(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

One is a boombox, the other is a disco ball.

Neat, Party-type confirmed.

Frezgle said:
Pokèbass said:
I'm calling it now: Noivern is related to Swoobat

Swoobat: Psychic/Flying
Noivern: Flying/Dragon

Yyyyeah, not seeing it :B Probably just another case of Luvdisc/Alomomola.

Not even. Luvdisc/Alomomola had a really similar body shape. xD

In any case, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Noivern. Probably going to be my favorite from XY.

If somehow our fearless leader manages to get into the roundtable, Can he ask the following questions:

1: Will the final form of Fenniken be Fire/Psy?
2: Will we see a location Based of Fort Boyard in the game?
3: Will we see an electric type pokemon based on a cheetah?

leecario said:
Xavier dolan is an awesome actor (idec if that makes me seem pretentious) so i like the name xavier.
Noivern.is.awesome. he definitely has a slot reserved in my party, he just looks so cool.
I like "stoner horsea" as well I'm interested in seeing where that goes.
I'm intrigued by what will make sky battles different (other than location)
maybe you're restricted from using ground type moves, and pokemon who don't have wings and without the levitate ability.

Pokèbass said:
260px-Artwork528.png

Noivern-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg
that was my first thought

I don't like the FE Robin, as IMO, the spots don't suit it and it turns into another generic predator bird.

I just noticed the transparency on the seahorse thing's fin. I just think that's really cool. I wonder if it will affect other Pokemon that have semi-transparent parts.

jtauro92 said:
leecario said:
Xavier dolan is an awesome actor (idec if that makes me seem pretentious) so i like the name xavier.
Noivern.is.awesome. he definitely has a slot reserved in my party, he just looks so cool.
I like "stoner horsea" as well I'm interested in seeing where that goes.
I'm intrigued by what will make sky battles different (other than location)
maybe you're restricted from using ground type moves, and pokemon who don't have wings and without the levitate ability.

The typing/abilities wouldn't allow ground moves anyway even on the ground, and the second point is kind of implied by the name. I meant things such as boosted flying type moves etc.

Pokèbass said:
260px-Artwork528.png

Noivern-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

ive been wondering when someone else will mention this. It was the first thing that shot through my mind when I saw it in the nintendo driect!
Unfortunately that was crushed compeltely when I refreshed the official site and saw it say "Flying/Dragon"

But anyhow
-theyre bats
-its ears look like an evolution of swoobats sound system (altho bats are known for this)
-its fluffy around the neck
-swoobat was much weaker than GOLBAT yet it didnt evolve further

but the points against it are too solid:
-lost its love theme?? for being a badass dragon bat suddenly..
-not just psychic switched for dragon, but its Flying type changed places from secondary to primary? makes absolutely no sense
-they wouldn't be like "emeregewd new totally unrelated Pokémon"

so as much as I was hoping for a Swoobat evo, this won't turn out to be one.

I wouldnt be surprised if this was supposed to be a swoobat evo in some initial design tho.

Mitja said:
-theyre bats

Swoobat's a bat, Noivern's a wyvern with possibly some bat-like attributes (the ears, nose, and love of fruit). To me, they look only about as related as Kabutops and Scyther do.

ook at the name and body more closely. I do not think it is a bat. Noivern sounds like Noise/Wyvern. I'm betting it is based on a Wyvern, not a bat.

Um, what?

It is literally a bat. That is a drawing of a bat. It has a bat body, bat wings, bat head, bat nose and bat ears. It has mammalian fur, eats fruit and has a "noise" theme with the ears stylized into sonar dishes. There cannot possibly be a more bat-based pokemon.

"Wyvern" is a generic term for a dragon. A wyvern has no particular look or style other than being a winged monster.

Altaria is a dragon type but its design and concept are taken from a bluebird. Flygon is an antlion. Garchomp is patterned after a shark. Kingdra is a seahorse.

Saying "it's a wyvern, not a bat" is a meaningless nonsense statement.

Bogleech said:
ook at the name and body more closely. I do not think it is a bat. Noivern sounds like Noise/Wyvern. I'm betting it is based on a Wyvern, not a bat.

Um, what?

It's very, very blatantly based on a bat. It has bat wings, bat ears, a bat nose, mammalian fur and a diet like a fruit bat. Also the noise theme.

You do know that "wyvern" is a completely generic term for a dragon, right? A wyvern doesn't have any particular look or design in mythology.

You also realize that other dragon-type pokemon include fish, birds and an antlion, right?

Saying "it's a wyvern, not a bat" is an utterly meaningless nonsense statement.

This, coming from the guy with an article on his web page describing how dragons used to have weird attributes, including some that were rat-like.
This also coming from the guy who says "It's based on a [insert animal here], not [insert other animal here]" about plenty of Pokemon. Chill out o_O
Wyverns DO have a particular look assigned to them now, by the way. It's still not an extremely specific design, but it's understood to mean a dragon with one set of wings and one set of legs. A barbed tail and loud screeching are common additional attributes.

Frezgle said:
Mitja said:
-theyre bats

Swoobat's a bat, Noivern's a wyvern with possibly some bat-like attributes (the ears, nose, and love of fruit). To me, they look only about as related as Kabutops and Scyther do.

Its absolutely a bat.
It has an extra "wrawr Ima use some Dragon powarz"-look alright, but everything screams bat about it otherwise, at least thats how I felt when I saw it (and made even more sense when I found out it is secondary Dragon)

Ooh, I love this other stuff. The (assumed) Fletchling evo is a little awkward, but middle evolutions usually are, if that's what it is.

I'm not saying it isn't also a dragon, I'm just saying that it's very bluntly also a bat. It's a bat-dragon. :p

the bird's plumage where the red meets the grey looks a lot like flames and the red marks on its feet could (with big question-marks) be embers!
after flame charge,the fire pattern continues??

It's clearly just a wyvern that utilises sound, and the design just happened to resemble a bat ( just my opinion)

leecario said:
It's clearly just a wyvern that utilises sound, and the design just happened to resemble a bat ( just my opinion)

This is gonna become another Legendary Cats vs. Legendary Dogs thing isn't it

Back