(1) LEGEND Cards of 'HS - Undaunted' Confirmed, New Goodies in Theme Decks [6/7]

Kyogre/Groudon and Rayquaza/Deoxys are nice, but it's aggravating that a game-changing set like Lost Link is being delayed.

As for the extra stuff in Theme Decks, it's about time they put something in there worth buying.

@jordanbakersays: Japan will not get an entire set that we do not get, especially not this one.

I can't wait to see the LEGEND cards to see if they have attacks worthy of their struggle. With rumors of Legend Box coming, I think Rayquaza/Deoxys could have some real play (Without having to deal with dual type themed decks)
Especially if they don't have terrible weaknesses. Groudon/Kyogre will have either Water/Electric, or most likely Grass/Electric.
Rayquaza/Deoxys would probably have Colorless/Dark weakness, which is playable. Probably means their attacks won't be spectacular. Resistance to Fighting...

As for the Primes, I like them all, but I can't say any of them are game changing. I got chided (unfairly...:p) about how Houndoom's power isn't that great, but there aren't that many cards out there nowadays you can focus a competitive deck around. Gyarados, Chomp, Ape, Blaze, Luff, Phan, Flygon and Luxray are the only things around. Houndoom I think is just a neat little stage 1 that could get an extra prize from the bench.

Slowking I'm not too wild about, yes it could be combo'd with underground, etc. But if your opponent controls the card, it may as well be Noctowl that has a little more buff, and a Vanilla (underpowered) attack.

Raichu may be playable, especially since level X is still around. Powerful, but you need Fisherman or something to keep it going, not to mention you gotta watch out for Donphan decks.

Scizor reminds me of the old school Water Gun pokemon, where they do a set amount plus 20 for each additional energy...I don't think his PokeBody is game changing, besides DCE. Not to mention special conditions and damage counters can work around that. Donphan, Gyarados, and Jumpluff can break through this thing.

Espeon is interesting, but takes a bit of prep for it's power to be truly utilized. I'd like to see a quartet of eeveelutions on the field.

Umbreon has a built in SSU, and an attack that can do (in the absence of special dark and ebelt) 90 damage for 3 energy. However, you need 3 Eeveelutions on the bench for that to work, and I just don't see that consistancy.

It's strange, all 6 primes are stage 1, and you gotta be goooood to be competitive at that level.

The only weakness that would make sense for Kyo/Gro Legend is grass.

Not that the weaknesses in the cards always make sense.

This is a great marketing strategy and will definitley boost sales...and the houndoom looks like its been shot at....

Medaforcer said:
The only weakness that would make sense for Kyo/Gro Legend is grass.

Not that the weaknesses in the cards always make sense.

You never know. It could have a weakness and resistance to electric. Just to confuse inexperienced players.

yeah the correct weakness should be only grass and a resistance to electric, but Darkrai & Cresselia Legends have weakness to Fighting & Psychic and no resistance when they should have a resistance to Psychic due to Darkrai's Dark Type... So probably, Groudon&Kyogre Legend will have weakness to Water/Electric or Grass/Electric and no resistance.

I suppose it could have a 4x weakness to grass since as I recall, both kyogre and Groundon are weak to it. As opposed to the other legends.

amisheskimoninja said:
I suppose it could have a 4x weakness to grass since as I recall, both kyogre and Groundon are weak to it. As opposed to the other legends.

None of the Unleashed LEGENDS had resistance, so although Groudon is resistant to Lightning in the games, I think the most likely scenario is x2 to Grass and Lightning.

xxashxx said:
That is sure a big pic on the front page. the set sounds like a pretty good set. I think it will come out next month though.:)
It comes out in August, not July. They already said what weekends we'll have prereleases, so why would it come out in July?

jordanbakersays said:
Lost Link is not coming here. you're missing all the obvious signs.
The fact that Palkia/Dialga isn't in this set supports that they're pushing the Sinnoh legends into the next set, including Darkrai/Cresselia, and it would be ridiculous for only one (technically two) card(s) from LL to make it overseas.

jordanbakersays said:
Lost Link is not coming here. you're missing all the obvious signs.
Please, enlighten us of these "obvious" signs. Oh, how late is slowking btw?
Dances with Ninjas said:
The fact that Palkia/Dialga isn't in this set supports that they're pushing the Sinnoh legends into the next set, including Darkrai/Cresselia, and it would be ridiculous for only one (technically two) card(s) from LL to make it overseas.
That's not proof. Japan could easily make more legends to stuff into the next set by then, and not even bother with cress/darkrai. Although, I will say I agree with the opinion that LL will make it over here. I doubt we would see Hunter come over here, and not the rest of the set. I also doubt that we wont get hunter.

i dont see why lost link wont make it to the US.... what are these "obvious signs"

Sabett said:
Please, enlighten us of these "obvious" signs. Oh, how late is slowking btw?

That's not proof. Japan could easily make more legends to stuff into the next set by then, and not even bother with cress/darkrai. Although, I will say I agree with the opinion that LL will make it over here. I doubt we would see Hunter come over here, and not the rest of the set. I also doubt that we wont get hunter.

I would be very sad if hunter never made it over here. All those lovely strategies whirling in my head would never see play.

Hmmm... Where is machamp, celebi, yamnega and electrode prime. LEGENDS are confusing. The thing is, they are ready to make 2 sets at 1 time now. Like somebody said, there will probably be groudon kyogre legend and deoxys and rayquaza legend in one set, along with houdoom, sizor, umbreon, espeon, raichu and slowking prime. darkrai cressilia legend with dialga palkia legend in another set with machamp, celebi, yamnega and electrode (Maybe 2 more new japanese promos yet to be revealed???) as the primes...

As for the theme decks... They are pressuring us into buying what we want which is a deck box and a booster pack. this will be an extra buck. Sorry im australian so im using AUS$ here, where theme decks are 28 bucks and packs are 7. A seventh of the price for a pack and an extra deck box may seem like a good deal, but lets do some maths...
the theme decks will now be 29 dollars, assuming you dont realy want the things that were in the old theme decks then we are still paying 22 dollars for the extra stuff, even if the packs were 7$. Now, if I were ignorant, I would say we would have to pay 28 dollars for the extra stuff (Which realy we do, but just let me finish!!)
Now, if we got the packs differently, the deck box and the pack together would be about 8 bucks. to get to 1 from 8 is only 7. so by buying a booster pack and deck box, you would waste 7 dollars. I would rather waste 7 dollars than 22. You could buy 3 packs with the money you waste on them theme decks!!! Oh if theres a holo 2$ off still doesnt REALLy make a big difference... Im still leaving those theme decks alone...

So... You'd rather get 40-ish cards than 70 cards and a deck box? o_O
(The theme decks usually include a fair number of usable cards, so they're worth buying (most of the time) already. These extras just makes it an even better deal!)

I'm glad they still have kawayoo doing the artwork for the boosters and whatnot. Here's to hoping we get poster packs for this set.

Sabett said:

The Japanese fall set will most likely be based on the Black and White games, so I doubt we'll be seeing any new primes or legends after Clash at the Summit.

Back