(1) Pulse of the Frontier Card Images, Translations; Info [2/5]

Forest Guardian is back! Forest Guardian is back! Forest Guardian is back! Forest Guardian is back!

These are some decent cards. I just wish they don't focus on the SP-Pokemon that closely.

FireMeowth said:
Gliscor said:
Blaziken does take damage.
Blaziken FB LV.X – Fire – HP110
Level-Up (SP)

Poke-Body: Burning Soul
Each player’s Burned Pokemon takes an additional 40 damage from attacks. Even if there are multiple Burning Soul Poke-Bodies in play, the damage is increased by 40.

[R][C] Jet Shoot: 80 damage. Any damage done to Blaziken FB by attacks during your opponent’s next turn is increased by 40.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

The text says each, so Blaziken takes a backfire.
The text says that each BURNED POKÉMON takes 40 more damage. If Blaziken isn't Burned, why would it take damage?

I'm saying if Blaziken were burned.

Noticed this. Gliscor LA with Pester along with Blaziken FB Lv.X and Blaziken PT is a great combo.... 120 damage each turn!

I like the cards and their art. I can't wait to see them in English though rather than the translations because I like to see their real form.:)

Oh wow. Brand new scans from Pulse of the Frontier. Let's see, ABSOLUTELY LOVE Garchomp C Lv.X, Staraptor FB Lv.X, and Drifblim FB. That being said, looks like SP Pokemon is going to get another HUGE boost from this set. Champion Hall reduces the Retreat Cost of all SP Pokemon, Regigigas has a high Energy cost, but it does damage for more SP Pokemon in play, and let's not forget Garchomp's insane healing. And omg, that Staraptor Lv.X is going in whatever deck I play. A Supporter a turn is too good to pass up. Cyrus's/Roseanne's/Bebe's for Pokemon/Energy/TGI? Yes, please. Battle Tower could be almost useful in AMU (If it's still around...) or any other Lv.X high deck. Charizard G Lv.X sucks IMO. Hellfire is the best Attack name I've ever seen, at least for a Charizard. Blaziken FB Lv.X is pretty cool, but mirror matches will suck it's fire off. Plusle is a cool starter too.

Oh, and Electivire FB Lv.X almost takes the cake for BCIF. Claydol takes almost WCIF. (Worst card). Haha. People will play it though, just because Claydol GE was broken. Dragonite SP could be a good anti-SP Pokemon. Usually when they make these cards, it means that SP Pokemon will end their time, but most of the time, this just means that they will overcentralize the metagame. Plain Garchomp is pretty cool with the Body and Attack as well.

I'm looking forward to this set a lot. Great artwork, and I can't wait for more scans and spoilers. Viva la SP Pokemon!

dmaster out.

AMU will be around. Also the Charizard G lv. X looks good but won't really help fire decks all that much. Still not sure how great SP pokemon will be and will have to wait until states to find out.

I'm kinda disapointed by this set so far, I do like Feebas though, if the next format is more setup based it could be the new Holon's Castform.

But anyway, it looks like our next format's decks will be decided by bonds.

octillery49 said:
I do like Feebas though, if the next format is more setup based it could be the new Holon's Castform.

I doubt it.

Plusle looks like it would be amazing in the right decks. The other stuff is really sort of meh, except for Cynthia's Guidance.

Wow, I don't know where to start here. xD

Charizard's attack name is DEFINITELY going to be changed before hitting the US. But I don't think it would matter anyway, it doesn't seem like it will be very good. :/

I LOVE all of the Garchomps, as a Garchomp fan. Garchomp C Lv.X is completely BROKEN, Seriously, throw out TST, Throw out Garchomp C, Level it up, heal everything, Scoop up in some sort, REPEAT. :D I love Garchomps Poke-POWER, it can help prevent pokemon like Charizard from attacking completely, that is, if it ever gets competitive.

And finnally an unbroken Claydol is released. xD

All around I think this will be a VERY good set though.

The artwork for these cards are absolutly amazing! I especially love the Rayquaza C, Dragonite FB, and the 2 Charizard. Of course, every Charizard card has amazing artwork.
I can't wait till these come to America.

I have a hunch that we'll be getting Rayquaza lv.x and Absol lv.x
We know that there are 5 lv.x in the main set. On the booster packs' art, we see electivire, blaziken, staraptor, absol and rayquaza. So far, electivire, blaziken and staraptor are confirmed Lv.xs. So that leaves the 2 other X. I might be wrong...we'll see.

junjun said:
I have a hunch that we'll be getting Rayquaza lv.x and Absol lv.x
We know that there are 5 lv.x in the main set. On the booster packs' art, we see electivire, blaziken, staraptor, absol and rayquaza. So far, electivire, blaziken and staraptor are confirmed Lv.xs. So that leaves the 2 other X. I might be wrong...we'll see.

At least that would explain why they're so Bad
Ray would probably abuse the nrg discard and sbsol would Stop the def Pokémon from retreating or sth similar

I saw nothing that I wanted to use in a deck, they were all bad cards!
High energy costs, lowsy attacks, no good powers or bodies, come on!

Muddy68 said:
I saw nothing that I wanted to use in a deck, they were all bad cards!
High energy costs, lowsy attacks, no good powers or bodies, come on!

Keep looking!
It depends what type deck you play, Then, You'll find a card that looks attractive and playable.
Don't just lose hope on the whole set. There will be plenty more cards to come.

Yeah, good point. Those were only some of the cards. There has to be some good card in that pack or else, why print it!

Back