King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/op_bw_modifiedformat-2011-04-25/

Discuss!

RE: New Modified Format Announced

I just traded for ARceus charizards. >:[

I like the no SP and no Sableye, but still. We didn't need to rotate past Rising Rivals.

The most likely prediction for the next Modified Format has actually come to pass.
Also, I think that was only posted just recently, so you must lurk a lot :eek:
/me shot

edit: And TPO3, if you think hard about it, we definitely did need to rotate Rising Rivals and maybe Supreme Victors. HGSS-on is actually not that bad, since you're starting from the very start of a card arc.

Well I do have access to TPCI's forum so that's how I knew it was coming.

they're not even rotating it before nationals. what.

"SABLEDONK WINS NATIONALS!"
guess who's playing spiritomb in every deck now. I AM! ^_^

TPO3 EDIT: DNA, I was saying they should rotate rising rivals. :p

I think it's great, it gives me a reason to change my decks. I'm really looking forward to this new format though I know Regionals, Nationals, and Worlds this year are going to be a pain.

I'm so glad SP's and SableDonk will be out of the format for good,
this is a step in the right direction thanks P!P/TPCi. Not sure how my friends will think about this new rotation.

Watching the chat about this is really funny.

Just seeing it, I think that it is stupid to change the format right before a big tournament like Nationals (No one will have any practice) Good luck TCG players.

So it's going to be HGSS on? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THERE GOES MORE THAN HALF OF MY GOOD CARDS!!!!!

If the rotation is on July 1st, it will be in affect for Nationals, right?

the aura is with me8 said:
So it's going to be HGSS on? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THERE GOES MORE THAN HALF OF MY GOOD CARDS!!!!!

same here, this blows big time :(

Guy89 said:
Watching the chat about this is really funny.

Just seeing it, I think that it is stupid to change the format right before a big tournament like Nationals (No one will have any practice) Good luck TCG players.

Actually, it's really easy. Just start challenging people with an HGSS-on format and BW rules right now =P. Battle Road's don't affect your points too much.

I hate the mid-season idea. :( I mean I personally hate sableye as much as alot of people but I wanted to play sp at nats..I didn't have it last year :(

glaceon said:
If the rotation is on July 1st, it will be in affect for Nationals, right?
Yes you are correct.

I was kind of hoping for this, but....*sniffsniff* CHARIZARD WILL BE DEAD!!1!!!1!!!!! Dx

*Runs off crying*

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I've been one of the few people hoping for HGSS-on, and I was actually correct. Finally, we'll have a healthy playing enviroment for everyone. Now I need to trade all of my Stormfront and SP-engine cards and trade 'em fast before the word gets around at my league. :p

I couldn't be more happy right now!

I HAVE SPENT THE LAST 4 MONTHS, TRYING TO BUILD SP.

Where does all my effort go? To the grave!

Yanmega Prime, I WANT

HAHAHA just imagine the mass chaos of SP players right now lol.

this is one of the most amazing things to happen in a while. i love it. wait listen....that is the sound of a luxchomp player kick the stool out from under them :p

the aura is with me8 said:

It's not P!P's fault you don't buy new cards.

I am very happy about this, the LvX era cards needed to leave the game badly, the new cards had been toned down considerably, and are far more enjoyable for it.

I really hate all of the hate you players give SP.... >:/

This is a lot to take in though. Yes I know Sabledonk is not the format BUT. What will be? And then there are cards that we're very used to that will now be leaving us. I guess it is nice to think that all decks will be using pokemon that evolve now lol.

Back