(1) Mamoswine GL from 'Rising Rivals' and Decision [5/4]

What do you think?

• Prerelease scans on Friday night / Saturday morning, WPM a judge!

Votes: 154 79.4%
  • Prerelease scans early in the week, WPM not a judge!

Votes: 40 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Water Pokémon Master said:
Discuss and vote!

the cards are already translated from Bonds, so why risk your own personal success to give us the convenience of not clicking an extra link. Good things come to those who wait, and for those of you pokemaniacs who can't wait another 5 days for an added convenience must seek tamiflu or relenza to cure you of your severe case of Pokerus :p

Whether you realize it or not, Pokebeach serves the Pokemon community as a key resource.

Of course, judges serve the Pokemon community, as well, but while there's no shortage of judges there's only one place where we can find early scans of upcoming sets.

At the end of the day, the Pokemon community will not grind to a halt while we all wait for the official posting of scans, but I'd urge you to at least pass the baton (i.e., your contact(s) that pass you the early scans) to another site so the community will continue to be served.

Hope you make the right decision...

Medaforcer said:
Is it just me or does that Mamoswine have a common circle on it?

With it being an English card with that number it has to be a rare.

Just go for the judge. We do have scans.

(Send me Luxray GL, Sunyshore City Gym, Turtwig GL, SP radar and Flint's Spirit english scans.) xD

You've got my vote on posting them later so you don't hamper your chances of being a judge. You've got translations of DPt2 up already so we basically know what the cards already DO, waiting to scan them isn't going to hurt anyone honestly.

it doesn't matter for me as if you post them saterdaymorning, i will see them friday afternoon anyways :p

your a great person, and i don't think it would harm anyone if you post the scans later, but if you post them later, it prolly WOULD help you;)

Posting them a bit later won't hurt in my opinion, since where I live in don't get cards after a while.

This is from Hong Kong, and you are supported by the Asian! :D

Go be a judge! Maybe after a few more years, we'll meet. :]

Then don't post the scans. There are moments that you should go for safe instead of a risky way, like this one. It's not like you'll loose all your viewers because you post the scans later.

Hard to choose, but i would say go for judging. You earn something from pop for doing this for all of us not to get screwed by them for just posting scans. If you look good enough you can find scans somewhere else. Also we have the japanese translations so.

Go for judging.

Right, as far as i'm concerned, We're all mature people and have learned to wait for stuff.
WPM is awesome, he's done a LOT for us in the past, he's taken time out of his schedule for us, look what he did when Pokemon Platinum was out last September, he stayed up all day and most of the night, hardly slept, because he wanted to update US on Pokemon Platinum.
Get rid of your own wishes to see the scans early, is it so bad that WPM puts himself first after all he's done for us? NO
WPM As far as i'm concerned, you don't even have to put the scans up, you deserve to do what you want.
Don't agree with me? stuff you then

Become a judge. There is no logical reason you shouldn't if you enjoy it. Not posting the scans early will please POP, and nobody is going to lose anything by having to wait a few days to see english scans. It's a no brainer.

Becoming a judge, with the history that you have with the folks of Pokemon, at any Premier event that they run (Nats/Worlds), is highly unlikely.

I have always enjoyed seeing scans early, however always felt it was a slap in the face to PUI. Waiting til the day of the PRs would be the CORRECT path to take, but doing at 12:01am is still on the wrong path, switch it to PM and you will be beginning on the right foot.

Judging is base on some individual merits, and Integrity is one of them.:D Putting PUI and POP before personal desires is important. It is a Volunteer Position that can quickly be removed if not done in a professional Manner.

So start looking at from it this perspective, "If it were MY business, would I be upset about ..."

GL on your endeavors and if allowed to Judge, remember to Listen first, Speak later.

It would be SO cool if you we're a judge =3
I don't really care about the scanns, we hav the japo's alreaddy, full set.
We're fine

I still don't get POP's actions regarding this matter.

I mean, seriously, we all know what the cards'll look like, we all know what they'll do, we all know what cards will probably be in the set, and we've known this for months. What's the harm in posting scans? NONE, AT ALL. The worst that can happen is people actually getting interested in the set and wanting to join the prereleases, THE HORROR!

I thought you had an oral agreement to just not post the sleeves and other prerelease-exclusives, and now POP's doing that themselves anyway... I know they have power over you and they would probably be more than willing to abuse it, but like Xous said, that's just downright bullying, and I honestly detest giving in to bullies and blackmail.

But I can also understand that you really want to be a judge, and I'd fully understand it if you were to post them a little later. It's only 2 days anyway, who cares? I just think POP's being a little too silly. I'll support your decision either way.

An early setlist would be pretty cool, though.

Back