(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

This game is gonna be released 30 months after the 3DS has been out. I hope the remakes have this kind of 3D style for 2014!

plz halp mi. I tihnk i juzstf deid frum wacchin da traler. In all seriousness, I think I have fallen in love. I love the new style and all the starters look amazing! Hopefully the trainers are customizable! I wonder what new Team we'll get this time?

Heck no man what kind of silly question is that? The hell with the DS.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 to planet earth.

First impressions:

When I heard the names for the games, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, a couple things struck me. X and Y are variables used for coordinates on graphs. Also, they are chromosomes. We may in time find out what is intended by these names, but if they were intended to be coordinates, a third version would probably be called "Pokemon Z", with Z being a coordinate for 3D models. This would fit a 3D theme, with the Pokemon franchise now appearing on 3DS.

When the grass starter was revealed, I thought, "I'll probably go with this one." When the fire starter was revealed, I thought, "This one looks nice, too." When the water starter was revealed, I started to think it wouldn't be easy to decide. For now, I like Chespin, the grass starter.

I like the polygonal 3D graphics. There's a nice cel-shading effect, too. There's probably a few spriters who prefer the flat graphics.

The setting of the game appears to be France. I was thinking it could be a European setting. Since Pokemon Black and White were based on New York, it was apparent that settings outside of Japan were being considered. What can be the setting for the 7th gen? Perhaps Australia?

I'm excited that Pokemon is moving to the 3DS, as now, if Ruby and Sapphire are remade they'll look gorgeous and beautiful

Usagi said:
The setting of the game appears to be France. I was thinking it could be a European setting. Since Pokemon Black and White took place in New York, it was apparent that settings outside of Japan were being considered. What can be the setting for the 7th gen? Perhaps Australia?

Australia or South America plz

My opinion

the fire starter look cool , i think Fire/Psychic
the water look great (i'll pick him) , i think Water/Fighting
and grass is the worst , very ugly T-T . His head just resemble Slowking .

P.S. can't wait to see fossil pokemon . What's dinosaur come this time

Judging by the "coat" around froakie's neck, I think it's going to be water/ice
and I'm guessing it's based on the wood frog..

SquirtleSquirtle said:
I hope the remakes have this kind of 3D style for 2014!

Ah shit, here we go all over again. Give me a break for a year or so xDDDD

Cool 3D tie in to card game?

Will we get 3D cards to go along with the new game? Instead of FullArt the super rares could be holographic! call it :eek:)

Back