(1) Regigigas and Shaymin Toys R Us Event Information [1/25]

Clear said:
The Game is dead, we are the ones controlling it. Nintendo? Ha! They can't even detect its way out of a paper bag, let alone a caught Pokemon that does not match their PIDs/IV combination.

Nintendo banned Phione in Battle Tower, that shows them the intelligence that they have in their own game. (sarcasm) They ban something stupid like that and let Wobbuffet loose with the most broken ability that sets up for a sweep.

Nintendo, Nintendo, Nintendo..

First of all, it's Game Freak and The Pokemon Company that are responsible for all the decisions made with the franchise, not Nintendo.

And you honestly think that they aren't aware of what can be done with their own game? That's rather naive. If you'd look beyond the end of your nose you'd realize that things can be banned for reasons other than just gameplay.

The obvious reason as to why Phione is banned is uniformity and for lore reasons. Wobboffet on the other hand is clearly un-banned because it is not legendary and is a common Pokemon. It's not seen in the same light in Pokemon lore as it is in competitive battling.

Okay then, fine.

Do you know why is Wobbuffet broken? Cause if you can't even answer that properly, then you know jack about this game.

Would it really matter whether or not I knew why Wobbuffet is banned? All I gave was a logical reason as to why it is not banned in the Battle Tower. =/

But for the record, it’s incredibly obvious that Wobbuffet is just plain broken. It’s an extremely imbalanced Pokemon and anyone can see this.
To put things simply, Wobbuffet has rediculously high HP, Shadow Tag prevents switching other than from things like Baton Pass or Shed Shell, and with moves like Mirror Coat, Counter, Safeguard and Encore in it’s typical arsenal it’s a beast, and one with with virtually no counter at that. It's very easy to see why he’s broken.

But I’m done, the thread has been going off-topic for a while.

Huh.

Half and Half, you forgot to mention the most gamebreaking part, it can encore at something like a Calm Mind (anything is fine, just not offensive, if it is status, use safeguard after encore), then switch to something like a Gluttony Linnone w/ Salac, Belly Drum on the turn the Pokemon switches since it's still under Encore.

Now you have a +6 Atk and +1 Spd Linnone, capable of tearing pass anything that does not resist its Extremespeed/Return. Only variable option is a Skarmory with Whirlwind to phaze it out. Or a CB Aggron's EQ when Linoone is underground.

But that's the whole point, if Gamefreak knows nothing about the game, how can they make the rules? It's a good thing they only do Doubles tourneys, otherwise, it would be as dumb as battle tower.

So what exactly is "the way to play the game"?

Damn, in the TCG Rulebook, they say an average deck should 20-26 Energies in it. Can you? Sure, but that does not make it a good idea. The game is ours, the players play it the way they want it to.

Think of cloning Pokemon as... getting your cards, you can't win with great cards in the TCG, without good cards, you cannot learn. The only to get great Pokemon is either grind hours upon hours to get the good parent for breeding... or cloning to shorten the process and get the parent that is needed easier.

Cloning is win-win, both sides get what they want. It doesn't matter how the game should be played, it is how the players want it to be played. And I'm sorry, but everyone in competitive D/P has no beef with it.

very off subject i see. anyway so have they set a date for the release of the regi? i know on feb 8th at the tru in my area is the shay master lol but i havnt heard a real date on the gigy

deadmanwalking21 said:
very off subject I see. anyway so have they set a date for the release of the regi? I know on feb 8th at the tru in my area is the shay master lol but I haven't heard a real date on the gigy

Regigigas is availible from March 8th to the 21st.

You seriously had time to ask that question yet not enough time to read the second paragraph of the update? o_O

What are the requirments for getting Shaymin and How do I unlock the mystery gift??
Plus, could I transfer Shaymin to My Pokemon Ranch or do I have to wait until they come out with the Platinum Ranch updates come out for US?

Chazz9:
1. http://www.pokemon.com/
2. There's a man on the second floor of the Jubilife TV Station that asks your opinion on.. something. You must tell him "EVERYONE HAPPY" and "W-iFi CONNECTION".
3. Of course you can transfer Shaymin. The Sky Forme can't be added before the Platinum Ranch updates, but the Land Forme is already in it's coding, I guess.

Thanks,
What would happen if I were to delete one of my wonder cards? Would the pokemon I recieved with it be deleted??

Two Events announced within a couple days of each other? This is madness. (Better luck next time, Sparta). They're extending this download to two weeks too. -0- I like Regigigas coming at Lv.100. Lv.70 just doesn't work for me. Hmm, never heard of the Micle Berry...I knew they would have to release Regigigas eventually though to unlock the other Regis in Platinum. Lol Spoiler Alert.

dmaster out.

FireMeowth said:
Chazz9:
1. http://www.pokemon.com/
2. There's a man on the second floor of the Jubilife TV Station that asks your opinion on.. something. You must tell him "EVERYONE HAPPY" and "W-iFi CONNECTION".
3. Of course you can transfer Shaymin. The Sky Forme can't be added before the Platinum Ranch updates, but the Land Forme is already in it's coding, I guess.

This actually isn't even neccesary. When you start up your game in the store, your game will tell you there is a Mystery Gift availible for download and unlock the Mystery Gift option automatically.

That's interesting. I was looking forward to some new events. I'll try to attend that one; I defenitely would like a legit Shaymin. And the Regigigas one looks cool as well but that one involves Platnium. That will be exciting to do once I get the game. and go to the event with it. Wow, the entire release of the game plus these events is so exciting. :p

Chazz9 said:
Thanks,
What would happen if I were to delete one of my wonder cards? Would the pokemon I recieved with it be deleted?

No, the Pokémon won't be deleted if you delete the Wonder Card. In fact, if you have two Wonder Cards on your game, you'll need to delete one (or both) to get any new events.

looks like i have to use the Shaymin code because i don't live in illions anymore i moved to texas in san angelo and there toys R us move out of the city so i have to use the code as for Regigigas i'll wait t'ill the game comes out

dark vaporeon said:
looks like I have to use the Shaymin code because I don't live in illions anymore I moved to texas in san angelo and there toys R us move out of the city so I have to use the code as for Regigigas I'll wait t'ill the game comes out

There's no absolutely no reason to resort to hacking, especially not this early. Shortly after Platinum is released in the US, we should be recieveing the 'Oak's Letter' Wi-Fi event to capture Shaymin as soon as the Darkrai event is finished.

Back