(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

papakankri said:
The embargo on the information ends on the 4th, yea.
I've also heard that the only thing people with review copies can't leak come the 4th is details on the final evolutions of the starters.

Edit: Also, looking at the leaker with the Greninja and Hawlucha. I'm seriously feeling that Hawlucha's "varying color scheme" is just the issue with some bad lighting, but who knows. What I'm really wondering is why a level 63 bird that doesn't look like it's evolved has 192 HP. It seems kinda high. Although I'm probably just going crazy here.

Call me crazy but Hawlucha looks like a single Pokemon with no evolutions to me. It's just kinda one of those feelings. It's hard to see it evolve into anything.

garbodorable said:
FroakieCroakie said:
Greninja, though, has lost the most major signs of connection with its evolutionary line; the bubbles were clearly a prominent trait on both Froakie and Frogadier, as were the white spots on their nose, not to mention the round-shaped face. It is highly unlikely Frogadier's round face would suddenly transform into an extremely edgy one, which, to be honest, doesn't fit with the roundness of the rest of Greninja's body. It is also highly unlikely they would get rid of the frogs' characteristic "pop-out" eyes in favor of flatter, pointer shapes that reassemble ears more than anything that can be related to frogs.

Who knows, it could actually be real; I'm just throwing my two cents about it.

Wha... you think Greninja differs more than Samurott, who not only goes from bipedal to quadrupedal, but becomes an entirely different animal? And grows facial hair? And sees two little shells become a giant conch helmet on its head, as well as shell-sword sheaths on its arms??? I'm sorry, there's no topping that amount of differences. Frogadier and Greninja are both frogs, similar in construction and posture. Their hands and feet, for instance, are virtually identical. Their limbs are identical but for Greninja's Popeye situation.

frogadier.jpg
greninja.jpg

If it weren't for the tongue I'd say that was a safe and predictable evolution. Frogadier is obviously more angular than Froakie, and Greninja is more angular still. Frogadier does not have a round face, and in fact the spikey "ears" of Greninja are already present in its design, just closer to the front of its head. As for the bubbles, I could easily say the "theme" of Froakie and Frogadier is "frogs with scarves", and Greninja follows that exactly.

It doesn't make Greninja any more real, but the argument that it differs too wildly compared to previous final evos doesn't hold up, like at all

While I completely agree that the differences in Greninja aren't like Dewott>Samurott, and that it COULD fit in as an evolution, I still don't like it. It "looking too different" was never really one of my reasons for my distaste in it. I know all too well by now that Pokemon can have some drastic changes in evolution. But the fact is, it still has what seems like a tongue scarf, it has that "mechanical" look which is why I didn't care too much for gens 3 and 4, and It just has a lot of awkward oddities on it that may or may not look better if there was some official art...

You don't get any more mechanical than shell cannons and I don't see anything like that on Greninja. Just sayin' :p

Zielo said:
papakankri said:
The embargo on the information ends on the 4th, yea.
I've also heard that the only thing people with review copies can't leak come the 4th is details on the final evolutions of the starters.

Edit: Also, looking at the leaker with the Greninja and Hawlucha. I'm seriously feeling that Hawlucha's "varying color scheme" is just the issue with some bad lighting, but who knows. What I'm really wondering is why a level 63 bird that doesn't look like it's evolved has 192 HP. It seems kinda high. Although I'm probably just going crazy here.

Call me crazy but Hawlucha looks like a single Pokemon with no evolutions to me. It's just kinda one of those feelings. It's hard to see it evolve into anything.

garbodorable said:
Wha... you think Greninja differs more than Samurott, who not only goes from bipedal to quadrupedal, but becomes an entirely different animal? And grows facial hair? And sees two little shells become a giant conch helmet on its head, as well as shell-sword sheaths on its arms??? I'm sorry, there's no topping that amount of differences. Frogadier and Greninja are both frogs, similar in construction and posture. Their hands and feet, for instance, are virtually identical. Their limbs are identical but for Greninja's Popeye situation.

frogadier.jpg
greninja.jpg

If it weren't for the tongue I'd say that was a safe and predictable evolution. Frogadier is obviously more angular than Froakie, and Greninja is more angular still. Frogadier does not have a round face, and in fact the spikey "ears" of Greninja are already present in its design, just closer to the front of its head. As for the bubbles, I could easily say the "theme" of Froakie and Frogadier is "frogs with scarves", and Greninja follows that exactly.

