(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

godzilla41 said:
Mitja said:
I fail to see how that would be "wasting" an eeveelution.

Eeveelution = Eeveelution

Well if i may repharase, what i ment was that I DON'T want a NORMAL EVOLUTION! I feel that it will be a waste because am not a FAN of NORMAL pokemons (beside togekiss XD)

Game Freak won't make a type you want it to be because you are a fan of it. There was pretty much always going to be a Normal Eeveelution and this could be it. Eevee just gets typed evolutions is because they adapt to the environment. So why would there be something like a Dragon Eevee? There's no real environment or thing that powers up dragons. Normal would simply be growing up and not choosing a different path.

Blui129 said:
godzilla41 said:
Well if i may repharase, what i ment was that I DON'T want a NORMAL EVOLUTION! I feel that it will be a waste because am not a FAN of NORMAL pokemons (beside togekiss XD)

Game Freak won't make a type you want it to be because you are a fan of it. There was pretty much always going to be a Normal Eeveelution and this could be it. Eevee just gets typed evolutions is because they adapt to the environment. So why would there be something like a Dragon Eevee? There's no real environment or thing that powers up dragons. Normal would simply be growing up and not choosing a different path.

REgardless of what gamefreak wants, am quite sure I'm allowed to have my own likes/dislikes ... Just cause gamefreak desides to throw a normal evelution (assuming the new EEVEE evo is a NORMAL type) dosen't mean i have to like it or like it's typing.

SPIRE_FAN said:
Some people think the X mascot pokemon could be a new Light type or such. I think Sylveon is Flying but if that forest guardian stuff is true, it could be a new Light type.

(Though I am strongly against new types, we REALLY don't need them)

Sylveon doesn't look like a light pokemon. Maybe it's a wind-type pokemon.
There is a fire-type, a water-type and a ground-type, so why no wind-type?

flilix said:
SPIRE_FAN said:
Some people think the X mascot pokemon could be a new Light type or such. I think Sylveon is Flying but if that forest guardian stuff is true, it could be a new Light type.

Arguably, The Flying type is supposed to represent wind/air, but sadly most people don't get that part of its symbolism.

flilix said:
SPIRE_FAN said:

Cause wind on its own is too generic (notice how there is more wind-based moves that rely on hurling/throwing around other type stuff (Fire Spin, Leaf Storm, Razor Wind, Sandstorm..), than there is purely wind-based moves), but also nicely covered by Flying in its purest form.

flilix said:
SPIRE_FAN said:

Flying = wind, air, flight, those sort of things in general. It would be like making a Sand Type despite having a Ground Type.

Paddy185 said:
flilix said:

Flying = wind, air, flight, those sort of things in general. It would be like making a Sand Type despite having a Ground Type.

Or making an Earth type despite of Ground xD.

Blui129 said:
why would there be something like a Dragon Eevee? 
There's no real environment or thing that powers up dragons.

Meteor falls xD

Incinermyn said:
flilix said:

Arguably, The Flying type is supposed to represent wind/air, but sadly most people don't get that part of its symbolism.

Honestly, I hate the fact that flying represents the wind element. I'm not surprised if anyone don't get it. I'm one of them. Flying-types have so many issues while "so called wind-types" shouldn't. In fact, they probably will have only one weakness which is obviously Fire. Fire eats oxygen. Wind is not weak against electric. Rock are so slow and they can stop wind but they can't beat wind becase they are faster and much stronger like Hurricane.

Whatever.

Baby_BI said:
Blui129 said:
why would there be something like a Dragon Eevee? 
There's no real environment or thing that powers up dragons.

Meteor falls xD
Or Dragon's Den, if you want to stretch the definition a bit.

Has anyone heard of the 5 element model? Maybe they are using that? The 5 element model does not have wind or air.

Wood feeds fire
Fire creates earth
Earth bears metal
Metal carries water
Water nourishes wood

Wood parts Earth (such as roots; or, Trees can prevent soil erosion)
Earth dams (or muddies or absorbs) Water
Water extinguishes Fire
Fire melts Metal
Metal chops Wood

^Why? Water can move and shape ground. Rivers carry soil and running water erodes ground.
Aquapulse said:
Incinermyn said:

Honestly, I hate the fact that flying represents the wind element. I'm not surprised if anyone don't get it. I'm one of them. Flying-types have so many issues while "so called wind-types" shouldn't. In fact, they probably will have only one weakness which is obviously Fire. Fire eats oxygen. Wind is not weak against electric. Rock are so slow and they can stop wind but they can't beat wind becase they are faster and much stronger like Hurricane.

Whatever.

Lightning strikes, superheating the air around it. Thus, electricity > flying.
Also, Rocks and earth are very resistant to wind erosion, while the latter is also, you know, impossible to get through if your wind. Same reason why electric is weak against ground.

jynxed said:
Man, Ground should be super effective against Water. Stupid defensive Water.
I disagree with that. If anything, poison should be super effective against water. (Water pollution)

Re: RE: (1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Chrono said:
jynxed said:
Man, Ground should be super effective against Water. Stupid defensive Water.
I disagree with that. If anything, poison should be super effective against water. (Water pollution)

Nintendo. You hear this guy? Listen to him. Poison is so weak right now. Make water weak to it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

PellOfTheTundra said:
Chrono said:

Nintendo. You hear this guy? Listen to him. Poison is so weak right now. Make water weak to it.

Since Gen 1 I've always thought Water should be weak to Poison.

Mitja said:
Paddy185 said:

Or making an Earth type despite of Ground xD.

Or a Stone type despite of Ground ... Wait ...

PellOfTheTundra said:
Chrono said:

Yeah, Poison is extremely under-powered. And thanks for the compliment :D

PellOfTheTundra said:
Chrono said:

Nooo! Don't nerf my favorite type! (If they're planning to replace grass with poison as a weakness, then I'm all for it.) :p

Seriously though, if Poison can hurt water (water pollution) then it should affect ground and flying too (earth/air pollution). Poison seriously need a buff.

I'm not convinced that making Water weak to Poison would nerf it very much because there aren't very many good offensive Poison types. I agree that it should replace the weakness to Grass as it makes no sense whatsoever for Water to be weak to Grass, but I highly doubt this would happen, for those types are starters.

Back