(1) Pulse of the Frontier Scans, Translations, Info [3/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't like Spiritomb, but Rayquaza hints at a great new artist. Definitely not a new Tomokazu Komiya though... That Gabite sucks.

Electivire Lv.X is awesome, its style seems to be kind of similar to Leafy X. Although that Frontier Brain on that looks ANGRY.

I can't wait to get my set on saturday from Ideal. the only cards that capture my interest are the Staraptor, Rayquaza, Electivire set, Dragonite and Chatot they are going to be awesome combos for the SP's to pull off.

PokeMaster619 said:
DUSKNOIR!!!! WOOOOAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

I'm going to use this with Shadow Command Dusknoir.

Anyways,

Blaziken could work.​

Why is it that people just so happen to come up with combos with the G pokemon's non-Galactic namesake? :rolleyes:

Dusknoir G is scary. The rest is pretty crap to be honest.

Don Pianta said:
Lou Cypher said:
Don Pianta said:
Lou Cypher said:
This set disappoints me...there isn't a lot of interesting stuff in here.
Why did Sandslash have to be bad again :(

What did you expect, it is just a sandslash...

So? Claydol isn't exactly great in the videogames either. Neither is Pidgeot. Yet those got AWESOME cards at one point in time. Sandslash, however, has NEVER been anything remotely good.

Wasn't talking about the games, Sandslash has never been good in the TCG either.

So what's your point? I mean, sometimes Pokemon that have never been good in the TCG suddenly get good cards.

Anyway, I like Regigigas FB. Look at what kind of varied backfield the SP's can play with.
And Honchkrow is just made to mess with SP decks, thats for sure. 90 for 3 guaranteed against them, not accounting for your own Murkrows in your backfield. That 3 energy cost might be a little problem though, and its not as hot against other decks, though nothing keeps Honchkrow from teching in Mismagius SF to mess with the opponent in an awesome way.
Yes. That's right. Mismagius SF.

This set isn't too great. :( I won't be buying a box of it.

If Claydol goes out than we MIGHT see Dodrio played, but it's still only one card, Uxie's better.

I really want to like Lunasol, but I just can't see it actually working especially since there's a chance that we'll be losing Moonlight Stadium in the next rotation.

I could see Milotic and Bannete working, so maybe I'll try that sometime.

That Garchomp is soooooooo good, no real combos, but just in and of itself it's great.

The ninja line could work in specific metagames, but you have to know your meta, you can't just randomly run it.

What? No love for Absol? No love for the Shiny Milotic/Rayquaza C Lv. X and Bannette combo? Sure, Rayquaza needs energy Accel., but that isn't too hard to obtain. And Absol (especially Dark Burial), is just too awesome.

It is pretty obvious from this set that they're intent on slowing down the game though. Just look at it. Shielding effects, energy disruption, buffer piece, no more Macheap/Kingdra/Rampardos 1-for-kill stuff, the SP's actually slowing down the game...I'm liking where this game is going with this.

Lou Cypher said:
It is pretty obvious from this set that they're intent on slowing down the game though. Just look at it. Shielding effects, energy disruption, buffer piece, no more Macheap/Kingdra/Rampardos 1-for-kill stuff, the SP's actually slowing down the game...I'm liking where this game is going with this.

That's true, it does seem to be slowing down. IDK, I kinda liked it fast, but that's just me, I guess...

Well i am pretty sure Straptor FB lvX will be techd in 1 or 2 decks if Claydol is going to be Rotated out. Not much of an attacker though. Still trying to think of a Consistant way of using Charizard G lvX.

Uxie will be Claydol's replacement, but after that, we will see Dodrio. Unless, of course, something else that's better comes out.

Not really, seeing as Uxie helps out a lot more with setup, and, it's non-evolved. Advantage: Uxie.

venusaur PotF + dustox PT + shaymin LV.X land forme = pure awesomeness. venusaur's last ditch pollen says: 'if venusaur has 8 or more damage counters on it', not 'if venusaur has 60 or less hp', so with shaymin, you'll get to use last ditch pollen for the full effect, without taking too much risk.
after that, keep on statusing their pokemon, or get your dustox in (it will be invincible thanks to its camouflage pattern pokebody). LOLZ!

PokeChamp said:
Lou Cypher said:

That's true, it does seem to be slowing down. IDK, I kinda liked it fast, but that's just me, I guess...

Frankly, I'm no fan of "I hit you for 80 without having to had set up anything" kind of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back