(1) Pulse of the Frontier Scans, Translations, Info [3/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Pianta said:
Lou Cypher said:
This set disappoints me...there isn't a lot of interesting stuff in here.
Why did Sandslash have to be bad again :(

What did you expect, it is just a sandslash...

So? Claydol isn't exactly great in the videogames either. Neither is Pidgeot. Yet those got AWESOME cards at one point in time. Sandslash, however, has NEVER been anything remotely good.

Honchkrow, Exploud (as a tech), and Palmer are sadly the only cards that catch my attention after the psychics. Oh well. It seems like a creative set.

DUSKNOIR!!!! WOOOOAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

I'm going to use this with Shadow Command Dusknoir.

Anyways,

Blaziken could work.​

Lou Cypher said:
Don Pianta said:
Lou Cypher said:
This set disappoints me...there isn't a lot of interesting stuff in here.
Why did Sandslash have to be bad again :(

What did you expect, it is just a sandslash...

So? Claydol isn't exactly great in the videogames either. Neither is Pidgeot. Yet those got AWESOME cards at one point in time. Sandslash, however, has NEVER been anything remotely good.

Wasn't talking about the games, Sandslash has never been good in the TCG either.

Dusknoir FB has some SERIOUS potential... Magmortar, shiny Milotic, Lunarock, Primeape, Dodrio, and Garchomp are all really cool too.

Not to mention Night Teleporter, which only has like 23084203842304823 possible combos...

Raticate + Energy Gain is looking to be a possible starter too.

Right now the big decks that I am seeing are
Primeape + Chatot
Honchkrow + Cressy + Palkia
Ray + Milotic + Banette
Blaziken
Venusaur + Yanmega
Ninja'd (Shedinja + Ninjask)
Vire
LunaSol
Noir
Absol G
Metagross

And in each of these deck there will be a handful of Dodrio.

Honchkrow looks like a nice tech in SP decks, especially if they don't focus on speed. It has sweet art, too. It even has synergy with itself. Honchkrow is, by far, my favorite card of the set.

Venusaur is just freaking awesome. Inflict a ton of special conditions, increase their retreat cost with Ariados or something, and do 160 damage for 2 energy, assuming you have Sceptile in play.

Primeape is interesting. Deck disruption ftw. Oh, I just discarded your Wailord? Say goodbye to that and your active Pokemon. Oh, I discarded Rampardos? I'm so sorry. Hey, maybe your active Pokemon would like to join that Rampardos in the discard pile.

Woah, Metagross is pretty interesting. -20 HP to all? Snowpoint is useless in the face of Metagross.

Skarmory FB's Metal MAX reminds me of the attack on a Skarmory ex I made, Metal Overload. Ahhh...good times.

I can officially consider Relicanth an SP Counter. They're bound to have Snowpoint, Galactic's HQ, or Champion's Room in play. And come on, they gotta hav those Energy Gains. And you can do that damage to any Pokemon. Awesomeness.

Seaking's first attack is the same as POP 9's Garchomp...only it does 10 more damage. Serves Garchomp right. Be afraid. Seaking's here.

Breloom has synergy with its SW counterpart...assuming your opponent doesn't use that free retreat cost to their advantage and bring up their powerhouse.

Raticate G is mush worse than I expected it to be. One of my favorite Pokemon still, and always will, suck. ;_;

Unless you need 1 single card to win a match, Night Teleporter just fails.

Pretty much all I got on this set.

You think that Night Teleporter fails, I think that it is the best trainer around. Instead of dropping a Uxie for 3 cards, you can play a Night Teleporter and get the full 7 cards. Not only that but with Ray and Milotic there are some great possibilities.

Yes, but it's flippy. I personally think it just fails. I can help in Rayquaza, but it's just too flippy and luck-based.

Night Teleporter can also be a great way to refresh your hand. Night Teleporter + Claydol = 6 new cards in your hand.

And some marked Trainers are Stadiums.

Also, in Chingling Lv. 7 Poke-power, would it be "put 1 Chimecho card..." instead of Mr. Mime?

Cards I like from the set:
Wailord: high hp, and 100 damage
Marshtomp is ok. Like the pokepower
Dewgong is pretty nice; very nice pokebody and nice first attack
Numel makes a decent energy acceleration for fire deck, provided you play energy switch, energy link, or stark mountain.
Blaziken FB lvx can donk. You need a level max and energy gain along with blaziken fb and 1 fire energy.
Magmorta’sr pokepower and first attack are decent. This is inferior to sw magmortar.
Shedinja has annoying pokebody and decent snipe attack in a spread deck. It could combo well with yanmega la or ninjask.
Ninjask was made to combo with shedinja. I like the attacks but hate the hp.
Yanmega is other energy acceleration.
Plusle is a semi-decent starters and draw power in pinch.
Masquerain is decent starter.
Mr. Mime is anti-rampardos. Imagine attaching memory berry to this guy when facing rampardos.
Lunatone is BROKEN against psychic and dark decks; 4 moonlight stadium; lol……….
Solrock is nice if you can find space on bench.
Chingling has an error in the translation; it should be chimecho instead of mr.mime
Chimecho is a GREAT SPREAD card against decks that uses expensive attacks.
Driflim is nice.
Primeape might be able to donk.
Rhyperior has nice first attack but an expensive second attack.
Breloom is awesome with all special energy running around; very nice tech card.
I like first relicanth’s first attack; might be decent against sp deck
Metang has nice pokebody.
I am not sure whether I like metagross or not; attack is useful against mono-theme deck but might be useless against sp decks.
Dodrio has nice pokepower. This and staraptor fb are decent draw engine.
Exploud has lovely pokebody.
Chatot g combos very well with Primeape and is decent starter.
Raticate has nice first attack.

The artwork for these cards look nice. I love the Rayquaza cards, and I'm not 100% sure but it looks like there is a new card artist by the name of Kawayaa. I like their style ^^

TruTruSky said:
Night Teleporter can also be a great way to refresh your hand. Night Teleporter + Claydol = 6 new cards in your hand.

Night Teleporter + Uxie LA is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back