Water resistance so it has something to work with and then a Defense boost in Hail as an extra, but no, lets make Fire a good defensive type instead.

Will the mobile version of the Dream World allow the 3DS to play it too? I hope the mobile version allows that because right now I can only do them on the computer.:)

Lex said:
Tyrunt is the Royal Heir Pokémon/Young Lord Pokémon? Interested to see what it's evo will look like. =o

Awesome, why? is there any doubt about it?

AwkwardKlutz said:
Okay, everybody, a theory: Diantha is actually Audrey Hepburn with blue contact lens.

The eyebrows give it away.

Go on... now tell me she's as cool as cynthia, and she will be the best non-confirmed champion ever.

DNA said:
SkyeVictini said:

My opinion of Xerosic:

I think it's the gloves.

If at the start of a battle he adjusts his gloves, I will literally crack up with laughter.
But yeah, the guy is creepy as F***. I will be delighted in his utter defeat.

Sheriff_K said:
I've always wondered why Grass/Electric Pokemon weren't immune to Spores/Paralyze respectively. Finally, they are immune! :p

Rotom-C appreciates every bit of it, too!

I'm still freaking out over the grass buff. Yes!

Competitively, Breloom just got a whole lot of counters. Now paralyzing has been knocked down. Too bad this isn't true in RU, I could laugh at Smeargle, Amoonguss, and Uxie for status-ing my Rotom-C! Loving these type buffs! Who cares about Ice now?! Sorry. Don't judge.

This also means that, with the powder moves common in-game, Chespin has gained a use over its counterparts. We're still trying, Chespin, but show us your final evolution D:<

Back