(1) New Trailer for ‘Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo’s Awakening’ [4/17]

Yuyama Kunihiko-Kantoku x Takashima Reiko Interview

Takashima Reiko has been announced to be performing Mewtwo in “Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo Awakens”!
After the recording of the most recent trailer, Yuyama Kantoku and Takashima-san did an interview together!

● What are your thoughts on performing the voice of Mewtwo for the first time?

Takashima:
Well, I was extremely happy! Afterall, its that Mewtwo!?
I haven’t necessarily had a lot of experience as an anime voice actress, but I still wanted to be considered for it.
I received a lot of coaching and orders from everyone because I wanted to expand my potential, so I was fully motivated to do it.
But still, since Mewtwo is such a great pokemon, I really wanted to do my best.
I think kids are really anticipating watching this movie, so theres a lot of pressure to live up to their expectations, but I want to draw out a lot of Mewtwo’s various potentials.

● About Mewtwo’s appearances since the first movie

Yuyama:
Since Mewtwo was the pokemon to appear in the first movie, all the staff, including myself, have an emotional attachment to this pokemon.
Mewtwo seems to overlook all the other pokemon, so theres an image as if its in a much higher place.
In this work, I wanted Mewtwo to create a new image, so this production advances it.

● About Takashima performing as Mewtwo

Yuyama:
Although its only a preliminary announcement today, we have done quite a bit within such a short amount of time.
Since I’ve listened various Mewtwo voices, I’ve really enjoyed the post-synchronization of this version.

● Is there anything you would like to highlight in this movie?

Takashima:

In each Pokemon movie, there have been a huge amount of messages compiled together.
This time, with Ash, Mewtwo, and Genesect, I think you get to see several deep friendships and bonds that humans and pokemon exchange between one another. Also, with fellow pokemon helping each other out and people working together, I think its a fun, interesting, and exciting movie to enjoy.

● Are there any points worth noting from the Director?

Yuyama:
I think the biggest theme of this pokemon [movie] is communication.
Pokemon and Ash [and his friends] understand things differently [from one another].
The biggest part is when they meet Mewtwo.
Mewtwo accepts these different qualities as they are, and that is a big thing for communication.

I will be so happy when everyone is able to enjoy how Ash reacts to meeting Mewtwo and Genesect together at the movie theater.

Look forward to the theatrical release on July 13th (Saturday)!

I feel bad for the girl who voices Mewtwo. She'll probably get a lot of hate from fans of the first movie in Japan. I don't know about you guys, but it sounds like it is the same Mewtwo.

And even if it's not, I'd still say it's a bad idea. Part of what made Mewtwo awesome was that it was a one and only. THE most powerful (at the time), and there was only ONE. Yes, the whole Team Rocket made another Mewtwo is somewhat plausible, but just because it's plausible doesn't mean it'd be a good idea to do it.

Also, it's not sexist to want some vocal consistency.

I'm still hoping for Dan Green to voice him/it in the dub.

I still feel it's a new one.

They are going for a new image for Mewtwo, not changing the old one.

Also no, there was more than one Mewtwo at different points.

There was no vocal consistency for Mewtwo though, ever. While that may also contribute to it being the same thing, I see a lot of other information regarding to this one specifically as "A New Mewtwo". So yes the fact that there is hate towards a female voice, and the possibility of a female mewtwo - Is sexist.

There isn't hate for a female Mewtwo, there's hate for two things,
1. That old Mewtwo has a female voice.
2. The there is more than one Mewtwo.

Also, since when has there been more than one Mewtwo? As far as I recall, in the anime there has only ever been the one created by Mr. Fuji, and in the games the one in Cerulean Cave.

GreenMewtwo said:

Also, since when has there been more than one Mewtwo? As far as I recall, in the anime there has only ever been the one created by Mr. Fuji, and in the games the one in Cerulean Cave.

In the anime there has been two, Mirage Mewtwo technically counts.

In the TCG, I recall the holon region counting as a canon region in the Pokemon universe. It has a number of scientists that study mew and try to capture it, it has it's own Mewtwo created in that region.

So out of all that, if we account for those: There are 2 different mewtwos that exist, ones that weren't created by Team Rocket.

