(1) Nintendo 3DS Drops to $170 Starting August 12th [7/28]

ItalianBlock said:
I dunno, I think it's going to follow the same suit of the gameboy micro, being over shadowed by the playstation vita. My prediction is the original 3DS will go under and nintendo will release a new 3ds, probably XL or maybe with a mobile function or 3/4G to compete with playstation.

I agree. I'm just going to get the Vita. It has 2 cameras, 2 touch pads, and other great things. Im still getting the vita. Oh yeah. Price duduction is temping though, so is Starfox, and other great classic games.

Nickwolff2 said:
It would be nice if the price drop would take effect In the USA, Japan, And Europe.

The price drop is global, however the USA is the only country that has announced by how much the price will drop by.

Trainer of Shadows said:
The price drop is global, however the USA is the only country that has announced by how much the price will drop by.

That's cool well I wonder what the price drop will be in Japan and Europe dose anyone know what it is or when they are going to announce it

Trainer of Shadows said:

Nickwolff2 said:
That's cool well I wonder what the price drop will be in Japan and Europe dose anyone know what it is or when they are going to announce it
Japan's price will be 15000 yen, Australia's will be $249.95AU, and I'm not sure about Europe. I know that the UK has said that they won't announce their price until closer to August 12th.

That's tempting, but I'm still not interested in the 3DS. What will convince me is better hardware, a la the second iteration that's bound to come sometime. For example, GBA, GBA SP, GBA Micro, DS, DSlite, DSi, DSi XL... I'm personally hoping for a better battery life and sleeker casing. I thought the DSi was the pinnacle of the DSi line as far as design was concerned; nice colours, minimalist design, etc etc.

I'm not sure if anyone said this yet, but I found the 3DS at costco selling for $170 already. I can't confirm that every costco is selling at this price but I thought you guys would like to know.

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
What does Nintendo mean by 3DS "ambassadors"?
That, simply, they are happy that we purchased their system at the original price and would like to give us a little something extra.

So is it stating that people who aren't ambassadors don't get anything free? I think if everyone would get the free games for their 3DS, that the system would sell better once the price drops.

Basically everyone who already bought would be feeling bad that they lost 80 dollars but nintendo is giving them free games to cheer them up and people who can't afford 250 benefit from the price drop. It's a win win situation.

A win-win indeed in my honest opinion plus lots of those Games have been released years ago and can be found on there original system and others made later and im very Thankful to Nintendo for actually doing this. Its very very Rare you see a Game Company even think about doing something like it and im almost tempted now to put a United Federation of Planets sticker on my DS now ^__^

russiasfinest said:
Are you in europe? I thought it was only america, l didnt know about japan.
Yes, Japan is getting a price drop as well as here in the United States, Australia is getting a price drop too. I haven't heard anything about Europe.

A price drop for the Nintendo 3DS was bound to happen, but I wasn't expecting it to occur in just four months after the release. There hasn't been an official date to when there will be a price drop for the 3DS in Europe. If there is one it will be around a 30-35% cut.

Now that I am thinking about it wouldn't Walmart have the price even lower with there at match guarantee?

Talked to my friends at gamestop today and they said they likely wouldn't honor the price drop because it's been publicly announced. That doesn't mean retailers that don't know any better such as walmart or best buy wouldn't do it.

teeboy23 said:
Yes, Japan is getting a price drop as well as here in the United States, Australia is getting a price drop too. I haven't heard anything about Europe.

Yeah it's been announced for Europe as well. We got it at the starting price of 239€ (around 350$, pretty ridiculous) and it will drop to 169€ (241$, which is still way more than you guys over there are paying for it) but at least it's something I guess. I think importing is still a safer bet than waiting for European retailers to drop the price. The transition is always very slow.

Back