(1) 'Pokemon Sunday' Reveals Mr. Brocolli: Yanappu! [8/21]

Victini said:
I Gotta Say Yanappu Is On My List To Capture. That Acrobat Could Be Really Handy. i Hope To See A Evolution.
Why do you use capitals for every single word? I've seen it several times and it kinda annoys me >.>

Anyway Aipom got a cousin. Looks pretty nice actually.

Purple230 said:
NO, I hate anime dento, but the ken sugimori's one i awesome ^^,I hate the one in the anime because he's not like sugimori's one

and to avoid repeating the same stupid thing and wasting time, here are dento from the anime and from ken sugimori ( dentos VS sprite in the game appear to be the same one in the anime)
DentoBW.png

dento.jpg

ok -_-! I don't hate anime's dento much..but comparing this one with ken's,of course the anime one is bAd ..
...he does not have complete eyes...

That's actually the first thing I noticed when I saw the anime Dento. Though in the Ken Sugimori art you can't really tell because he is so light skinned while in the anime he has a bit of a tan.
eyes are not aboig broblem brock was cute without eyes in the game and anime and every thing,but dento have an egg shape head which make him more silly...

Lol. But that eye problem reminds me of Brock.

Brock has 0% eyes and Dento has 50% eyes. xD
[/quote]

Purple230 said:
NO, I hate anime dento, but the ken sugimori's one i awesome ^^,I hate the one in the anime because he's not like sugimori's one

and to avoid repeating the same stupid thing and wasting time, here are dento from the anime and from ken sugimori ( dentos VS sprite in the game appear to be the same one in the anime)
DentoBW.png

dento.jpg

ok -_-! I don't hate anime's dento much..but comparing this one with ken's,of course the anime one is bAd ..

That's actually the first thing I noticed when I saw the anime Dento. Though in the Ken Sugimori art you can't really tell because he is so light skinned while in the anime he has a bit of a tan.

[/quote]
eyes are not a big problem brock was cute without eyes in the game and anime and every thing,but dento have an egg shape head which make him more silly...

Purple230 said:

DentoBW.png

dento.jpg

[/quote]

eyes are not a big problem brock was cute without eyes in the game and anime and every thing,but dento have an egg shape head which make him more silly...

PokéMontage said:
I like it. Sure it resembles Aipom a bit with the big ears, but it's still cute. GF has done worse. I still would have preferred a grass-type Koala, though.

Obviously it was going to look better than the figurine. Those toys are abominations.

And honestly, if I ever find myself not liking any of the pokemon introduced so far from this generation, I just think back to the horrendous Rhyperior/Magmortar/Lickilicky/Probopass. Give it a try it and I guarantee you'll end up loving every other pokemon from Gen V!
Hey Rhyperior & Magmortar are awesome!, This is a broccoli-monkey, just say that to yourself slowly and eventually you'll realize how incredibly lame that sounds

SinnohTrainer17 said:
I just don't understand the comparison between not only Yanappu and Aipom, but also Totodile and Meguroko, other than the fact that they are both based off of the same animal (which doesn't bother me at all). It's perfectly fine if we have more than one Pokemon based off of the same animal.

Different types.
Different appearances.
It's all good ^_^

I can tolerate more than one crocodile pokemon easily, but again we have
7 monkey/ape based pokemon now, don't ya think thats a little much?

TheDarkLucario said:
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2627/1d8b5b4143559dce592eb19.png
^This is to all those haters

I don't find this pokemon that bad, although it's prolly gonna be useless, competitive wise [Unless it has some sick evo]

FYI, if wasn't for Tsutaja, Zekrom & Zoroark & the insane graphics that B&W have, i wouldn't have bought them....

Most of the Pokemon that they've revealed so far honestly suck IMO...especially this broccoli-monkey, its insulting to pokemon in general...

Insane graphics as in 2D battle screens or a different camera angle in the overworld? It's laughable how many people bash most of the designs and still end up getting the game.

PokéMontage said:
I just think back to the horrendous Rhyperior...

[facepalm] How can you say that????{R}

Rhyperior was one of those gen 4 Pokémon that when I 1st saw it, I just thought "HOLY ****... this one is awesome!"...

