(1) First 'CoroCoro' Scans of 'Pokemon Black and White' [4/10]

I didn't love Ruby & Sapphire, but Emerald was my favorite game. It fixed all the problems the previous 2 games had. The ONLY sad thing is that they replaced Steven with Wallace... If they make R/S remakes I hope that unlike Emerald Steven will still be Champion but like Emerald you can fight both Team Aqua and Magma. Except that probably can't happen with Kyogre and Groudon being version exclusives... Anyway, this is way off topic and it's way too early to discuss R/S remakes. I like the new banner, great job as always Xous!

I wasn't a huge fan of R/S buuuuut, I did like the music and the new Pokemon. I didn't like that it was completely separate from the other two games though.

R/S/E were decent, but there is a lot of water. But hey, it was a decent game, but it had some downfalls.

I hope Nintendo improves the R/S/E games when they decide to make remakes for these.

I will ONLY buy this if:

4th gen compat
Good new Pokemon
Good new moves
MUCH needed fixes are made to what already exists in the metagame

If 2/4 if those are met, with the first one in the 2/4, I MIGHT buy it.

Yorret said:
It didn't have too many Water Pokemon. If it did, then so did Kanto and Johto.

Hoenn introduced 28 new Water-types, while Kanto introduced 32 new Water Types.

Hoenn had 46 Water-type Pokemon total in the regional Pokedex, Johto had 50.

Hoenn's Pokedex was 22.77% Water, Kanto's was 21.12%.

Hoenn didn't have anymore Water-types than Kanto or Johto, it's just they were more emphasized than they ever were in Kanto or Johto.

But here's the thing. Going into Gen 3, already 1 out of 5 Pokemon was a water type. They made up a significant portion of the Pokemon, and when you think about it, they're just one type (granted, a good number of them were dual types). This left 80% of the Pokemon to other types, essentially leaving 5% to each one if the distribution was even (which it isn't). Instead of taking measures to lower the number of new water types, Pokemon continued to pump out water types, following old type combinations (for the most part, the only type combos introduced were Grass (Lotad), Bug (Surskit), and Dark (Carvanha), and those weren't too prominent in the sea of Water types)

This mass amount of water-types affected the game, it made Fire, Ground, and Rock pokemon less desirable, made Grass and Electric types more desirable, and Water types became a staple of most competitive teams (with Psychic, which is another issue entirely)

I would just like to see a little more balance... Personally, my Favorite types are Ghost, Fire, and Electric... all of which seem to be getting the short end of the deal when it comes to new gens (though, Ghost saw some much needed love in Gen 4), so it's frustrating to say the least when I see more mountains of water Pokemon appear each Gen (especially when they're JUST Water type... It seems like a waste (Besides starters... though, the only water starters I've liked have been Mudkip and Totodile)). Gen 4 helped the problem, but I'd like atleast one more dryish Generation to help even out the numbers...

That said, I hope we have MORE water routes in Gen 5 than Gen 4... I miss having multiple routes divided by an island or two (like in Kanto).

Also, I'm hoping for roaming weather in Gen 5... and (this is a stretch) perhaps the weather will affect what Pokemon appear, what places you can explore (Sunny days dry up the creek, so you can't surf to a cave, but you can explore the creekbed), and possibly even what trainers you can encounter (to put more playability in the game). And perhaps moves like Sunny Day and Rain Dance can change the weather manually... However, I'm not sure if they'll implement this... but it would be cool...

-T-

Tamat said:
Also, I'm hoping for roaming weather in Gen 5... and (this is a stretch) perhaps the weather will affect what Pokemon appear, what places you can explore (Sunny days dry up the creek, so you can't surf to a cave, but you can explore the creekbed), and possibly even what trainers you can encounter (to put more playability in the game). And perhaps moves like Sunny Day and Rain Dance can change the weather manually... However, I'm not sure if they'll implement this... but it would be cool...

-T-

This would be amazing. I'd love to have this in the next generation. The random weather makes me think of games like Harvest Moon. I'd love to have maybe a route that gets real muddy in the rain and then is overrun with Wooper. And a river that gets dried up and you can find a bunch of items with the itemfinder sort of like Treasure Beach in FR/LG. The possibilities for a feature like this are pretty massive.

