(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not sharing any more. Why would you want the whole game spoiled anyway? TPCi wouldn't appreciate it either.

How much adorable is this guy?
may_supp_p3_3_it.jpg

Yes, i'm italian. It says "Ah, a wild Fletchling appeared!"

Hey, new guy here =P
Well, I have a theory but I truly hope I'm wrong...

On the official website, under Characters, you can read the following:
Here is your look if you play as a girl. Note the difference in the color of the sunglasses!

The girl's sunglasses are white (X Cover + Chromosome X) while the boy's are black (Y Cover + Chromosome Y).
Will it mean that we are only going to be able to choose her in X and vice-versa?! It doesn't make much sense and I hope they won't do that but at this point I don't even know what to think anymore. o_O

"At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer!"

Gamefreak.....shut up and take my money.

Drokas said:
Hey, new guy here =P
Well, I have a theory but I truly hope I'm wrong...

On the official website, under Characters, you can read the following:
Here is your look if you play as a girl. Note the difference in the color of the sunglasses!

The girl's sunglasses are white (X Cover + Chromosome X) while the boy's are black (Y Cover + Chromosome Y).
Will it mean that we are only going to be able to choose her in X and vice-versa?! It doesn't make much sense and I hope they won't do that but at this point I don't even know what to think anymore. o_O
LOLOLOL

No.
Before your adventure begins, you will first select whether you want to play as a male or female hero. Your adventure will be largely the same no matter what your choice.

Teal said:
LOLOLOL
No.
Before your adventure begins, you will first select whether you want to play as a male or female hero. Your adventure will be largely the same no matter what your choice.

Oh yeah, I just woke up so I (somehow) missed that. xD
I wonder why they'd put that though since she is always seen with white sunglasses... It probably has something to do with customization ("At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer!") but still... maybe they'll update the pics later on.
Anyway, thanks for your reply, even though it felt quite dry/cold. ;)

I for one am very glad that WPM will not be leaking any more information. I appreciate that he has leaked some already because that was only a rumor at the time. Now that we know his source is the real deal, I dont want to hear any more unless its officially released (or leaked a few days ahead of time). I think we can all stop asking for more information. He has already risked his credibility (according to some) by leaking anything. We need to be thankful and not be spoiled by asking for more.

On another note, THANKS FOR POSTING THESE RUMORS DURING EXAM WEEK. Gaaah....

What I'm hoping for:
-Charizard gets a great new ability (such as getting rid of entry hazards on the switch-in) and rises to OU due to its ability and Fairy resistance

What'll actually happen:
-HEATRAN will get some use as a Fairy counter
-Charizard will be nigh-unusable because of players' tendency to stack both Stealth Rock and Rose Thorns
-Hydreigon will fall to NU because of 4x Fairy weakness and join Charizard
-Suspect tests for a cute, pink Gen VI Fairy-type

evilpacman said:
I for one am very glad that WPM will not be leaking any more information. I appreciate that he has leaked some already because that was only a rumor at the time. Now that we know his source is the real deal, I dont want to hear any more unless its officially released (or leaked a few days ahead of time). I think we can all stop asking for more information. He has already risked his credibility (according to some) by leaking anything. We need to be thankful and not be spoiled by asking for more.

On another note, THANKS FOR POSTING THESE RUMORS DURING EXAM WEEK. Gaaah....

Where did he say he wasn't going to release the rest of his information? On his front page news post, it said that if the names were confirmed, he would post all of his info.

Water Pokemon Master , please leak all the info that you have . I can't wait XD
for people who don't want to spoiler just don't read . It's very simple .

yammark said:

I agree, just put a spoiler tag for the ones who don't want the info. I for one WANT to be spoiled.

yammark said:

No, it's not that simple. I can avoid reading a front page story just fine, and I can avoid the related forum topic, but that information is going to go everywhere not long after those get posted. Other topics, other sites, etc. It's much harder to pre-emptively not read a Tumblr post about it when I'm just scrolling through my dash and reading whatever comes up, as just one example.

Plus, as someone else has mentioned, TCPi would likely catch wind of it and would not be happy.

frezgle said:
yammark said:

No, it's not that simple. I can avoid reading a front page story just fine, and I can avoid the related forum topic, but that information is going to go everywhere not long after those get posted. Other topics, other sites, etc. It's much harder to pre-emptively not read a Tumblr post about it when I'm just scrolling through my dash and reading whatever comes up, as just one example.

Plus, as someone else has mentioned, TCPi would likely catch wind of it and would not be happy.

The point of this website, along with many others is to provide up to date news. Sure TCPi could send a takedown request, but that would only confirm the information. I think he should release it all, it would be a disservice (in my opinion) not to. I do however understand your frustration, unfortunately I think a vastly larger percentage of Pokémon fans would want the information than not.

I for one would love to hear the details WPM has regarding the new X and Y games.
But yet again it's entirely up to him, personally i hope he does it, even if it's under a spoiler tag.

Think if you are making a game, and trust someone and show the beta game to them, and then they tell a "news site" about it. Should the news site really reveal the info, just because they can?

Teal said:
Think if you are making a game, and trust someone and show the beta game to them, and then they tell a "news site" about it. Should the news site really reveal the info, just because they can?

They have a duty to. This site is just like CNN or FOXNEWS or ABC, they gets news or rumors or leaks and report on it. Game Publishers know there are risks involved with beta's, it is expected in the industry. Once posted Nintendo or TPCi can request that it be taken down.

Hey, I've been lurking these forums for so long but created an account just so I can say this.

First thing, who is TCPi? I don't want to be rude but what should they expect? They should know who to trust.

Now, why are people saying WPM should not give us the info? Like in the past and on other sites like Serebii, spoiler tags can be used in the future if people do not want to read them. Remember the leaks for Black & White? Why should X & Y be any different?

It would be very disrespectful in PokeBeach if the leaks are not given as it was clearly promised that if the english names were real (or even any rumours were) then more info shall be posted. Why bring up the leaks in the first place just to only to hide that information to yourself? I and many others want to know.

JS! ;)

Pancham said:
Hey, I've been lurking these forums for so long but created an account just so I can say this.

First thing, who is TCPi? I don't want to be rude but what should they expect? They should know who to trust.

Now, why are people saying WPM should not give us the info? Like in the past and on other sites like Serebii, spoiler tags can be used in the future if people do not want to read them. Remember the leaks for Black & White? Why should X & Y be any different?

It would be very disrespectful in PokeBeach if the leaks are not given as it was clearly promised that if the english names were real (or even any rumours were) then more info shall be posted. Why bring up the leaks in the first place just to only to hide that information to yourself? I and many others want to know.

JS! ;)

TPCi stands for The Pokémon Company International

I'm not sure it would be disrespectful if they didn't give it out, it is their information to do what they want with. However, my personal opinion is that they have a duty to the pokemon fans that visit this site to release all the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back