(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Godot said:
DorianBlack said:
Nah, the sell-by date on Target preorder cards is always one week before a game's release date, and the 24th is one week before the last day of October, so it still leaves the whole month open. I imagine once the release date is announced, any additional cards they print up will be changed to reflect that.

Nintendo generally releases their main title Pokemon games on the first Sunday of the month that they are scheduled (in the US); and Nintendo World (NY) hosts a big pre-release party the day before, saturday. Using that information, I would say that the 6th might be the release date. The following week has Columbus day on Monday making that not the most practical weekend to have a release, and after that it might be a bit too late in the month.

I'm calling it now, Pokemon X/Y will be released on 10/6/13

idk, those are my $0.02

Trainerhan1 said:
For the love of God it's Pidgey. I posted a huge Pic of it in another thread but I don't feel like digging around for it.

EDIT: I found it. Prepare to zoom out.
brrs3jX.jpg

Can't we just say it's Sylveon or another new Pokemon? No matter how many sprites you put up to it, none will match because you'll be comparing them to Gen VI sprites which definitely will vary, even if just a bit, to the ones we have now.

The super zoomed in one definitely looks like Syvleon to me. That gets my vote

I have one of every species in my boxes in White2; they better not make them non-migratable. I have Pokemon from all the way back in Sapphire that have been dying for the 3D treatment.

HawkityHawk said:
I like how people are easily fooled by stuff that is said about this pokemon game that isn't even coming out until 6 ish months from now

I am just going to say that I don't believe the guy that WPM talks to, it's hard to believe that stuff he says even if he got the English names right and one electric type move right.
It doesn't say much.
My opinion

You're way off. The "insider source", as WPM calls them, has already been confirmed to have some credibility.

One or two correct English names would be impressive by themselves.

FOUR correct English names AND a new move confirms that the source has some "inside" information.

Missingno. Master said:
I just want to know one thing... will we be able to transfer from Generation V to X/Y? I hate the thought of not being able to transfer all my old Pokémon into Y.

I'm sure they've learned their lesson from Generation 3. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

DorianBlack said:
Honestly, I hope they do make an impassable barrier and start fresh. It would give them less excuse to leave out older Pokémon that haven't been obtainable in the most recent games in years, especially legendaries and previous starters.

But it's not fair to us who have spent 3 generations completing the pokedex. I finished the pokedex a couple of months ago. I would be upset if all that time and effort was in vain, but on the off chance that x and y aren't backwards compatible, I'm willing to start from scratch.

jtauro92 said:
Missingno. Master said:
I just want to know one thing... will we be able to transfer from Generation V to X/Y? I hate the thought of not being able to transfer all my old Pokémon into Y.

I'm sure they've learned their lesson from Generation 3. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

DorianBlack said:
Honestly, I hope they do make an impassable barrier and start fresh. It would give them less excuse to leave out older Pokémon that haven't been obtainable in the most recent games in years, especially legendaries and previous starters.

But it's not fair to us who have spent 3 generations completing the pokedex. I finished the pokedex a couple of months ago. I would be upset if all that time and effort was in vain, but on the off chance that x and y aren't backwards compatible, I'm willing to start from scratch.

People still complete the Pokedex? I prefer playing the game in a way which is challenging and fun, not tedious. It seems WPM is waiting until something substantial is revealed before revealing any more. Pokemon Smash is likely to be another re-reveal but we could get Sylveon's official type so there's that.

It is 100% Pidgey.
Its EXACTLY THE SAME SPRITE.

Its not as bad as suggesting Tornadus-therian forme, but Growlithe has no business on that spot either!

Chespin-x-x
Fennekin-x-x
Froakie-x-x
x-x (my guess is Patrat)
Zigzagoon-Linoone
Fletchling-x-x
Pidgey-x-x

After Fletchling, another bird is perfectly expected, while another rodent is out of place, as the early pokemon tend to be grouped together when there is more of them (the normal/dark mammals, birds, bugs), and Zigzagoon is before Fletchling, so if there was a new rodent it would 100% take the 2 spots between Froakie and Zigzagoon.

Alix Rooker said:
I can't believe I read through 12 pages just to get caught up.
In my opinion, the Pokemon everybody is talking about is either Pidgey, or a new Pokemon.
I looked at the Pidgey sprite to make sure, and while it resembles it, there are some differences.
It may even be the new rodent Pokemon.
Who knows?
We will know when a site releases the full contents of the Pokedex.