Hmm. Seems pretty interesting...only thing I don't like is the female voice. Well, when the new forme was first revealed, some people speculated that it was going to be a female Mewtwo. Coincidence?

Dragon Master Ryuuji said:
GreenMewtwo said:

In the anime there has been two, Mirage Mewtwo technically counts.

In the TCG, I recall the holon region counting as a canon region in the Pokemon universe. It has a number of scientists that study mew and try to capture it, it has it's own Mewtwo created in that region.

So out of all that, if we account for those: There are 2 different mewtwos that exist, ones that weren't created by Team Rocket.

Mirage Mewtwo was pretty much a physical hologram made from Ash's or Pikachu's memories correct? I can't exactly recall. I do know it isn't technically real though. And I'm almost certain Holon is canon to the TCG only.

Ok, to all the guys who are ranting about my opinons:

They are opinions

No matter how smart or stupid they are, flaming won't solve anything.

Let's stop arguing about something silly about a voice over to a tv show i don't even watch anymore. I realized that Mewtwo as a genderless Pokemon really can have the voice of a man or a woman, although Mewtwo does seem more of a male even its new form.

This actually made me like Newtwo even more, so glad it's a different Mewtwo than in the first movie. It was a nice twist, and now I can't help but notice that Newtwo is more feminine. So intrigued by the Sylveon teaser though, if I was to guess a type objectively of being an eeveelution, I would say Psychic. Otherwise, I would guess it's Normal, but I hope it's Flying. The symbol in Sylveon's "egg" does look exactly like the Insect Badge though... WHAT?

Just thought I would voice my opinion on this subject.
I've read most of the pages, and a lot of you are complaining because the Mewtwo in the trailer has a female voice.
Isn't it possible that it's supposed to be portrayed as a male female voice, by a female voice actress, like we see often in anime?
Also, the original voice of Mewtwo died several years ago, in 2001. The voice actor for Mewtwo in the continuation from that movie
was played by a different voice actor. I am, of course, speaking about the English Dub, specifically.

I, personally, don't mind the new voice. I think it's pretty nifty. What TPCi is doing with the series is interesting, and I, as a fan, never
express disgust in anything new they decide to create. I am a fan, and I like everything having to do with Pokemon.

Although, I do hope this time around, with new Pokemon being introduced, we get less inanimate object Pokemon, than we did the last generation.
I'm, of course, talking about the Trubbish, Vallinilte, Klink, Ferroseed, and Litwick lines. However, I actually like the Litwick line.

Nao, to discuss the Sylveon footage. I'm seriously loving the new footage of whatever it was that Sylveon was doing. Very cool.
And it just strengthens the new type hype that has been going around, and further increases the possibilities for it. :)

Reggie McGigas said:
Ok, to all the guys who are ranting about my opinons:

They are opinions

No matter how smart or stupid they are, flaming won't solve anything.

Let's stop arguing about something silly about a voice over to a tv show i don't even watch anymore. I realized that Mewtwo as a genderless Pokemon really can have the voice of a man or a woman, although Mewtwo does seem more of a male even its new form.

When you post opinions, don't whine when people point out holes in them or think differently. Especially when you say that a feminine Pokemon is a bad thing.

Mooncrystal said:
What if Mewtwo cloned itself? I mean, it was able to make super clones in the first movie (in like 30 seconds per Pokémon). Maybe Mewtwo got lonely and was upset that he was the only one of his kind? And just to throw that 'Amber clone' theory out there, maybe Mewtwo figured the only way that she could be revived was to become a Mewtwo herself (since Mewtwo was the only one of the original clones to survive), and that could explain the female voice. I mean, it's been 13 years since we've last seen Mewtwo, he had to be up to something in all this time. And trying to find/revive a friend could be a possibility.

All of this is just a theory I thought up in 5 minutes of being awake...
This theory actually makes the most sense I've read all day.
The information on Amber was still available, and I'm sure Mewtwo must have reclaimed some recollection of her, so it would make sense for her to have been cloned with Mew DNA, and becoming a new Mewtwo with a female voice.