It doesn't make Greninja any more real, but the argument that it differs too wildly compared to previous final evos doesn't hold up, like at all

While I completely agree that the differences in Greninja aren't like Dewott>Samurott, and that it COULD fit in as an evolution, I still don't like it. It "looking too different" was never really one of my reasons for my distaste in it. I know all too well by now that Pokemon can have some drastic changes in evolution. But the fact is, it still has what seems like a tongue scarf, it has that "mechanical" look which is why I didn't care too much for gens 3 and 4, and It just has a lot of awkward oddities on it that may or may not look better if there was some official art...

Oh my God... I just realized how similar they look. That's not good. That's not good at all.

That better not be legit cause that would mean that clauncher doesnt evolve. Surely him and skrelp have evolutions being small version exclusive water pokemon

Ririka said:
We are supposed to learn from the past experience aren't we?

Learning from the Wottergate incident years before, we can assume safely that to prove some leaks as fake, you have to prove it by tracing it to the source, not by comparing the concept/design/art to it's previous evolution, since it's can be easily debunked. (Seriously, if you know how mad the fan during the Wottergate incident, accusing the now confirmed BW starter evolution as a rip-off of Milotic, Dialga, and Rhyperior :facepalm:)

By that, until now, i haven't seen an actual source of Greninja shows up giving up some proof of it's fakeness (as in their drawing process etc), the one on the 4chan doesn't count as a fake since they don't give the legitimate proof of it being a fake(oh the irony). If someone come up and showing their process of creating Greninja, like how the talented DA artist prove to be the creator of the rumored Gallantoad, by then we can assume that the pokemon is a fake.

Art/design comparation never makes sense when it comes to starter, as much as you want to point that out.

I may have slipped up somewhere and said the wrong thing amidst the discussion, but I was never arguing over whether Greninja was fake or not. I said I was hoping it was fake, which is different than thinking it's fake, and the only reason I brought up the fact it didn't resemble its prevolutions was to explain why I disliked it, not why I thought it was legitimate or not.

I do agree with what you said.

I can't see all the hate towards the design of Greninja. Honestly, I hated Froakie's design the moment I saw it. I sat there and thought, "This thing has to get much better by final form or else I'm going to be stuck with some doofy starter" (Note: My friends and I all picked our starters before any art was released. I got water.)

Lo and behold, it did indeed get much cooler. This is something that I would love to throw into battle and just wreck face with. I fear more for the Fenekin line now.

garbodorable said:
FroakieCroakie said:
Greninja, though, has lost the most major signs of connection with its evolutionary line; the bubbles were clearly a prominent trait on both Froakie and Frogadier, as were the white spots on their nose, not to mention the round-shaped face. It is highly unlikely Frogadier's round face would suddenly transform into an extremely edgy one, which, to be honest, doesn't fit with the roundness of the rest of Greninja's body. It is also highly unlikely they would get rid of the frogs' characteristic "pop-out" eyes in favor of flatter, pointer shapes that reassemble ears more than anything that can be related to frogs.

Who knows, it could actually be real; I'm just throwing my two cents about it.

frogadier.jpg
greninja.jpg

Ugh I'm just gonna have to learn to live with him aren't I lol. That makes so much sense I really do think that might be real.

hever said:
ANOTHER LEAKKK!!!

It's seems kinda odd that the Wivixen looks so blurry, but it's life bar doesn't. That just looks a little too fake to me...

Not to mention, as stated above, that the Clauncher looks oddly like the one for the trailer where its battling Skrelp...

Jakeremix said:
Zielo said:

Oh my God... I just realized how similar they look. That's not good. That's not good at all.

I, for one, welcome our new ninja frog overlords.

Seriously though, for the Greninja picture, the more I look at it, the more it seems real. And that design is amazing, imo.
Also, I want both Froakie and Squirtle, but don't want type redundancy. Probably depends on Greninja's second typing. But I would be REALLY disappointed if Greninja isn't Frogadier's evolution.