The only differences are in colors, which are perfectly expected with this kind of picture.

I doubt there is even going to be a new rodent pokemon due to Zigzagoon and Patrat being found in the region already. But if there is one (why make a sixth when the birds/bugs have been left out every now and then or older ones used instead?) it will be on #10 and #11.

Mitja said:
It is 100% Pidgey.

Its not as bad as suggesting Tornadus-therian forme, but Growlithe has no business on that spot either!

Chespin-x-x
Fennekin-x-x
Froakie-x-x
x-x (my guess is Patrat)
Zigzagoon-Linoone
Fletchling-x-x
Pidgey-x-x

After Fletchling, another bird is perfectly expected, while another rodent is out of place, as the early pokemon tend to be grouped together when there is more of them (the normal/dark mammals, birds, bugs), and Zigzagoon is before Fletchling, so if there was a new rodent it would 100% take the 2 spots between Froakie and Zigzagoon.

I politely disagree about it being Pidgey. It doesn't make sense to have an old normal/flying evolution tree in the regional dex when they're introducing a completely new one. They serve the same purpose, so having them in the same dex (and so close to each other) makes no sense. The only time they've brought back Pidgey for the regional dex is Gen II.
Anyway, thats my 2 cents. :D

Fire said:
Mitja said:
It is 100% Pidgey.

Chespin-x-x
Fennekin-x-x
Froakie-x-x
x-x (my guess is Patrat)
Zigzagoon-Linoone
Fletchling-x-x
Pidgey-x-x

I politely disagree about it being Pidgey. It doesn't make sense to have an old normal/flying evolution tree in the regional dex when they're introducing a completely new one. They serve the same purpose, so having them in the same dex (and so close to each other) makes no sense. The only time they've brought back Pidgey for the regional dex is Gen II.

maybe its there because fletchling will turn a non normal/flying type

Fire said:
Mitja said:
It is 100% Pidgey.

Chespin-x-x
Fennekin-x-x
Froakie-x-x
x-x (my guess is Patrat)
Zigzagoon-Linoone
Fletchling-x-x
Pidgey-x-x

im just going to throw my two cents in and say that mabey fletchlings type will change after it hits its second/third forme after all i dont think any normal flying pokemon has learned a elemental attack naturaly
*edit- ninja'ed

Mitja said:
It is 100% Pidgey.

It is not exactly the same sprite, there are some differences. As of now, Pidgey is still the best choice, although I am not fully convinced. All the Pokémon get new icons, so comparing them is pointless as well.

Fire said:
Mitja said:
It is 100% Pidgey.

Chespin-x-x
Fennekin-x-x
Froakie-x-x
x-x (my guess is Patrat)
Zigzagoon-Linoone
Fletchling-x-x
Pidgey-x-x

Jotho is a prime example (and very comparable for relying on tons of old pokemon to fill its dex, since we already now at this moment of mroe than 50 old pokemon in it)
-Sentret and Rattata
-Pidgey, Spearow, Hoothoot
-Caterpie, Weedle, Ledyba, Spinarak

And thats without knowing whether Fletchling will turn Fire, which would be more comparable to Hoenns early birds Taillow and Wingull.

And we haven't seen Pidgey in a regional dex since gen II.

Kalos is going to be a huge region.

Mitja said:
Fire said:

Jotho is a prime example (and very comparable for relying on tons of old pokemon to fill its dex, since we already now at this moment of mroe than 50 old pokemon in it)
-Sentret and Rattata

And thats without knowing whether Fletchling will turn Fire, which would be more comparable to Hoenns early birds Taillow and Wingull.

What I'm hoping for is the mention of three different areas where you can catch Pokemon means that there is a HUGE variety of Pokemon that can appear in the wild in any one given place. That would be a godsend compared to the stifling lack of choice in the earlier Black/White routes.

I wish WPM wasn't so scared of losing credability, why not just post the info he has and say "there is absolutely no guarantee that any of this is accurate at all and take these only as rumours."

moonlightning said:
What I'm hoping for is the mention of three different areas where you can catch Pokemon means that there is a HUGE variety of Pokemon that can appear in the wild in any one given place. That would be a godsend compared to the stifling lack of choice in the earlier Black/White routes.

I wish WPM wasn't so scared of losing credability, why not just post the info he has and say "there is absolutely no guarantee that any of this is accurate at all and take these only as rumours."