I hope the 5th Generation isn't too much of a disappointment. I can't wait to see the new Pokemon, and the starters. The 4th generation games were actually fun.

im sooo megau uber hyped for the game u dont even know! lol i just really cant wait....

i wanna see the new pokemon i WANT them to show some by the end of the week...

Continuing on with the idea of in game weather, I'd love it if that were apart of Black and White. And to build on what was said for it, there are a number of places in past games where this has occurred:

-Treasure Island (already mentioned)
-Shoal Cave
-Lake of Rage: This one was added recently in the remakes, and I love it. It has the lake dry up for the most part so then trainers appear in the dried-out area. I don't know exactly when it occurred execpt on Thursdays so you could reach Wesley, but I really enjoyed it.

Those are all that I can think of right now, but that would be so cool if more of these places were added to the new region.

Before we see the starters, I'd really like to know a) where this place is, b) the name of the region and its size (like the map we got to see for Sinnoh), c) the new professor and his/her name, d) clearer pics from both the overworld and in-battle as well as those of the main characters and the evil Team in this region.

I like the idea brought up before about this maybe happening somewhere far away and a long time ago (Star Wars-esque?). I noticed the new look of the pokecenter nurse, too, and am wondering how nurse joy couldn't have infiltrated this region.

And lastly, I just can't imagine what kind of legendary they will come up with now. I mean, they've covered:

-Creators of land, sea, and sky (R/S/E)
-Controller of Space/Time (Palkia/Dialga)
-Creator of the Universe (Arceus)

Along with many other "demi god" type of legendaries who control smaller factions of the world (regis obviously have some unexplained ancient importance, Lugia, Hoho, Mew, etc.).

Really, now, can anyone come up with something that they have not covered yet that may be a significant title for these new legendaries?

Clearer shots of the already revealed screens should be revealed by the end of the week. I would, however, like to see more of these. I just can't get enough. I'm already in love.

I have a feeling that the playable characters are either suppose to be younger versions of characters from the other games (since it seems to be in the past, like Oak or Mr. Pokemon as a trainer) OR there might be a selection of characters to choose from (at least young/teen boy/girl, teens drive cars while youngsters ride skateboards) Whoever said the camera rotates is completely right, as it is clearly shown in the photo. In the first photo in the city scene, look at how the path to the left curves around the city... I feel like this game will either take place in the past in a "black and white" era or in a city setting with a bit of country side somewhere where you start at.

ya this game does (based off these images) seem to give me a retro vibe to them. the kids with the baseball hats makes me feel sandlot, the city feels industrial era just kicked in, the car under the bike path looks like it came from the 60's, the computer in the poke center seems older with a big clunky screen, not only that but i notice a few people in buisiness suits on the outskirts of the city, and back in the poke center the healing machine looks alot older than currently used ones.

no escelators in the poke center i understand they could have just taken those out for the mart. the starting town is way more spacious this could be cause the region is huge or newly developed houses on new land.

but like i said based off those images i get that vibe perhaps it will change with more info :)

i would really like a change in the order of things.
like not actually getting the starters at the start.
like choosing a starter but the bad team comes up to you and robs you of your starter.
and that forces you to seek revenge and borrow a pokemon until you get your pokemon back from
the person that stole it from you.
and after the 1st gym you battle with them and get your starter back.
and making it that you have to complete 3 League Cups.
Like Beginners Cup(which is the same stuff as the old gens)
but also an Expert Cup(rebattling all the gym leaders and Elite 4 but harder)
and Master Cup(rebattling the gym leaders and Elite 4 but really really hard)
and CHAMPIONSHIP CUP which you battle with Lucas,Brendon,Gold and Red or Dawn,May,Chris/Lyra(Hate 'em both) and [GEN 1 FEMALE], depending on what gender you are...
and i would like the level limit changing.
it would be nice having Lvl 1-255 and then level X(like the cards).
and even though i have a flashcart, i would like there to be NO way possible to play a rom or use action replay on it so there are no cheaters in the game.
lastly i would like the region to be VERY large (the size of 2-3 regions)
and a large ammount of new pokemon.

This is what would make Pokemon Black/White my dream games.

Back