(1) Regigigas and Shaymin Toys R Us Event Information [1/25]

Xous said:
CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
I can't wait to get the event pokemon. I love Shaymin and Regigas. I hope that the shaymin isn't lv.100 like the Regigagas because I want to ev(or iv can never remember which)train it. But on the can you get one for each game you bring in. Like one for diamond and one for platinum?

Yes, you can get one for each game you bring in. However, I'm not sure if it will work on Platinum (especially Japanese Platinum).

From what I've seen, the downloads are only compatible with english language games.

And CFOURCOLTSFAN, it's very likely that the Shaymin is identical to the one given out in Japanese theaters for movie 11. If this is indeed the case, Shaymin will be level 50.

Wow a level 100 Shaymin? That is a rare givaway. Anyone who gets one I will be willing to trade for it.:)

It is a Lv.100 Regigigas.

Whoa, nice attacks for both Pokemon. Will they give away hints to get Skymin (I know how to get Skymin.)

Your luky that can go to events...

In Norway where i lives we have never had one event, not one :'(

But i guess i can get to trade them from someone so i'll propably get them anywa :D

...Who would want to trade away their event Pokémon (except for hackers)? ._.

I'm thinking about getting my grandparents to go to the events, because the events will never come to Norway. Oh, and there's been many events in Norway. The only Pokémon we haven't gotten are Celebi- and the two 4th Gen-event Pokémon (one of which we got through Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia), after all.

You can always clone them, even legit people do it.

I got my Shaymin months ago, the Japanese Shaymin which is exactly the same. It should be noted that, this Shaymin they are giving away is the only Shaymin that can trigger the girl in Floraroma Town to give you the Gracecia Flower to transform Skymin.

However, once you got the flower, you can transform any Shaymin, even ones from Flower Paridise. Japan is going to get the Flower Paridise event soon.

Hemorrhoid Cream is a tub of Hemorrhoid Cream, being Level 100, you can't EV train him at all (Unless you want him to have 100 EVs in stats you want via Vitamins). He is just here for one purpose, to unlock the Regis in Platinum.

Yes, Shaymin! It will be fun to have a Skymin. Even though Regigigas can't be EV trained, I like the fact that it holds the Cutsap berry, even if it's not that useful competitively. Besides, capturing the Regis in Platinum will be cool.

Musical said:
Yes, Shaymin! It will be fun to have a Skymin. Even though Regigigas can't be EV trained, I like the fact that it holds the Cutsap berry, even if it's not that useful competitively. Besides, capturing the Regis in Platinum will be cool.

the fact that you actually control the natures they would be in this time around is eveN better. Stupid Emerald... (kicks game), you are NOTHING to me now.

FireMeowth said:
Clear said:
You can always clone them, even legit people do it.
But they wouldn't be completely legit then. D:

...Which is why I never trade with people.

Cloning is 100% legit , because it's from a glitch in the game.
As for the events , I am so glad I found my diamond verison.
So now I can get 2 of each of them.
I wonder through... If the japanese movie Gigas activates the regi events in english platnium?

(Randy) said:
...But, using glitches is cheating. They're errors in the game, and not meant to be possible. Therefore, you're breaking the game rules by using glitches. Just as bad as hacking, really.
Oh, and they're holding a Classic Ribbon (at least Shaymin is. Don't remember if Regigigigigigi held one as well), right? Meaning: No GTS-glitching. : D

EDIT:
And yes, Regigigigigigigigi activates the Regi Chambers in Platinum.
regigigas-event.jpg

FireMeowth said:
(Randy) said:
...But, using glitches is cheating. They're errors in the game, and not meant to be possible. Therefore, you're breaking the game rules by using glitches. Just as bad as hacking, really.
It's not cheating at all.
I don't want to start a flame war.
yes they are errors , but everything has errors.
You aren't breaking any game rules by using glitches.
Using Glitches is way different than hacking.

But cloning is not a legal way of obtaining Pokémon, because it's not meant to be possible. If you do something that's not meant to be possible, you're breaking the game rules (aka cheating). I didn't say that glitching was the same as hacking, but it can be just as bad.

