(1) Pokemon Pedometer: PokeWalker! [6/6]

Water Pokémon Master said:
I think this device is such a good idea. You advertise Pokemon as you walk, it promotes going outside with your Pokemon, and they gain experience without you even having to play the game. Very unique idea IMO.

Shining Raikou said:
Oooh. I want it.

Another good reason to go for a morning jog! :]

GHJamesGH said:
This is Pokemon's attempt at getting people to lose weight.

Won't everyone just shake it though? I mean all the lazy kids would just shake it for two hours and have a LV.100.

Pretty neat idea. Everyone else has pretty much said all that I would say about it, so...

Awesome, it's great in exercise terms. You will be walking to level up your pokemon, maybe here it will be sold too.

xxashxx said:
Souds kind of cool but why would they make a pedometer when they cab get lost or stolen?:) Just wondering because they don't last that long anyway.:)

But really, why would people steal a pedometer, of all things?

Meh. A boring gimmick for me, but nice to see them trying new things outside of styluses and figurines.

You know the world is becoming really unhealthy if even Pokemon is starting to show concern for it's fans.*cough* nerds *cough*

Sounds cool, definitely want it. I've always loved pedometers for some reason.

Has there ever been a case when the Japanese get a differnt thing then us? Im not being smart, I just wanna know. This is a great idea: lose weight while raising your pokemon! I love the idea, I never like rigorusly training a pokemon when I could be jogging. Now I can get good pokemon and not feel like a nerd! (Which Im not, Im not a hacker, and I have a sucessful life!)

Kids are rather going to use the pedometer for the sake of a pedometer, or they will just spend a hour shaking it so there pokemon will grow. I don't see both coming together.

Shining Suicune said:
Play DDR with it in your pocket! "Quilava grew to level 36! What? Quilava is evolving!" ROFL:p

That's actually an excellent idea, and it's not even defeating the purpose, unlike shaking it. I can see myself doing this a lot.

scampy said:
Hmm, now that I think about it...

This is one step closer to a real life Poke-etch, baby. BD

Actually, Takara Tomy has already produced two versions of Poketch toys in Japan (original and Platinum models). They have a lot of nice features even though there is no interactivity with the games.

A pedometer that let's you level up your pokemon...? SWEET! I'll probably only use it on higher level Pokemon though, because I think if you level it up using only the pedometer, it will be the equivalent of a rare-candied Pokemon. Meaning it will be really weak from lack of EVs.

GASP! Dont say that InuMimi! You could jynx us all! If it diddn't come to america we could get.... dare I say it..... HO-OH AND LUGIA STYLUSES!

I want it yet I would probally shake it up since I wouldn't want anyone calling me a nerd I have to hide that I like pokemon but my level something pichu would easily become level 100 before I get to the elite 4 in the jhoto if we get the pedometer i am so happy

ROTOM ROTOM ROTOM! said:
GASP! don't say that InuMimi! You could jynx us all! If it diddn't come to america we could get.... dare I say it..... HO-OH AND LUGIA STYLUSES!

It most likely only be a Japanese item. She is most likely right because most of the time we don't get the stuff the Japanese people get in their Pokemon boxes or items. Sometimes we do but it is very rare. They always get the best of the loot because they were the creators of the franchise anyway. We will not get it unless it is at a game tournament or something.:)

Pokefan4000 said:
xxashxx said:
Souds kind of cool but why would they make a pedometer when they cab get lost or stolen?:) Just wondering because they don't last that long anyway.:)

But really, why would people steal a pedometer, of all things?

I imagine they would set it up so that it could only be transferred back to your game. Like how Pokemon Ranch is set up.

I guess I'll be using this in two ways. 1st one is just shaking it randomly to count as steps, 2nd one is actually walking around with this.

Juliacoolo said:
Kids are rather going to use the pedometer for the sake of a pedometer, or they will just spend a hour shaking it so there pokemon will grow. I don't see both coming together.

No someone will buy a can of paint. Duct tape it to the can. Put can in paint shaker. Ten minutes later level 100.

xxashxx said:
ROTOM ROTOM ROTOM! said:
GASP! don't say that InuMimi! You could jynx us all! If it diddn't come to america we could get.... dare I say it..... HO-OH AND LUGIA STYLUSES!

It most likely only be a Japanese item. She is most likely right because most of the time we don't get the stuff the Japanese people get in their Pokemon boxes or items. Sometimes we do but it is very rare. They always get the best of the loot because they were the creators of the franchise anyway. We will not get it unless it is at a game tournament or something.:)
If we dont get it, then I hope everyone with their ideas for it know they arent getting it easily! It's too bad though.

Back