(1) Regigigas and Shaymin Toys R Us Event Information [1/25]

I already knew Gigas was in March, as a TRU Employee had spoken of it.
Although, another one had said it should have been before Shaymin.
Oh well.
Can't wait.

Yes! Another chance to battle people! I just go there to battle people. I was the best at toys r us last year. lolz

I don't completely understand do you just walk in and download whenever or is it an event. An i can't find any of those posters where I can actually read the instructions.

I kinda bought the game reciently, so I've never been at an event before. Also, I don't live in the country, so I was wondering if any of the event things (Pokemon, items, BP (?), etc.) is going to be given out via Wi-Fi to the entire world..

Thanks.

It is the same thing as the Darkrai and Manaphy Event, you walk in, and you download the ticket via Mystery Gift.

You don't even have to go in. I have downloaded from the parking lot.

The coupon only works from the 8th-14th? Darn, I was gonna pitch in that to get 5 bucks off Dragon Quest V. (It comes out 3 days after the coupon expires)

Anyway, I'm glad that they're doing the Regigigas event. But I think they're carrying it too far. March 8th to the 21st? As far as I know, events usually only happen for 1 day. I expect a swarm of people on the first day, then the number of people will drastically drop as the days go on.

I am guessing they made it so long because you need it to get the Regis in Platinum without migrating them.

Can you stack the coupons? Like if you have 2 games and get 2 5$-off coupon, Can you get 10$ off or is it 5$ per item?

Divine_Light said:
Can you stack the coupons? Like if you have 2 games and get 2 5$-off coupon, Can you get 10$ off or is it 5$ per item?

If it's anything like the Darkrai coupon (which I saved), it'll state: "Limit one per [Shaymin] distribution participant. In store only. One coupon per guest. Not valid with any other "R"Us offer for the same item or on prior purchases."

So, really, you can only use one since you're really only supposed to be getting one (no matter how many games you bring), and two coupons can evidently not be used together on the same item.

As for the news, thanks for bringing it to us, WPM.

Divine_Light said:

The previous coupons were given out one per person regardless of how many games you happen to have. I have 4 games, and still only recieved one all of the times there have been coupons in the past.

And from what I recall, the coupons are not stackable either. So even if you were somehow able to obtain more than one, you couldn't stack them anyway. Although, you may be able to use one on another game during another visit.

I can't wait to get the event pokemon. I love Shaymin and Regigas. I hope that the shaymin isn't lv.100 like the Regigagas because I want to ev(or iv can never remember which)train it. But on the can you get one for each game you bring in. Like one for diamond and one for platinum?

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
I can't wait to get the event pokemon. I love Shaymin and Regigas. I hope that the shaymin isn't lv.100 like the Regigagas because I want to ev(or iv can never remember which)train it. But on the can you get one for each game you bring in. Like one for diamond and one for platinum?

Yes, you can get one for each game you bring in. However, I'm not sure if it will work on Platinum (especially Japanese Platinum).

Adrialberto said:
I kinda bought the game reciently, so I've never been at an event before. Also, I don't live in the country, so I was wondering if any of the event things (Pokemon, items, BP (?), etc.) is going to be given out via Wi-Fi to the entire world..

Thanks.

Unforunately, these events will not be able to be downloaded by WiFi. But, for Platinum, in Japan there are three WiFi events. One is for a Secret Key to get Rotom's other forms, then it's the Darkrai and the Shaymin one. This hasn't been confirmed for the English games, but I'm 99% (if not 100%) they will also occur.

Back