(1) Slightly Clearer Scan of Monkey Screenshot with Hiyappu [9/4]

i like those pokemon overall. i just hope they evolve and dont look the same as eachother as they do now...

It's said in japanese forum that the name of Baoppu derives from ”Baobab”, and Hiyappu derives from ”Hyacinth”, so these 2 monkeys may also be plant pokemons as well as Yanapp.

I'd rather hope that they don't evolve, simply because I don't feel there will be any major differences aesthetically if they did. Also, if they didn't evolve, no wasted space for other pokes. >.>

If they didn't evolve they would be useless to a lot of people.

Baoppu has a name similar to the Baobab tree. The Baobab tree can withstand extremely hot temperatures (it is in Africa) and its still able to hold in liters upon liters of water. It also has an extremely nutritional fruit growing on it called "Monkey Bread".

Yanappu is from Yanagi, meaning Willow.

Hiyappu has a name similar to the Hyacinth plant. Hyacinths are known for being able to survive in cold climates and Hiya could be the word in japanese that adds a frost effect.

So maybe the blue monkey is ice type? Its top looks like a mountain, moncoli a tree/brocoli, and the red one a volcano.
They had better evolve or else theyll be a waste. Heres to a ice type yeti!
Go moncoli, frosty and burnkey

i never knew that. but i think that the first gym could have a twist to it now. if all of the monkeys names come from plants, maybe they are all plant types or dual types.

Back