Theory: What if Team Plasma was working on cloning the Genesect (which is already confirmed, is it not?), and ONE of the Genesect they cloned was actually a Mew transformed? After all, there are *at least* three individual Mew confirmed in the anime (The one they found the fossilized eyebrow from, the one from the first movie itself, and the one from the Lucario movie), and possibly more. If Team Plasma created Genesect from fossils, and made improvements on it, maybe they created another Mewtwo due to a fluke. I can guarantee that Team Rocket has spies placed in EVERY team there has been, and maybe one of those spies caught the fact that it wasn't a Genesect being cloned in the early stages and took it.
That, and the scientist from the first movie who was trying to clone his daughter did seem like a nutcase for the cause. It's possible he survived and tried again, but instead used a vessel that has already been proven to work. That vessel being another Mew clone. After all, the original Mewtwo also is supposed to have DNA from Blaine in it. Perhaps this one has DNA from a female. Maybe Amber's DNA?

I guess we'll find out when the movie comes out.

finally someone who agrees. It's not that I don't like Mewtwo being female (cough) it's just, Mewtwo being female makes no sense. How can the #1 creation, the powerhouse, the superstar be a female? It's not even in the design, neither of them. Then again, Mewtwo might just be sick, and have a bad throught.

I was being sarcastic, you sexist. What is wrong with a female powerhouse?

EeveeLv99 said:
Theory: What if Team Plasma was working on cloning the Genesect (which is already confirmed, is it not?), and ONE of the Genesect they cloned was actually a Mew transformed? After all, there are *at least* three individual Mew confirmed in the anime (The one they found the fossilized eyebrow from, the one from the first movie itself, and the one from the Lucario movie), and possibly more. If Team Plasma created Genesect from fossils, and made improvements on it, maybe they created another Mewtwo due to a fluke. I can guarantee that Team Rocket has spies placed in EVERY team there has been, and maybe one of those spies caught the fact that it wasn't a Genesect being cloned in the early stages and took it.
That, and the scientist from the first movie who was trying to clone his daughter did seem like a nutcase for the cause. It's possible he survived and tried again, but instead used a vessel that has already been proven to work. That vessel being another Mew clone. After all, the original Mewtwo also is supposed to have DNA from Blaine in it. Perhaps this one has DNA from a female. Maybe Amber's DNA?

I think the confirmation part that Genesect once was a pokemon before someone modified it. I'm not sure if it's actually Team Plasma modified it.

I'm really curious about one thing, why did Mewtwo want to fight the Genesects? What's his/her beef with those bug robots? How did he/she know where the location the bug robots are? Too many questions left unanswered. :/

Matty said:
EeveeLv99 said:

I think the confirmation part that Genesect once was a pokemon before someone modified it. I'm not sure if it's actually Team Plasma. I'm really curious about one thing, why did Mewtwo want to fight the Genesects? What's his/her beef with those bug robots? How did he/she know where the location bug robots are? Too many questions left unanswered. :/

Possibly an "I was a cloned freak too, so you guys need to just shut up and sit down and learn that everything is ok, like I had to do back in the day" mindset.

Reggie McGigas said:
See people are still whining and flaming about my opinions and calling me rude names. Wow.

That's because you're being a sexist and that's not cool. (At least in my opinion)

Matty said:
Reggie McGigas said:
See people are still whining and flaming about my opinions and calling me rude names. Wow.

That's because you're being a sexist and that's not cool. (At least in my opinion)

I'm not trying to be sexist?
So you don't whine about how i am, then how is saying mewtwo resembles a male and doesnt seem like a female sexist AT ALL?

Reggie McGigas said:
Matty said:

So you don't whine about how i am, then how is saying mewtwo resembles a male and doesnt seem like a female sexist AT ALL?
Not trying to flame, but how does Mewtwo look male? Just wondering...

I personally think it looks vaguely feminine, I will explain why if you wish.

Reggie McGigas said:

Reggie said:
How can the #1 creation, the powerhouse, the superstar be a female?
I don't know, what do you think? Sort of implying that females can't be strong. Everyone has rights to their own opinions, but the gender doesn't matter, as most legendaries are genderless. Overall, this just matters if it is a good movie or not. Hopefully better than the last couple.

Back