(1) Pulse of the Frontier Card Images, Translations; Info [2/5]

I like the Blazekin, it may be nice with Blazekin Pt. The Electivire and Garchomp seem to work well together, snipe for 80 and get energy back, as well as remove all damage when you level up. Electivire makes a nice starter with Dump and Draw, like Vulpix. Mewtwo LA Lv.X will be deadly against all these SP decks, unless they use Dialga G Lv.X.

Blaziken FB Lv.X is great as it can be owning your opponent on T2 if you play it right.

Electrivire FB Lv.X is also pretty good, great if you have a staller active, that way you can charge some big Pokemon.

Plusle is another great starter.

BCIF is Drifblim, mainly because it looks the coolest and has the most ingenius effects. I'm glad Drifblim has finally become something other than recovery/setup. I'm also glad that Drifblim can have decent HP now. It has the same base stat as Giratina, so it should be high.

Charizard G Lv.X's attack just.... I don't know.... has got to go, espicially the fact that there are younger kids into the TCG.

Electivire FB Lv.X has the same power as Swampert EX from Crystal Guardians. The bad thing is that you have to end your turn.

Pokemaniac, I know that most Pokemon would survive that attack, but this set is coming out in the US during August, and that may be a time where SP Pokemon will dominate the season. Heatran Lv.X+Rayquaza LA+Charizard G Lv.X may be a very devastating combo. Most SP Pokemon have less than 140 HP. But, then again, Flygon Lv.X would just destroy.

What is so great about Blaziken FB?? Any Water Pokemon such as Kingdra can do an easy KO. Plus, Blaziken FB Lv.X takes the pain from Burning Soul as well.

Well.... I guess we don't see anyone with draw power yet. When Claydol joins the unlimited format, I guess we are going to have to use Uxie LA. But, we don't have all of the scans yet.

Blaziken FB Lv. X takes the pain from Burning Soul? Not if it isn't burned! D:
And it's a better tech than attacker, really (although it could work as both).

FireMeowth said:

Blaziken does take damage.
Blaziken FB LV.X – Fire – HP110
Level-Up (SP)

Poke-Body: Burning Soul
Each player’s Burned Pokemon takes an additional 40 damage from attacks. Even if there are multiple Burning Soul Poke-Bodies in play, the damage is increased by 40.

[R][C] Jet Shoot: 80 damage. Any damage done to Blaziken FB by attacks during your opponent’s next turn is increased by 40.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

The text says each, so Blaziken takes a backfire.

Gliscor said:
Charizard G Lv.X's attack just.... I don't know.... has got to go, espicially the fact that there are younger kids into the TCG.

Electivire FB Lv.X has the same power as Swampert EX from Crystal Guardians. The bad thing is that you have to end your turn.

Pokemaniac, I know that most Pokemon would survive that attack, but this set is coming out in the US during August, and that may be a time where SP Pokemon will dominate the season. Heatran Lv.X+Rayquaza LA+Charizard G Lv.X may be a very devastating combo. Most SP Pokemon have less than 140 HP. But, then again, Flygon Lv.X would just destroy.

What is so great about Blaziken FB?? Any Water Pokemon such as Kingdra can do an easy KO. Plus, Blaziken FB Lv.X takes the pain from Burning Soul as well.

Well.... I guess we don't see anyone with draw power yet. When Claydol joins the unlimited format, I guess we are going to have to use Uxie LA. But, we don't have all of the scans yet.

Yes, Hellfire will never survive the English sets. It's quite a cool name, but PUSA will never allow it. The Japanese are a lot more relaxed in this department than us Americans.

Electivire FB is great, despite having to end your turn. It's like the new Torterrible, only much faster, and having the benefits of being a Pokemon SP.

Gliscor said:
Level-Up (SP)

Each player’s Burned Pokemon takes an additional 40 damage from attacks. Even if there are multiple Burning Soul Poke-Bodies in play, the damage is increased by 40.

[R][C] Jet Shoot: 80 damage. Any damage done to Blaziken FB by attacks during your opponent’s next turn is increased by 40.

The text says that each BURNED POKÉMON takes 40 more damage. If Blaziken isn't Burned, why would it take damage?

OMG OMG OMG!!! ELECTIVIRE!!!!!!! (It finally came back since SW, Jeez)

These cards are good, really good. The Electivire Lv.X in a way I know how to use it is broken.

Some of the art here is very plain, and some is spectaluar. What is the decent but not great combo everyones talking about? Anyways, this should prove to be another good set for making Haymaker.

The card scans look cool, I like some of them. And others. . .

. . .Are rather disappointing.

My highlights:
[Absol G LV.59 – Darkness – HP70]
Basic Pokemon (SP)
[D] Feint Attack: Does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon, ignoring Weakness, Resistance, and any effects.
[D][C][C] Message of Ruin: Return all Energy attached to Absol G to your hand. At the end of your opponent’s next turn, the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)/Resistance: Psychic (-20)/Retreat: 1
-
This card will need to be erreta'd because if the Defending Pokémon switches with a Benched Pokémon (ie, Uxie) The will the previous Defending Pokémon or the currant, be Knocked Out?
Good card nevertheless.

