(1) Possible 'Black' and 'White' Spoilers - Unconfirmed [6/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me introduce this question to everyone: has the in-depth mechanics of the pokeball itself ever been elaborated upon? No. Do we question what it does? No. Do we call it "magic" because it somehow captures these pocket monsters and holds them in a simplistic handheld capsule? Absolutely not. There are a lot of qualities in pokemon which can be marked as magical. What if this so-called weather item is in fact not man-made, and just something discovered in this region? Maybe something akin to the shards, but with strange properties? I don't know, now even I am starting to doubt myself, but this wouldn't be the first time where I completely discouraged a good idea out of my head. I remember when we got that small snippet of the Sinnoh region before it was released even in Japan, and at first I thought that there must be more to the region. But after some time of it being said over and over again on the forums that it must only be that small part which is the region, I began to believe it myself. And then what happened? I was overjoyed at how wrong I was.

FuzWuz said:
It's like food, you eat more you grow more. Animals eat food.

But human beings can't change weather.
By that logic you would also say keeping them in small balls is stupid too. It's a game, where you can escape the logically sense of this world to a more enjoyable one and live out a fantasy of going off on your own and becoming famous with in that world. [/run on sentence]

About these weather items, could it be possible there would be a similar item that cancels one's effect? Say someone activates the water variation, but then you use an item that nullifies it?

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
About these weather items, could it be possible there would be a similar item that cancels one's effect? Say someone activates the water variation, but then you use an item that nullifies it?

I do not know for certain, but knowing how GameFreak is very careful in balancing out powers, I do think so.

scuba stevee said:
Hey Martijn, those items are a 1 time use kind of deal right? Also I'm considering these are battle items, like x attack and x defend. It's actually been a while since we had new battle items.

Hey martijn could you answer this please? Thanks.

Guys, stop asking him so many questions. He doesn't know everything, and he doesn't know the games inside-and-out. Let him give us info as it comes to him. Keep pushing him and he might just give up altogether. :/

Fire_Master said:
I remember when we got that small snippet of the Sinnoh region before it was released even in Japan, and at first I thought that there must be more to the region. But after some time of it being said over and over again on the forums that it must only be that small part which is the region, I began to believe it myself. And then what happened? I was overjoyed at how wrong I was.

Actually, I hope this new region is bigger than what was shown... it seems a little small...

Metalizard said:
Actually, I hope this new region is bigger than what was shown... it seems a little small...

Same here, buddy. I have a good feeling that there is a lot more to Isshu than what has been shown at this time.

Shiny Hunter Haku said:
Guys, stop asking him so many questions, He doesn't know anything

:rolleyes:

:p

On topic and less offensive/malicious:

kriffix said:
So I guess this means no trading from 4th to 5th gen but rather transfering them on like Palpark or something then?
Well, both games are for the DS, so I don't know how a Pal Park feature would work..

cocowoushi said:
Personally when I saw the weather indicator I was hoping it was going to cut out the post-round animations for weather effects (sunny day's shine, sandstorm's sand swirling, etc) so it could cut down some time.
Really? I actually would prefer that if, since sprites are constantly animated, we could have constant indicator of the weather. As in, when it rains, it's going to continuously rain until the turns are up. I think it'd be a little more realistic and cooler looking, plus it'd remove the need to tell us that "Rain continues to fall".

TheDarkLucario said:
Just a question, what do they eat in the Pokemon world for meat?

Probably Pokémon. They have Miltank farms, and it's implied in some places and confirmed in others that Pokémon are eaten. (Farfetch'd, Slowpoke Tails, etc.)

I mean, sure, there's the whole "they wouldn't eat them because they're intelligent and talk" argument out there, but we eat plenty of intelligent animals in real life and the Pokémon don't really talk anyway.

Redneck said:
Really? I actually would prefer that if, since sprites are constantly animated, we could have constant indicator of the weather. As in, when it rains, it's going to continuously rain until the turns are up. I think it'd be a little more realistic and cooler looking, plus it'd remove the need to tell us that "Rain continues to fall".

That would be nice but then it makes me wonder what's the point of them adding a mechanic that tells you what the weather is when you can plainly see it? Unless it's for when you turn off fighting animations completely - but for some reason I don't see that as being the case.

Also, something I just thought of since we're all talking about rumors.

There was a the speculation that the game's plot wasn't going to be focused primarily on getting badges. Though I wonder if that was the case, how would they handle having overleveled pokemon for the area you're in? What's stopping you from trading over your level 100 ubermon when you first start and just breezing through the game?

Also, I do hope they make HMs trainer-only times, like the Flutes. Many people have been hoping this. Though I know some people will be pretty sad to see their Surf go as a pokemon move. Maybe an option to (somewhat) permanently teach it to your mon?

cocowoushi said:
Also, I do hope they make HMs trainer-only times, like the Flutes. Many people have been hoping this. Though I know some people will be pretty sad to see their Surf go as a pokemon move. Maybe an option to (somewhat) permanently teach it to your mon?
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?
Just a question, what do they eat in the Pokemon world for meat?
Soy meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back