(1) 'Pokemon Smash' Reveals New X/Y Pokemon!

I really don't get the toes; looks like he suffering permanent gangrene. But apart from that I like the look, quite original as there are many differences if you observe. Really want to know the back story and how he came to be.

Flygon2071 said:
Shiny Collector said:
I just looked back at the Genesect movie trailer and after the shiny genesect shoots at the gang, and mewtwo saves them it pans to mewtwo and he starts to glow blue. So far I can't think of any moves that would make mewtwo glow blue. Do you think this could be the "transformation" to the new form.

That is what I say. The movie is what makes it so that it is a Mewtwo form. Mewthree appears in the poster in which Mewtwo is the star. Mewtwo appears about to "transform" or something when Ash is attacked by Genesect.

I believe it will have high SpD, Def and Speed.
Maybe it's a Tornadus-T evo and not a Mewtwo form at all :O

jynxed said:
omahanime said:
And the same can be said of your post.

Not even REMOTELY comparable. At all.

You're whining about people who are whining. Yeah.

Anywho, I actually thought this was a bad fake when the movie poster containing the first image of it was leaked a few days ago, but now that I'm seeing the official art and in-game models, it's actually not so bad. It looks like a smaller, frailer version of Mewtwo, which gives me the impression that it could be a "glass cannon" competitively speaking, similar to Deoxys-Attack. I also want to know the story behind it; is it simply another form of Mewtwo, or is it a different Pokemon altogether? Can't wait to see more info on it.

Ew guys. Seriously. Cut the QQing it's only acceptable if you've sunk over 5k into stocks or shares of the company. Otherwise just stop. Its not the end of the world or your warped 90's childhood (come on you can not say the 90s childhood was sacred in any way with all the cartoons coming out of that era).

I disliked D/P somewhat but you know what? I got over it-and now that connectiveness that they've been trying to go for is fast approaching fruition. A global release of a game is a spectacular feat in and of it self why be blind-sighted by ONE Pokemon design? If you don't like if youre not FORCED to use/look at it.

At the moment, I've started down on the path of acceptance on whatever this thing is. Not officially labeled as a new form for Mewtwo NOR is it officially labeled as a brand new Pokemon.

If memory serves, there is supposed to be a new trailer for the flick in about a week, hopefully we'll know more by then.

Still hate the tail head and the feet, but everything else about this damn thing looks pretty cool. :)

Honestly I think the thing looks more Mewish to me.However in the trailer the way it moves just screams Mewtwo! Maybe this could be yet another failed attempt? I hope not I hope this "new pokemon" has a backstory all it's own.

What's worse than people hating on the new Pokemon?
Those who complain about them for hating on it.
Personal opinion. Everyone is entitled to one, no amount of smart-arse remarks,
will change their thoughts. Why can't people learn this?

As for my opinion; I would love for it to be a Mewthree, It would fit in nicely and
expand on the current history of Mew and Mewtwo. I feel this would not work well
if it were to be a new form of Mewtwo.

Charizard_Knight said:
What's worse than people hating on the new Pokemon?
Those who complain about them for hating on it.
Personal opinion. Everyone is entitled to one, no amount of smart-arse remarks,
will change their thoughts. Why can't people learn this?

As for my opinion; I would love for it to be a Mewthree, It would fit in nicely and
expand on the current history of Mew and Mewtwo. I feel this would not work well
if it were to be a new form of Mewtwo.

If it's a new form, I'm kinda hoping on it being 1 of 2, each being exclusive to X and Y respectively. There are 2 empty hexagons bellow mewtwo's picture on the website, maybe there's another "form" yet to be revealed?

Aside from the tail head, which I don't think I'll EVER get past, I'm starting to like this thing.

Also... Kinda funny that they go out of their way to say Sylveon is an Eeveelution but remain skeptical about giving out more info for this pokemon at the present time. o_O

I must admit, I really like the design of this new Mewtwo form, (if it is a new form). The long head, the purple fingers and toes, as well as the thin design looks really great, I think.
Personally, I don't think it is a Mewthree or something, but a new form of Mewtwo, since it looks very similar to Mewtwo with the colors and the tail, which has been moved to its head.
Mew and Mewtwo looked a lot more different I think, and why would the new movie has Mewtwo in its title, if the movie is more about a Mewthree?
This is a very positive announcement for me, and i'm looking forward to find out more about the new movie as well as X and Y details.