Kevin Garrett said:
Insane graphics as in 2D battle screens or a different camera angle in the overworld? It's laughable how many people bash most of the designs and still end up getting the game.

talking about 2DS how we will play this game on n3ds !! they are not 3d how this gonna differ !!?
I am going to buy 3ds but I only have 3 months, 10,11&12,one of my friends will travel to china I told him to bring for me 3ds,but I don't know if it is going to be released in these months,if not I will get ndsiXL -_-,but I WANNA 3DS ToT

Metalizard said:

Rhyperior was one of those gen 4 Pokémon that when I 1st saw it, I just thought "HOLY ****... this one is awesome!"...

To each his own, but I find Rhyperior to not only be a pointless evolution (along with Dusknoir) but also to be poorly designed. In fact, I believe almost all of the IV generation bulky evolutions of past Pokemon are poorly designed.

And on the topic of Yanappu, while I do think it's cute, I do have to agree with what others have said about repeating the same species over and over.
I wouldn't mind it at all if it was actually designed as something other than the basic monkey. There are many different species of primate they could have used that are all drastically different. Just to name a few:
-Orangutan
-Lemur
-Aye-Aye
-Proboscis monkey
-Gibbon

All are very different and could have very interesting designs and battling capabilities, but instead we get another generic monkey.

As much as this is just a "kiddie game," I still feel they should put some more effort into being creative. It's still very popular, so I think they owe the fans that much.

PokéMontage said:
To each his own, but I find Rhyperior to not only be a pointless evolution (along with Dusknoir) but also to be poorly designed. In fact, I believe almost all of the IV generation bulky evolutions of past Pokemon are poorly designed.

And on the topic of Yanappu, while I do think it's cute, I do have to agree with what others have said about repeating the same species over and over.
I wouldn't mind it at all if it was actually designed as something other than the basic monkey. There are many different species of primate they could have used that are all drastically different. Just to name a few:
-Orangutan
-Lemur
-Aye-Aye
-Proboscis monkey
-Gibbon

All are very different and could have very interesting designs and battling capabilities, but instead we get another generic monkey.

As much as this is just a "kiddie game," I still feel they should put some more effort into being creative. It's still very popular, so I think they owe the fans that much.
maybe Rhyperior was an unexpected evolution,I myself find that there was no reason to have an evolution for rhydon, BUT Rhyperior is not a pointless in it's design, ideas of design is my area,Rhyperior besides being awesome,
Rhyperior has many ideas,adding a protector to rhydon,to make him huge whith a thik body and many defensive plates,is good idea,making a monster based on a rhinoceros with this shape is awesome,I don't think I can make a rhinoceros like this one,it is not an expected design,the face, the hands with hole that lunch rocks,all these made him an awesome pokemon.

Purple230 said:
2m as an Two metres? I don't think Aipom is that big. I think you are mixing it up for inches because Aipom is actually 2'07" which is about 0.82m(82cm). If you converted Yanappu's height from metres to feet it would be about 2'00".

So the difference in height is about 7 inches or 22cm(0.22m)

Most people don't get taller than two whole metres so if Aipom was that big, I would be quite surprised. BTW, 2 metres would convert to 6'06"...

I'm not sure if my math here is correct though because I am Canadian and have lots of knowledge about metres but only limited knowledge about inches and stuff.

I'd written .2m. As in two tenths of a meter.

:3

alypkm said:
maybe Rhyperior was an unexpected evolution,I myself find that there was no reason to have an evolution for rhydon, BUT Rhyperior is not a pointless in it's design, ideas of design is my area,Rhyperior besides being awesome,
Rhyperior has many ideas,adding a protector to rhydon,to make him huge whith a thik body and many defensive plates,is good idea,making a monster based on a rhinoceros with this shape is awesome,I don't think I can make a rhinoceros like this one,it is not an expected design,the face, the hands with hole that lunch rocks,all these made him an awesome pokemon.

I'm not saying that Rhyperior is uncreative. Being uncreative and being poorly designed are two completely separate things. Using the Protector to evolve Rhydon into a heavily-armored Pokemon with arm cannons and a wreckingball tail was definitely creative, but the design is still horrid.