FireMeowth said:
But cloning is not a legal way of obtaining Pokémon, because it's not meant to be possible. If you do something that's not meant to be possible, you're breaking the game rules (aka cheating). I didn't say that glitching was the same as hacking, but it can be just as bad.

No it isn't.
No one would trade their precious 30/X/30/30/30/29 Modest Dialga if it wasn't for cloning. Data is data, it can always be manipulated to replicate itself. The only question is how to do it.

Almost all competitive Pokemon D/P websites out there, such as Smogon and Marriland allows cloning. Because as I said, people will not trade unless they can clone.

Let me tell you this, you can have anything and have it hack checked left and right, and it will have no difference than the original. Only those who know about, or rather know how to use it, can tell you this. I bet all you guys don't even know what PIDs are, and how feeable and frail your "legal" Pokemon are.

Besides, GTS cloning is not that reliable, you need to know the server speed and turn off your DS at EXACTLY the right time to do it.

Clear said:
FireMeowth said:

No it isn't.
No one would trade their precious 30/X/30/30/30/29 Modest Dialga if it wasn't for cloning. Data is data, it can always be manipulated to replicate itself. The only question is how to do it.

Almost all competitive Pokemon D/P websites out there, such as Smogon and Marriland allows cloning. Because as I said, people will not trade unless they can clone.

Let me tell you this, you can have anything and have it hack checked left and right, and it will have no difference than the original. Only those who know about, or rather know how to use it, can tell you this. I bet all you guys don't even know what PIDs are, and how feeable and frail your "legal" Pokemon are.

Besides, GTS cloning is not that reliable, you need to know the server speed and turn off your DS at EXACTLY the right time to do it.

What is the fun in playing the game if you're not playing it how it's supposed to be played?

Clear said:
feeable and frail your "legal" Pokemon are.
That proves you need some device or way to become truly great, You can't get to that level on your own.

(Randy) said:
FireMeowth said:
(Randy) said:
It's not cheating at all.
I don't want to start a flame war.
yes they are errors , but everything has errors.
You aren't breaking any game rules by using glitches.
Using Glitches is way different than hacking.

I agree with FireMeowth here. Glitches are far from legitamate. If the creators of the game didn't intend for it to exist, it certainly is not legit on any level and is not something that should not be taken advantage of. Cloning glitches definately break the 'game rules', you can't possibly tell me that cloning was 100% intended by Game Freak and meant to be used. /facepalm

And yes, it is a lot like hacking in that, they're both things you shouldn't do.

The Emerald clone glitch is too useful, risk-free and perfect, I can't help but to think that one of the game freak employees put it in on purpose.

Anyhow, I'm neutral on this because I don't get why people want a 100% legal game, the official Pokémon tournaments are terrible anyway.

I also won't ever get the shaymin or gigas event here because for some reason Belgium, unlike all of its neighbours, has no Toys R us.

The Game is dead, we are the ones controlling it. Nintendo? Ha! They can't even detect its way out of a paper bag, let alone a caught Pokemon that does not match their PIDs/IV combination.

Nintendo banned Phione in Battle Tower, that shows them the intelligence that they have in their own game. (sarcasm) They ban something stupid like that and let Wobbuffet loose with the most broken ability that sets up for a sweep.

Leveling up to Level 100 is just pure grinding, take a Lucky Egg (it's easy to get anyways), and grind with the E4 for 20 hours. EVs, IVs, movesets and prediction means much more.

For most of us, in terms of battling, if the Pokemon is in their legal parameters of 510 EVs, legal movesets, no 999 stat hacks, we don't care. Trading however, is another story.

To go back to the glitch thing I always use glitches because they're fun and it's not cheating if you are taking advantage of an unforseen glitch. It isn't cheating it is making the best of a situation for your own personal advantage. Besides my parents are always telling me to make the best out of a bad situation. I am in a bad situation with a glitch in my game and I am now making the best out of it by cloning my pokes. It is not cheating if you didn't put the code into the game. But using a device is cheating because you are putting the code into the game.

Back