(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

Im sure the battle mechanics wont change all that much. In the video where Fennekin is released, there are 6 pokeballs in the corner. At least we know for now that will stay the same.

terrorsaurusrex said:
Hegafire0 said:
The Golurk statue also has a Palpitoad below it, which is making me think that it's a ground-type gym.

There's also a trainer (gym leader) and an Eevee in the statue. Does that hint at a new Ground Eeveelution? There's already plenty of things pointing that way.

Ooh, I'm liking this one. Although it's kind of odd to see a statue of "supposedly" gym leader and his/her pokes outside of his/her gym...

Hegafire0 said:
I'm calling four gyms right now. Fire (Obviously the fire columb room), Psychic (Room with the switching floor rooms), Bug (Web thingy), and Ground (As quoted before).

I'm betting that the fire column room is in the Elite Four and not in the gym. That is WAY too extravagant for a gym, in my opinion.

Hegafire0 said:
The Golurk statue also has a Palpitoad below it, which is making me think that it's a ground-type gym.

inb4 Palpitoad alternate evolution.

Its Unovas Poliwhirl after all eh?

Same train of thought for some others like Audino, perhaps even Swoobat..

Hegafire0 said:
I'm calling four gyms right now. Fire (Obviously the fire columb room), Psychic (Room with the switching floor rooms), Bug (Web thingy), and Ground (As quoted before).

I get a feeling the fire room is at the league. The "supposedly' bug-type gym may be true but there's lot of water orbs on the web which possibly means a water-type gym.

Also do you recognize this guy in white from earlier in the video? I wonder who he is. Too adult looking to be a rival.
2zgvhb5.jpg

infrastatic said:
Also do you recognize this guy in white from earlier in the video? I wonder who he is. Too adult looking to be a rival.
2zgvhb5.jpg

I'm guessing he's replacing the Gym Hint guy from the previous games. His design is not special enough to be a main character, I think.

infrastatic said:
2zgvhb5.jpg

Pic in this post is what I was talking about in a Psychic Gym. Even has the Gym symbol (Kind of obvious, don't you think)

Hegafire0 said:
infrastatic said:
2zgvhb5.jpg

Pic in this post is what I was talking about in a Psychic Gym. Even has the Gym symbol (Kind of obvious, don't you think)

I think that guy in a white shirt is Clyde, the gym helper guy. Not sure why he switched from right to left position..

Hegafire0 said:
infrastatic said:
2zgvhb5.jpg

I was thinking Ghost-type gym since it's maybe like a haunted house. Could be either, though.

I wanted to keep BW2 for a few more years though ;-;. But this is still the most amazing news this year, and I'm hoping they just don't make it a sole 3DS game, otherwise we are all screwed lol.

MrGatr said:
I wanted to keep BW2 for a few more years though ;-;. But this is still the most amazing news this year, and I'm hoping they just don't make it a sole 3DS game, otherwise we are all screwed lol.

I have a 3DS so it won't be a problem for me..
But I can't see Nintendo limiting their customer base by making it 3DS only.. only highly recommended
That..or they do it for 3DS only to make people buy the 3Ds... I have no idea

Seriously Pokemon X & Y? I've got a 3DS but I hate those 3D games and the characters look so stupid. (no offense to anyone that doesn't like that word) That deer legendary thing, I swear they just copied it from Mononoke (anime movie), and the "Y" Legendary bird thing, seriously what were they thinking?
Is this seriously real? If it is, Pokemon's Game Creater peoples have gone down...
:(

MrGatr said:

Its 3ds. It wont be for Ds. Not enough processing power. You'll have to go buy a 3ds lol Thats what I'm going to do!

I'm so excited!! It'll be out just in time for my birthday! I really don't dig the Euro-Hipster kinda look they got going on, but the mascots look AMAZING, and so do the battle sequences. I just hope the game won't be too "campy", and maybe have a serious tone, like B/B2/W/W2.

MrGatr said:

There's absolutely zero chance they'll make it for the DS too.

Mitja said:
SSBBDaisy said:
"You will be able to see SOME of your older favorite pokemon". It all started with Mystery Dungeon and the Infinity Gates.

Were not going to get to have all of our favorites in the new game i'm assuming :(
that will suck.....bad :( :(

Best guess,
It has to do with THE REGIONAL DEX.

Ive been predicting this will be Sinnoh-style generation.
So Id say if the dex is 200, half will be new and half will be a healthy mix of old with perhaps more focus on gen V (if they're thinking of it as the second "western" region, or simply the second "non-japan" based)

Ya know, like Sinnoh had its casual roles played by previous average pokes, like Hoothoot, Wingull, Wurmple, Magikarp....instead of making its own versions like BW,
so they could focus on more special stuff like Lucario, Garchomp, evos and legendaries.

Don't worry, I assure you there will be transferability and likely even post-game ways of obtaining tons of old pokemon.

If this game dosen't have jynx I wont buy it. Or even if it dosen't have the other pokemon I like.

Has anyone noticed the statue of Golurk, a person, and some other smaller pokemon? Its a golden statue the male protag runs by.

Back