PokéMontage said:
I'm not saying that Rhyperior is uncreative. Being uncreative and being poorly designed are two completely separate things. Using the Protector to evolve Rhydon into a heavily-armored Pokemon with arm cannons and a wreckingball tail was definitely creative, but the design is still horrid.
I told you the design was awesome drawing a rhinoceros in a dinosaur shape is awesome thing

PokéMontage said:
Metalizard said:

-Orangutan
-Lemur
-Aye-Aye
-Proboscis monkey
-Gibbon

Exactly. Generic or not, we still have another monkey. I can honestly say this looks like the best of all the monkeys so far, but my point here is that it is another monkey. It looks like we're having the fire ape as a sort of orangutan this gen and we've had Primeape in the first generation. Both Infernape and Ampibom (and all their evos) look just as basic of monkeys as Yanappu. Where is the originality?

I mean we haven't seen koala, capybara, toucans, platypus, polar bears, panthers, tigers, lions, vultures, antelope, etc... (for more)

It's not that Yanappu is a bad design... like I said, I love how he looks, and prefer him to all other monkeys. The thing is his conceptual form is stale and over-used, being another generic monkey as the above quote says.

PokéMontage said:
alypkm said:

This last paragraph is completely agreeable. I feel that Yanappu is uncreative, yet a great design nonetheless. Even the use of broccoli is stale in respects to what has already been done with the plant type... yet, Yanappu is the coolest monkey I've seen yet.

Lanturnitis said:

-Orangutan
-Lemur
-Aye-Aye
-Proboscis monkey
-Gibbon

Exactly. Generic or not, we still have another monkey. I can honestly say this looks like the best of all the monkeys so far, but my point here is that it is another monkey. It looks like we're having the fire ape as a sort of orangutan this gen and we've had Primeape in the first generation. Both Infernape and Ampibom (and all their evos) look just as basic of monkeys as Yanappu. Where is the originality?

I mean we haven't seen koala, capybara, toucans, platypus, polar bears, panthers, tigers, lions, vultures, antelope, etc... (for more)

It's not that Yanappu is a bad design... like I said, I love how he looks, and prefer him to all other monkeys. The thing is his conceptual form is stale and over-used, being another generic monkey as the above quote says.

PokéMontage said:

This last paragraph is completely agreeable. I feel that Yanappu is uncreative, yet a great design nonetheless. Even the use of broccoli is stale in respects to what has already been done with the plant type... yet, Yanappu is the coolest monkey I've seen yet.
[/quote]
Hihidaruma is more of an ape and yeah i like the new monkey design of Yanappu.

you might think dento will have yanappu, but i guess it will be ash's.
he has had all monkey based pokemon so far. :)

ollie95 said:
you might think dento will have yanappu, but i guess it will be ash's.
he has had all monkey based pokemon so far. :)

good point lets count down shall we

mankey, chimchar, aipom, and thats it

i hope dento gets yanappu though...

Lanturnitis said:

-Orangutan
-Lemur
-Aye-Aye
-Proboscis monkey
-Gibbon

PokéMontage said:

[/quote]

you still don't know anything about him,from my experience in pokemon, pokemon HAD NEVER create a monster with no reason and thats why they all looks great, I look at the design ,the whole design including the ideas behind this,not being cute or awesome or ugly,when I look on the pokemon I try to think how the idea of this pokemon came to the designer,you can find the REALLY pointless and not creative monsters in yu gi oh and bakugan.

alypkm said:
Lanturnitis said:

-Orangutan
-Lemur
-Aye-Aye
-Proboscis monkey
-Gibbon

PokéMontage said:

you still don't know anything about him,from my experience in pokemon, pokemon HAD NEVER create a monster with no reason and thats why they all looks great, I look at the design ,the whole design including the ideas behind this,not being cute or awesome or ugly,when I look on the pokemon I try to think how the idea of this pokemon came to the designer,you can find the REALLY pointless and not creative monsters in yu gi oh and bakugan.
[/quote]

I'm not doubting that Yanappu doesn't have a point, nor am I here to say that his design is bad (I love it); all I'm saying is that whether he has a point or he doesn't (the latter most likely not), he still looks like other monkey pokemon.

Back