AadmM said:
You don't get any more mechanical than shell cannons and I don't see anything like that on Greninja. Just sayin' :p

Not mechanical as in literally mechanical and made of metal. Mechanical, as in... lots of straight edges, lines, and angular. This would only not apply to all non-Steel types and some Ice, Rock, and Ground type Pokemon for obvious reasons.
Some examples would be:
Masquerain, Garchomp, Haxorus, nearly all of the Hoenn legendaries, and Arceus, Palkia, and Giratina are EXTREMELY mechanical, spare Dialga which is actually part Steel.
There are a lot of weird angles and straight edges on Greninja, particularly the head.

Zielo said:
AadmM said:

Not mechanical as in literally mechanical and made of metal. Mechanical, as in... lots of straight edges, lines, and angular. This would only not apply to all non-Steel types and some Ice, Rock, and Ground type Pokemon for obvious reasons.
Some examples would be:
Masquerain, Garchomp, Haxorus, nearly all of the Hoenn legendaries, and Arceus, Palkia, and Giratina are EXTREMELY mechanical, spare Dialga which is actually part Steel.
There are a lot of weird angles and straight edges on Greninja, particularly the head.
Basically if it were a real animal, you can't see nature doing something like that. It usually prefers curved edges so when there's a lot of points and sharp edges it makes it seem artificial. Of course these aren't real lol, but it still sort of applies.

Hasn't anyone else noticed that Greninja is the only evolution we've seen? Frezgle and I were talking about this on skype and I think it's silly that no one, and I mean no one, has bothered posting either

1) more pictures of Greninja to confirm its authenticity (and people saying stuff like "yeah it's real guys" doesn't count)
2) pictures of the other stage two evolutions (because let's face it, everyone wants to see them)

makes me think that Greninja is just a well-done fake.

If Greninja were real, someone else--just one guy on the entirety of the internet--would confirm it for us with a different picture. The fact that no one has come forward with proof that it's real makes me think it's fake. Personally, I kinda like it, but as a faker myself I know that you gotta take these things with an enormous grain of salt.

PMJ said:
Hasn't anyone else noticed that Greninja is the only evolution we've seen? Frezgle and I were talking about this on skype and I think it's silly that no one, and I mean no one, has bothered posting either

1) more pictures of Greninja to confirm its authenticity (and people saying stuff like "yeah it's real guys" doesn't count)
2) pictures of the other stage two evolutions (because let's face it, everyone wants to see them)

makes me think that Greninja is just a well-done fake.

If Greninja were real, someone else--just one guy on the entirety of the internet--would confirm it for us with a different picture. The fact that no one has come forward with proof that it's real makes me think it's fake. Personally, I kinda like it, but as a faker myself I know that you gotta take these things with an enormous grain of salt.

People think the proof came with it being paired with the pic of Hawlucha, who was then showed in another picture by a different person. Since more than once source had Hawlucha, they figured he was confirmed. So then they made the assumption that if the first guy showed one real, why would he show one fake?

Because they're the only Pokemon that have been revealed. Obviously, assuming they're real, neither of these people care about the NDA, so they have no reason not to go all the way and just start leaking pokes left and right or, at the very least, show us a different picture of the one showed.

PMJ said:
Because they're the only Pokemon that have been revealed. Obviously, assuming they're real, neither of these people care about the NDA, so they have no reason not to go all the way and just start leaking pokes left and right or, at the very least, show us a different picture of the one showed.

Such is the problem with leakers. Either they are legit but don't leak enough, or they're fake and leak way too much. But everyone thinks it should be the opposite so they're often confused and no one can really tell at this point lol.

Well, no one is disputing Hawlucha's legitimacy. That's why if more pictures of Greninja were posted, people would be more willing to accept it as fact (after their rectums heal, of course).

PMJ said:
Well, no one is disputing Hawlucha's legitimacy. That's why if more pictures of Greninja were posted, people would be more willing to accept it as fact (after their rectums heal, of course).

Maybe the leakers really love to see people's suffering, lol, butthurting here and there hoping it's fake or real. :p

And maybe they'll open their kitchen after the 4th October? (Supposedly the embargo ended that day)

PMJ said:

It loosely works off the transitive property.
If one photo is true because another photo of the same thing showed up, then the photo the first one was released with must be true as well (most people's thinking. Not mine).

Back