(1) Protect Your Computer! [3/26]

Heh, I'm using a Mac, and computer criminals tend to avoid Macs because it's not worth the trouble. I get the strong feeling I'll be safe.

Could we just turn off the internet connections to be safe? Not like I believe this.

You better believe then, its on Wikipedia, Yahoo and places over the net. Turning off the internet won't stop the worm being activated as the time is set on the file itself, and placed in your computer. Going offline however would prevent furthur instruction from the creator to go havoc.

Ophie said:
Heh, I'm using a Mac, and computer criminals tend to avoid Macs because it's not worth the trouble. I get the strong feeling I'll be safe.

I also use Mac. However, I would disagree with your statement. This is a bit off-topic, but the only reasons Macs don't get infected is because the security is so good. It's built on UNIX, has 2 firewalls built in, and loads of other stuff. I would even go as far to say that Macs are even more vulnerable. (Just here me out on this). Could you imagine if someone made a Mac virus? They would become a God in the hacker world! Just my two cents.

Really too bad about this, though. I would recommend Firefox or Safari if you plan on changing browsers. If any site is safe, it'll be Pokebeach! Don't leave here, guys, and you'll be okay.;)

Zach

Forum Shark said:
Ophie said:

I also use Mac. However, I would disagree with your statement. This is a bit off-topic, but the only reasons Macs don't get infected is because the security is so good. It's built on UNIX, has 2 firewalls built in, and loads of other stuff. I would even go as far to say that Macs are even more vulnerable. (Just here me out on this). Could you imagine if someone made a Mac virus? They would become a God in the hacker world! Just my two cents.

Really too bad about this, though. I would recommend Firefox or Safari if you plan on changing browsers. If any site is safe, it'll be Pokebeach! Don't leave here, guys, and you'll be okay.;)

Zach

Exactly. When you only visit sites you know and trust, you should e okay. My computer is immune, though. It's a super-computer. Twin cores. I have so much security, they will never get in.

Shade Daroach said:
>.>

LOL at the fact I use the same security programs you do.

Well, you should add this program: Turkish Hackers 2.0. Great way to be immune to April Fool's :D

Water Pokémon Master said:
You know the rules and so do I. No RickRoll'ing!

Shade Daroach said:
Spoil sport. You ruined it D=

LOL !

Btw, did your College professors make you post this on your site so you can work on the site during class time? :p

Uh-oh, I can't thank you enough WPM, once I get the chance I will immediately back up my stuff.

I have my laptop through school so they tell us not to download anything additional so it doesn't screw up there server, I'm not entirely sure so I don't think I'll run anything because I know they have some sort of Anti-Virus thing running through all our computers on there system. I will definitely back up quite a bit though, thanks again!

is it coïncidence it's on april fools day?? or is this a joke from the webmaster???

it would (for the hacker) be smart to do this on april fools day so if people get warned for it they will ignore, so it will leave everyone open.

Seeing as it's on many other webpages - as well as some local newspapers over here - I'm quite sure it's not a joke.

I'll be protecting my computer intensely, or something like that.
:3

These are the times when I love my mac even more than usual :D
*high-fives all Mac and Linux users

Nah, seriously, people, get a mac if you ever need a new computer. That is, if you prefer quality over... less quality (but more games, although you can run Windows on your mac, so that problem's easily solved).

Also, people, while you should indeed do everything WPM advised on the main page (even without a super virus on the loose), don't be afraid to be a bit sceptical. Remember the millennium bug? (Look it up if you're too young)
It seems a bit weird for this to be publicly announced, but a virus like this could definitely exist. It existing, however, is a bit weird, as most viruses nowadays are made to obtain personal information, and this seems more like an online terrorist attack from the days of the old skool hackers.

Oh well, we'll see. Not that it matters to me anyway :p

Back