I love all the people running in and defending Gamefreak, making out that the people who don't like this Mewtwo forme are going to quit Pokemon or some crap.

No one has said that anywhere. I'm not saying this generation is going to suck, I'm saying I don't like what they're doing with Mewtwo. The two aren't one in the same, stop taking everything so hyperbolically, Jesus..

Whats with people who are like "oh no my childhood is ruined". Ive been with the franchise from the beginning yet I don't feel like Mewtwo is some sacred thing that should not be ever touched again.

Why did WPM change the title from Pokemon Smash Reveals New X/Y Pokemon to Mewtwo's New Form Revealed On Pokemon Smash?

WPM did note that they said it was a New Pokemon and never said it was Mewtwo. Even though TPCI might go back on their word, I'm hoping its a brand new Pokemon : Mewthree.

Now that official artwork and some game things have been shown, I'm feeling a lot more positive towards this guy than I did when the leaked artwork was shown before. It looks like it has more Mew in it than regular Mewtwo does; I can see there being a connection between that, and the DNA theme of X/Y, perhaps a failed clone before Mewtwo was created that got away, or someone else dabbling with Team Rocket's clone data or something.

But, I must say, one of the things that seems positive to me that I haven't seen anyone really talk about much is the connection this implies with Gen 1. Gen 1 was obviously a standalone, and Gen 2 had a very close link with Gen 1 since you had Team Rocket again, and could even travel to Kanto and such, but ever since then, the regions and games have seemed very separate. If Game Freak is doing more integration with Gen 1, perhaps X/Y will have more of a connection with other regions and generations than 3, 4, and 5 have. Unova was clearly created to be very separate, having its own full Pokédex in the original games with no other Pokémon at all. Maybe Gen 6 will be doing the opposite and tying the various generations and regions together?

Artemis said:
Now that official artwork and some game things have been shown, I'm feeling a lot more positive towards this guy than I did when the leaked artwork was shown before. It looks like it has more Mew in it than regular Mewtwo does; I can see there being a connection between that, and the DNA theme of X/Y, perhaps a failed clone before Mewtwo was created that got away, or someone else dabbling with Team Rocket's clone data or something.

But, I must say, one of the things that seems positive to me that I haven't seen anyone really talk about much is the connection this implies with Gen 1. Gen 1 was obviously a standalone, and Gen 2 had a very close link with Gen 1 since you had Team Rocket again, and could even travel to Kanto and such, but ever since then, the regions and games have seemed very separate. If Game Freak is doing more integration with Gen 1, perhaps X/Y will have more of a connection with other regions and generations than 3, 4, and 5 have. Unova was clearly created to be very separate, having its own full Pokédex in the original games with no other Pokémon at all. Maybe Gen 6 will be doing the opposite and tying the various generations and regions together?

Or maybe...It's A Plasma Attempt at a Mew Clone!

That probally wont happen, but I like your idea.

tumblr_mkv42zEdNQ1s5w8kyo1_500.png

I really like the idea of it being a 'Mewthree' of sorts. Maybe it really is a 'new Pokemon with a familiar look'. To me, it almost looks more organic and less like it's some freak made in a laboratory. Maybe someone made another Mew clone and perfected it to be more powerful than Mew? All I know is that I really like the Forme/Pokemon.

I love the new mew-two design! in fact i love all the new Pokemon released so far. I just hope they get rid of most the HM moves and give us like rock climbing equipment and wave runners and things like that. Trainers should also be able to buy clothes. I hope they bring back having two rivals instead of one and the new evil team is stronger and have an amazing story line surrounding Pokemon dna. They should make the professor who gives you your first Pokemon a part of the new evil team. A new cast of lovable and multifaceted characters should be invented; characters will never forget similar to gary and silver. New battle conditions for gym leaders should also be included. Players should have the option of making small decisions through out the game that would slightly change the story. Elite four members should be able to be found and battled outside of the Pokemon league after the game is finished.

Please, please let it be a new Pokemon instead of a Mewtwo forme... Please, don't do this to me... Don't destroy my childhood...

I would like it if it is not Mewtwo, and wouldn't really like it if it is Mewtwo. This seems more like a Mewthree then a Mewtwo, and I dont think older Pokemon should get new forms.

Back