(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

Shibayama said:
jynxed said:
How is no one else disgusted by the amount of hair coming out of Fennekin's head? It moves separate from his ears meaning its coming from INSIDE ITS HEAD. What is wrong with you people!

The picture of that fox really had nothing to do with what I was saying about Fennekin's disgusting, disgusting ear hair.

hahahaha are you freakin SERIOUS these new pokemon are WILD, UN KUT and OFF THE CHAIN, respectively.
The elk is honestly the best but the water dude is so great and probably the white circle things will turn in to hair or some nikes or s/y
The fox is really awesome, is gonna be most people's fave I think, and thelostzone doesn't like it
The grass mammal is a dumb acorn/ sandslash/ otter/ what animal is that it had better have a pissin goofy evo

Shibayama said:
Am I the only one who's kind of excited that because the games are gunna be released simultaneously with Japan there won't be a huge spriteleak before we get it and I can be legitimately surprised for once?

There wouldn't have been a "sprite"-leak either way :p

Octobetlr daaang! Lol pokemon games will be like apple product releases!! Hahah xD im happy with worldwide releases!!!

Eh the names x and y are kinda different, but i guess i can soak that in. I expected a mineral or color title lol.

Starters: dude these are awesome!!!! My husband loves the firefox!!!! I love the froggie water starter!!!!!! Omg!!!!!

My real question is what is gonna be the new pikachu-like critter this gen!!??? =) omg i know itll be awesome!!!

An elk legendary!!??? Yaaaaay!!! Finally a break from dragons although that bird looks like a dragon, but they are both awesome!!!!! Dunno if i want x or y version.... Both creatures are awesome lol maybe buy them both!

I need time to calm down now, omg fangasm overload!!!!

jynxed said:

The picture of that fox really had nothing to do with what I was saying about Fennekin's disgusting, disgusting ear hair.

That's just what fennec foxes ears look like. It's fur.

it looks like they've dropped the 'Version' Tags from the names as well, so instead of being X Version and Y version, its just X & Y, interesting.

^ I like that too. I wanna see these starters' evolutions soooo bad. And at least know the names of the Legendaries!

This game has made this year even better! I can't wait until we have more news and more Pokemon!

Chestnut hedgehog: So CUTE! I love it. :3 <33
Fox: I like it. I like foxes. Hopefully the evos are awesome. I mean, I would really like it if it wasn't so... yellow. The color fits it, but still.
Frog: My little moussefrog. ;__; Cutie pie. <3 I hope it doesn't gain whiskers though.

Y: SWEET JEEZ THIS IS SO COOL
X: SO PRETTY THESE ARE MY FAVOURITE LEGENDS EVER

inb4 best generation ever

I hope this adds more twist to the breeding. Like... Breeding slow pokemon with fast one to make average speed pokemon.

Had to register because i'm just that excited and want to talk about it.

Am I the only one to think of Princess Mononoke when the "Deer God" came on the screen? Here's hoping it's not nearly as creepy :p. With that said though, I can pretty much bet on what mythical creature it is based off: The Qilin. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin)

Teal said:
Chestnut hedgehog: So CUTE! I love it. :3 <33
Fox: I like it. I like foxes. Hopefully the evos are awesome. I mean, I would really like it if it wasn't so... yellow. The color fits it, but still.
Frog: My little moussefrog. ;__; Cutie pie. <3 I hope it doesn't gain whiskers though.

Y: SWEET JEEZ THIS IS SO COOL
X: SO PRETTY THESE ARE MY FAVOURITE LEGENDS EVER

inb4 best generation ever

as Gen wars now expand. lol I agree that the Fennekin would look better if it wasn't so yellow, however if it was more red then it would be to close to Vulpix.

Nice Y mascot fan art by zerudez:
the_death_pokemon_by_zerudez-d5qufts.png

zerudez on dA

I don't know about you guys, but I don't like these games yet. Theres just a lot of problems in it already for me in my opinion.

So, what don't I like about it? For starters, well... the starters. I just can't see myself liking any of them, except maybe Froakie. Fennekin to me just looks like a fire type Purrloin with a more furry tail(and I have a feeling that his evolutions may look something like Ninetales). Probably the only good thing coming out of this to me is that we might not see another fire/fighting starter. This is also the only fire type starter I don't like, but then again, I didn't like Tepig either when he was announced, and now I used him for Black 2. Chespin I just don't like in general, theres just something about him I don't like. Froakie may be the only one I do like though, but I hope his evolutions don't look like Palpitoad and Seismitoad.

I don't really have any problems with the legendaries except that the elk one looks like a blue and black colored Virizion with a bunch of antlers. Oh and Gamefreak, please don't let these guys be Dragon typed.

I have mixed feelings about the games being in full 3d. When the 3DS was first announced, I was kind of worried what Pokemon would look like in 3D. So I'm happy with it having cel shaded graphics. What I don't like is how they lost the top down view. I personally think that Pokemon looks better with a top down view. Then again though, it probably will be easy to get used to. I really like the 3d battles though, so thats good at least.

Probably my main problem with this game is how they're announcing the 6th gen already when the 5th gen hasn't been around for that long. I understand that this year marks the 3rd year Black and White 1 were out in Japan, but Black and White 1 hasn't even been out in the US for a full two years yet.(and when X and Y do come out, it will only be two years for US.) I'm not really saying that they should've done DS 5th gen R/S remakes this year,(although to be honest, thats what I was hoping for) but they could've at least just skipped a year for Pokemon games and announced these games next year so 5th gen could at least have another year to shine. Anyways though, I just they don't shut down the Pokemon Global Link servers this year though.

Well, theres all my problems with this game. Now, before any of you start hating on me, keep in mind that this is just my opinion on the game, and I don't mean(or want) to start a flame war. Also keep in mind that even though I'm not too happy about the games right now, the last thing I want for these games is for them to be horrible. Pokemon is my favorite series of all time, and I would seriously be sad if these games ended up being bad. Also to be honest, most of my complaints aren't really that big, and I'll probably end up getting used to them. I'll also probably end up liking the starters too in the end, like with how I said I hated Tepig first when he was announced, and now I like him. I'll also probably end up liking this game anyways when they come out.

TLDR Version: I don't like any of the starters yet besides Froakie, I don't have any problems with the legendaries except with the elk one, I think he looks like a blue and black Virizion with a lot of antlers. I like the cel shaded graphics and the 3d battles but I don't like that they lost the top down view. My main problem with the game is how they're announcing 6th gen too early in my opinion. Also even though I don't like these games now, the last thing I want is for them to end up being bad, and I don't mean or want to start a flame war and this is just my opinion, and that most of my complaints aren't really too major, and I'll probably end up liking these games when they come out.

Back