(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Chrono said:
Dragon Pokémon said:
Pokemon has officially gone to crap. At this point, they've run out of ideas completely. This is gonna be the worst generation yet. They really should just stop now in my opinion.
I don't quite agree with that. No generation can be worse than 4.
Good sir, I think you meant to say 5.
I mean. Come on. TRASH POKEMON?!

Ugh, so that means you don't like Weezing or Muk either? Because the three together represent Air (Weezing), Water (Muk), and Land (Garbodor) pollution. They're a trio. What's wrong with a trash Pokémon anyway? In Gen 1 there was Exeggcute, a bunch of Psychic eggs, cracked and one with the yolk exposed and everything. If that hadn't been in Gen 1 and were instead in Gen 5, you'd probably complain about it too. Or if Garbodor had been in Gen 1 you probably wouldn't have a problem with it. The point is there are strange designs for each Gen and while you may not like all of them, they don't ruin the entire thing. If Garbodor really makes you hate Gen 5 then I don't understand why you're here.

^Lets stick to the topic guys :p

If you take a look at Sylveons face/head then it sticks to the normal face/head of an eeveelution so I see nothing wrong with the way it looks.

KiranTheWitch said:
Good sir, I think you meant to say 5.
I mean. Come on. TRASH POKEMON?!

You're judging an entire generation based on only 2 Pokemon? You are so adorable!

jynxed said:
The point is there are strange designs for each Gen and while you may not like all of them, they don't ruin the entire thing. If Garbodor really makes you hate Gen 5 then I don't understand why you're here.
Well put. You cannot judge any generation based on a small handful of Pokemon. It's far too early to see where Gen 6 is going now, and it's far too immature to look at each previous generation through a soda straw.

Baby_BI said:

If you take a look at Sylveons face/head then it sticks to the normal face/head of an eeveelution so I see nothing wrong with the way it looks.

I also really don't see why a lot of people seem to think Sylveon has soulless eyes. I think they're adorable, They look exactly like all of the other eeveelution eyes, except light blue and in a happier expression. And Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, etc all have colored eyes as well.
Love the profile pic btw.

Zielo said:
Baby_BI said:

I also really don't see why a lot of people seem to think Sylveon has soulless eyes. I think they're adorable, They look exactly like all of the other eeveelution eyes, except light blue and in a happier expression. And Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, etc all have colored eyes as well.
Love the profile pic btw.

I don't know why they even compare Sylveon to Victini, the one and only similaraity is that both of them have blue eyes, NOTHING else, the same goes for Chespin and Oshawatt, they only have the same body shape but nothing else about them is alike.

I have a theory.

Let's say that the X and Y do represent the chromosomes, therefore the MALE and FEMALE gender becomes a big thing for this generation. So let's assume for my theory the X and Y represents the genders (instead of the x and y coordinates - which could possibly be true too) then maybe Sylveon is not the only eevee evolution we will get. Perhaps there might alos be a MALE looking eevee evolution which they might throw at us.

Perhaps the only way to get sylveon is to choose a FEMALE trainer in the game and maybe that new bond thing will have something to do with the evolution. So if your EEVEE is female and your trainer is female and there is a bond (wtv that thing is) then that will result in a sylveon. And to counter that the same applies to the male trainer and the male version of another eevee evulution.

Maybe instead of presenting types such as dark/physic or grass/ice which both gender trainer could obtain, nintendo might throw this curve ball at us (maybe) which gives us more of a reason to trade i suppose! The real question is about what these eevee evolutions types will be. Sylveon is making no sense to me what so ever (and i doubt they will throw a normal type and waste a eevee evolution in this generation)

godzilla41 said:
I have a theory.

Let's say that the X and Y do represent the chromosomes, therefore the MALE and FEMALE gender becomes a big thing for this generation. So let's assume for my theory the X and Y represents the genders (instead of the x and y coordinates - which could possibly be true too) then maybe Sylveon is not the only eevee evolution we will get. Perhaps there might alos be a MALE looking eevee evolution which they might throw at us.