[Staraptor FB LV.X – Colorless – HP100]
Level-Up (SP)
Poke-Power: Fast Call
You can use this Power once during your turn. Search your deck for 1 Supporter card, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. This Power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.
[C][C][C] Fog Clear: 40 damage. Before doing damage, you may discard a Stadium card. If you do, this attack's Base Damage is 70 instead of 40.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)/Resistance: Fighting (-20)/Retreat: 0
-
I'd have this card as a set up card.

[Cynthia's Guidance - Supporter]
Look at the top 7 cards of your deck, choose 1 card, and put it in your hand. Then, return the remaining cards to your deck and shuffle your deck.
-
I'd have 2

They couldn't exactly have attacks that do 100-150 without a downside. Remember the old days where you had to earn the D/C. When you got 30 damage for 3 energy. It's double now!

Oooh, interesting cards.

Yay, another Lucario card!.....and it sucks! Yay....?

Sniping for a basic Lv.X? A poke-power that heals all your SP Pokemon? Free Retreat? An attack that can easily be fixed by some certain cards? Garchomp C Lv.X is awesome.

Blaziken FB Lv.X is definately interesting. T1, use Blaziken FB's first attack to bring something in and burn it. T2, Level Up and deal 120 damage for 2 energy. Awesomeness.

I find it pretty interesting that Milotic has synergy with itself. But, then again, a lot of cards have synergy with themselves nowadays.

The Electivires copied attacks. The regular one has Vulpix PT's Dump and Draw/Reheat, while the Lv.X's poke-power is like Swampert ex CG all over again. Maybe they're running out of ideas...

Drifblim FB is pretty cool. A sniping attack that takes weakness and resistance into effect is almost unheard of.

Rayquaza C, hmmm, how should I say this...it sucks. You have to discard 5 energy cards from your hand to deal 60 damage for one energy. Kingdra needs to discard 2 for 60, and it gets to snipe for 20. And you need to have an energy for its first attack, so you'll need at least 6 energy cards to deal 60 damage. FAIL. 6 energy is like, 1/3 or 1/2 of a deck's energy supply. Twister is decent for stalling, but it has a chance of failing. And it's gonna be holo, so that's even more fail. Can you say fail? I bet you can.

Staraptor FB Lv.X's poke-power is basically a nerfed version of Pidgeot FRLG's poke-power. What would you rather do: Get any card from your deck, or be limited to getting any supporter from your deck?

Regigigigigigigigigas's Rainbow Lariat is definately interesting. A maximum of 120 damage with no drawbacks? Cool. But it costs 4 energy, so...no. Just, no.

Cynthia's Guidance is a beefed up version of Master Ball. Too bad it's a supporter.

Champion Hall combined with Energy Gain is awesome. Not only do you attack with 1 less energy, but you retreat with 1 less, too? Sweet.

So, yeah. That's pretty much all I have to say so far.

Gliscor said:
FireMeowth said:

Level-Up (SP)

Each Player's BURNED Pokemon you dolt.

Oh...my...god! I am more of a collector, and from my point of view, this set has some GOOOODDD artwork! Electivire FB Lv. X and Regigigas FB FTW!!

man... for people who thinks that SP-pokemon with attacks that require 4 or more energy sucks, i just say: Energy Gain.

(I must get) Charizard G Lv. X. Its attack costs 5 energy... attach energy gain and you will "only" need 4 energy. this will still require some time to setup. Once you get those 4 energy, attack and if tails and you have to discard, no problem. just make sure you have Heatran Lv. X & Typhlosion MT on the bench... it will probably be slow anyway, but 150 kills almost everything... I think Charizard G Lv.X is a new Charizard ex, just with some new advantages and also some disadvantages... but I love it...

SP decks will gain way more power once more, finally basics are getting some love :D

So far, Garchomp C X caught my eye, just because of the massive power. A 1-1/2-2 line probably wouldn't hurt an SP deck much, and against decks which fail to OHKO SPs, this thing might be critical.

Staraptor X seems like a great support poke, free retreat, decent attack, 1-energy attack basic, and of course that epic power would probably make a 1-1 line or something like that anything but a waste of deckspace. SPs could wish for a better support Pokémon, though (although this might make them cross the line between very good and broken)

My favourite Pokémon here is Drifblim, though. Not only is it a massive HP basic, it also does some decent snipe, AFFECTED BY WEAKNESS AND RESISTANCE <3
And the art is excellent. Resistance against colourless might also help.

I am not pleased at all.

None of these cards sends Rampardos or Machamp into the pits of despair that they deserve.

They are very cool I would admit, but for the love of christ, I can't play them if they keep dying to those two.

That being said, Garchomp C Lv. X is very, very cool. Free Healing for all SP is nice. Charizard's attack name would be changed to something less cool than "Crimson Flare", because from what I have seen from PUSA, they are losing their touch from this new set, like "Thankfulness", "Flame Bash", or "Best Dance".

Wow, I'm... Simply blown away from some of the artwork. Which ones do I think look best? Oh, every Garchomp listed (especially the one on the bottom of the list which looks like an Arita), the Feebas, the Dragonite, the Regigigas, and, especially, the Rayquaza. I'm simply drooling over the artwork on the Rayquaza. Astounding.

Thanks for bringing the news to us, WPM, and thank you Bangiras for the translations.

Wow, the Charizard Lv.X's attack name is so not going to stay that in the english version. xD

The StaraptorGon 2 Engine might be some fun. Sadly Porygon 2 will probably be rotated by this time...

Claydol will probably be a fun rogue too.

Back