My guess from all the info we have so far would be this;

Central ~100 (~33 new)
Coastal ~100 (~33 new)
Mountain ~100 (~33 new)
-------------------------------------
Kalos-dex ~300 (~100 new)

30% (~60) of the old would be fan-service stuff (Dratini, Eevee, Pikachu etc)
15% (~30) of the old because of new stages
55% (~110) of the old to fill common roles (Zigzagoon, Magikarp etc) and because they fit some theme (Golett at megalithic place for example?)

That way gen 6 has more room to focus on adding exotic/special/rare pokemon like gen 2 and 4 did, since it doesnt have to reinvent all the casual things, just a handful to make it feel more fresh.

moonlightning said:
Mitja said:
-Sentret and Rattata

That's what I was thinking. He isn't the source and doesn't know it to be true himself anyway. We're all pretty certain though because of the English names being right, yeah. But he could just release it all as rumours that he has been sent.

If the Kanto Starter rumor is true, I hope they have their hidden abilities. I'd love to get my grubby hands on a Chlorophyll Venusaur.

Still wondering if "Fairy" has any resistances besides a Dragon immunity.

Dual-typed moves is the only thing that still smells really fishy to me. I'm just confused how it would work. Could you potentially get Double STAB? Could a Pokemon potentially have an 8x weakness to a single move? Unless these moves have low base power it sounds pretty OP. I'm hoping by "dual-typed moves" it means more moves like Hidden Power, Techno Blast, Weather Ball, Judgment etc. which change type under certain circumstances but I feel like that wouldn't be very substantial information to release. :\

The graphic for labeling types has changed for the first time since the third generation, as we can see in screenshots on the official site, which could have been done because they had to put new things there, like a new type or 2 types at once.

ytsejam214 said:
Dual-typed moves is the only thing that still smells really fishy to me.
I agree that this is one of the more tricky areas.
For all we know it could be something gimmicky, like the combination moves in triple battles. Or even dual attacks might be unique to a certain gimmick Pokémon. Perhaps a kind of Ditto/Castform/Zoroark of the 6th gen.
I suppose one possibility is Xerneas, just look at those multi-coloured antlers.
This is all just speculation of mine of course.

Mitja said:
It is 100% Pidgey.

Chespin-x-x
Fennekin-x-x
Froakie-x-x
x-x (my guess is Patrat)
Zigzagoon-Linoone
Fletchling-x-x
Pidgey-x-x

Alix Rooker said:
I can't believe I read through 12 pages just to get caught up.
In my opinion, the Pokemon everybody is talking about is either Pidgey, or a new Pokemon.
I looked at the Pidgey sprite to make sure, and while it resembles it, there are some differences.
It may even be the new rodent Pokemon.
Who knows?
We will know when a site releases the full contents of the Pokedex.

The only differences are in colors, which are perfectly expected with this kind of picture.

I doubt there is even going to be a new rodent pokemon due to Zigzagoon and Patrat being found in the region already. But if there is one (why make a sixth when the birds/bugs have been left out every now and then or older ones used instead?) it will be on #10 and #11.
How many votes for Mothim?
414.png

ytsejam214 said:
The graphic for labeling types has changed for the first time since the third generation, as we can see in screenshots on the official site, which could have been done because they had to put new things there, like a new type or 2 types at once.

???

The type icons have been changing all the time, including gen 5, where it went from
FightingIC.gif
to
FightingIC_Big.png
even though the game was still on the same hardware...its only logical that they would make new ones when moving to a new handheld that is drastically different.

Mitja said:
ytsejam214 said:

???

The type icons have been changing all the time, including gen 5, where it went from
FightingIC.gif
to
FightingIC_Big.png
even though the game was still on the same hardware...its only logical that they would make new ones when moving to the next handheld.

Oh my, you're right. Just double-checked by comparing my LeafGreen to my White... wow, I have no idea how I missed that.

ytsejam214 said:
Mitja said:
???

FightingIC.gif
to
FightingIC_Big.png
even though the game was still on the same hardware...its only logical that they would make new ones when moving to the next handheld.

Oh my, you're right. Just double-checked by comparing my LeafGreen to my White... wow, I have no idea how I missed that.

I wasnt fond of the BW icons at all... they look so dead. And are 2 colored instead of each type having its own hue to represent them. <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back