(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

Nigel said:
Am I the only one that finds it racist that the game takes place in a France-inspired area, and one of the starters is a frog...?

It wasn't racist when one of the starters in the USA-inspired region was a pig, was it? Gamefreak isn't trying to tell us something bad about other cultures trough Pokémon ('Americans are fat!', 'The French eat frogs, disgusting!')... I'd say they are inspiring us to investigate other cultures and the world around us.

This news really excites me. I think the new direction Gamefreak is headed will either make or break this game (and the rest of Pokémon) and so far I'd say it's doing great!

Anyone else notice that when your avatar is running down the street, that the Eiffel Tower has a glowing entrance. *Sends out Groudon at the top of the Eiffel Tower* framework slowly fails... No more landmarks for France. Also, to the person that thinks that it's not in 3D, the Froakie attack images are blurry. They most likely took the pictures in 3D, and edited a 3DS frame around them.

RE: Gen VI in France?

kevinelle said:
Water Pokémon Master said:

I think Gen VI will be set in France.

Notice that at the beginning of Pokemon Direct's video, when Pikachu is speaking, that he is standing on top of the Eiffel Tower?

Looks like someone skipped over the last 24 pages and every other topic in this forum.

....wait, no. This all can't be in 3D. I don't want to buy it if it's 3DS- exclusive. Wh-what happened to two-dimensional art?

Luckyfire said:
....wait, no. This all can't be in 3D. I don't want to buy it if it's 3DS- exclusive. Wh-what happened to two-dimensional art?

They can't keep doing DS, or else the 3DS wouldn't sell as well. Same reason why they aren't making Gameboy games anymore.

That's the spirit, guys. 25 pages in 12 hours.
The more I think about it, the more excited I get. Pokemon has entered a new era.
And please, no more "Is it gonna be 3D?" questions. It's a 3DS game. Of course it will be.
And Lucky, no worries. You can play with the slider down. I probably will, too, 'cos 3D is killing my eyes after 30 mins. And I plan on playing a lot more.

No one has mentioned about no image showing the lead pokémon on your party following you. Or maybe it's a feature you can choose to turn off and they didn't wanna give it away so soon

SSBBDaisy said:
"You will be able to see SOME of your older favorite pokemon". It all started with Mystery Dungeon and the Infinity Gates.

Were not going to get to have all of our favorites in the new game i'm assuming :(
that will suck.....bad :( :(

Best guess,
It has to do with THE REGIONAL DEX.

Ive been predicting this will be Sinnoh-style generation.
So Id say if the dex is 200, half will be new and half will be a healthy mix of old with perhaps more focus on gen V (if they're thinking of it as the second "western" region, or simply the second "non-japan" based)

Ya know, like Sinnoh had its casual roles played by previous average pokes, like Hoothoot, Wingull, Wurmple, Magikarp....instead of making its own versions like BW,
so they could focus on more special stuff like Lucario, Garchomp, evos and legendaries.

Don't worry, I assure you there will be transferability and likely even post-game ways of obtaining tons of old pokemon.

iTeruri said:
Nigel said:
Am I the only one that finds it racist that the game takes place in a France-inspired area, and one of the starters is a frog...?

It wasn't racist when one of the starters in the USA-inspired region was a pig, was it? Gamefreak isn't trying to tell us something bad about other cultures trough Pokémon ('Americans are fat!', 'The French eat frogs, disgusting!')... I'd say they are inspiring us to investigate other cultures and the world around us.

This news really excites me. I think the new direction Gamefreak is headed will either make or break this game (and the rest of Pokémon) and so far I'd say it's doing great!

If Unova was based off America, I didn't sense it. Castelia doesn't look or resemble anything like NYC (it could just as easily be any other big city in the world) and there weren't really any other big landmarks resembling the US either... :|

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
omg guise

The fox is a FIRE type, and fire is RED (like RUBY)

The frog is BLUE (like SAPPHIRE)

And the chipmunk is GREEN (like EMERALD)

HOENN CONFIRMED

:p

Same goes for black and white. Oshawott is blue like a sapphire. Tepic is red like a ruby. And sniff is green like an emerald....doesn't really prove anything

I can possibly see Golurk having a new evolution. Something about that Golurk on the statue at around 28 seconds in the trailer confuses me, It could mean something or it could mean nothing at all! Maybe it's just me haha :)

K-Sav said:
I can possibly see Golurk having a new evolution. Something about that Golurk on the statue at around 28 seconds in the trailer confuses me, It could mean something or it could mean nothing at all! Maybe it's just me haha :)

The Golurk statue also has a Palpitoad below it, which is making me think that it's a ground-type gym.

aboss98 said:
TheAmazingDerpfish said:
omg guise

The fox is a FIRE type, and fire is RED (like RUBY)

The frog is BLUE (like SAPPHIRE)

And the chipmunk is GREEN (like EMERALD)

HOENN CONFIRMED

:p

Same goes for black and white. Oshawott is blue like a sapphire. Tepic is red like a ruby. And sniff is green like an emerald....doesn't really prove anything

Wow just like how Chimchar is a FIRE type, Piplup is a water type and is the color BLUE and Turtwig is a grass typ and is the color GREEN . Can you really be that brainless?

Hegafire0 said:
K-Sav said:

The Golurk statue also has a Palpitoad below it, which is making me think that it's a ground-type gym.

I could also see that happening.

SkySheild21 said:
aboss98 said:

Wow just like how Chimchar is a FIRE type, Piplup is a water type and is the color BLUE and Turtwig is a grass typ and is the color GREEN . Can you really be that brainless?

Charmander Squirtle Bulbasaur. See? They were hinting RSE remakes since the 1st Generation!

lol (you do know that the original guy was joking, right?)

This looks freaking amazing! I love the starters and I love the two legendaries.
Y looks amazing, X is awesome too.

The only thing I'm going to get used to is no more sprites. Yes, of course
I love 3D, I love the areas, I love the battle (btw it looks so intense), but you
know sprites, were more art to me. :)

Hegafire0 said:
K-Sav said:

There's also a trainer (gym leader) and an Eevee in the statue. Does that hint at a new Ground Eeveelution? There's already plenty of things pointing that way.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
SkySheild21 said:

Charmander Squirtle Bulbasaur. See? They were hinting RSE remakes since the 1st Generation!

lol (you do know that the original guy was joking, right?)

Yeah, no one would ever do that anyways and be serious

The battle scenes looked like a remastered version of Pokemon Stadium on the N64. While attacks are obviously updated and look better the layout looks similar

I'm calling four gyms right now. Fire (Obviously the fire columb room), Psychic (Room with the switching floor rooms), Bug (Web thingy), and Ground (As quoted before).

Back