Perhaps the only way to get sylveon is to choose a FEMALE trainer in the game and maybe that new bond thing will have something to do with the evolution. So if your EEVEE is female and your trainer is female and there is a bond (wtv that thing is) then that will result in a sylveon. And to counter that the same applies to the male trainer and the male version of another eevee evulution.

Maybe instead of presenting types such as dark/physic or grass/ice which both gender trainer could obtain, nintendo might throw this curve ball at us (maybe) which gives us more of a reason to trade i suppose! The real question is about what these eevee evolutions types will be.

making eeveelutions trainer gender dependant? I doubt they, or us, would think of that as a good idea.

godzilla41 said:
Sylveon is making no sense to me what so ever (and i doubt they will throw a normal type and waste a eevee evolution in this generation)

I fail to see how that would be "wasting" an eeveelution.

Eeveelution = Eeveelution

You know, I think godzilla41 has a good point!
I for one would find this totally awesome! Gender has been around quite long but recently it has grown up to the point where there is actually a difference between as good as ALL male pokemon and their female counterparts.

This in itself maynot be linked to the gender of the trainer, but it can express in other ways ( that we don't know of yet).

PellOfTheTundra said:
Do not like gender wars idea. Will just cause butthurt.

To be frank, a lot of the speculation about how Sylveon is going to evolve is just stupid in general. Personally, I think it may be tied into friendship again like Espeon/Umbreon or it may just be triggered by being near a specific object like the icy/mossy rocks that you needed to be by in order to get Glaceon/Leafeon to evolve respectively.

Incinermyn said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
Do not like gender wars idea. Will just cause butthurt.

To be frank, a lot of the speculation about how Sylveon is going to evolve is just stupid in general. Personally, I think it may be tied into friendship again like Espeon/Umbreon or it may just be triggered by being near a specific object like the icy/mossy rocks that you needed to be by in order to get Glaceon/Leafeon to evolve respectively.

It cannot be happiness as Espen/Umbreon cover that option already.

Location-based... I'd rather they replace existing "location triggers" by appropriate evolution items, instead of adding more, so they don't have to put moss rocks/magnetic caves in every single game.

The only thing we can assume about Sylveons evolution is that it will either be a new method or a new variation of an old method (new item, new move in Eevees learnset, new location...).

In other words, it won't be something that was already possible in gen 5.

... Who is to say? Could be totally the same. Maybe... Max happiness+Hold Item+Level Up?

I would also put forth hatred towards the trainer as a possible method, but that would be least plausable given its design.

Re: RE: (1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Incinermyn said:
I would also put forth hatred towards the trainer as a possible method, but that would be least plausable given its design.

Yeah, that idea is dumb. It is just going to cause butthurt.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I read somewhere that GF will always have a new method of evolution for Pokemon of previous generations. That being said, gender-specific is probably pretty likely. I could see the character gender working out too, I doubt there would be a huge shortage of Sylveons considering how many male trainers actually play as females... ._. But then again, if that were possible, then it would be possible to get a male Sylveon unless they make that gender specific too. Maybe it evolves when the gender of Eevee matches the trainers gender?

I also don't really see the Victini thing either. Same eye color perhaps, not even the same eye shape. The only other similarity I can find is the light and dark pattern, as Victini has orange in the same place Sylveon has pink, so I guess thats where people get it from.

It's going to cause butthurt because people always get butthurt when gender is involved. Just Stahp.

GF just add a new stone so that people don't get their jimmies rustled over gender stuff. Character gender-based evolutions are just stupid and will cause issues.

r1oss1 said:
Sylveon sylv=silver so I think it should be steel type

No, the 'sylv-' comes from sylvan, a reference to sylphs (a type of sprite or fairy).

Mitja said:
I fail to see how that would be "wasting" an eeveelution.

Eeveelution = Eeveelution

Well if i may repharase, what i ment was that I DON'T want a NORMAL EVOLUTION! I feel that it will be a waste because am not a FAN of NORMAL pokemons (beside togekiss XD)

Back