(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Does anyone else feel like they quickly put together the 3rd trailer so they would have something to show during the roundtable event because they accidentally leaked the 2nd trailer?

This is probably the first generation since maybe the 3rd, in which I actually LOVE all the Pokemon that have been announced so far. They're so brilliantly designed and they look so awesome! So, so impressed. Well done Game Freak. :')

in pokemon amie when you pet pikachu it crys *pika* in words.but the others just like the crys in bw and before.just sound. 0.o is it exclusive to pikachu to says its name as a cry

unsheathed said:
Oh god, I can imagine evil teams using horde battling just to make it more evil facing them. Ganging up on the protagonist seems like a more realistic plan for villains than the usual "fair" battling of 1-on-1.

I hope they do that; imagine you are in the final encounter with the evil team and they start to throw to you everything they've got in 5 v 1 battles. The only thing more epic than that would be riding your m**********g pokemon into battle or using all your pokemon at the same time.
Plus, with 5 on1 my dear Gardevoir will maximize her asskicking by a factor of five.

I do hope they reclassify Celebi into Grass/Fairy instead and Xerneas seems to use Solar Beam in the trailer.

The first part of this is my reactions before finding out JWittz had detailed noted, so. :p

Front page said:
7:02: Pokemon can be imported from previous games.

The Emerald gang will never die! Not even on 3DS! Four generations and counting, baby.

Front page said:
7:09: No to Red and Blue on Virtual Console.

._. Like outright?

Front page said:
7:25: You can ride Pokemon in areas that you need help, such as Rhydon in rocky terrain.

Yeah Ranger! :D

PB and JWittz, BFFs? <3

JWittz said:
Q - With the advancements in technology - will we see multiple game save files?
A - Just one save file. With Pokemon games we always just want to make it one.

:/ This is the approach Mega Man took for the longest time, until Star Force 3. Understandable, of course, but certainly disappointing. Like, I'd even be all right with an accessory file that can't communicate with any other games, if they're worried about throwing off some balance of one-adventure-per-game.

JWittz said:
Q - Can you import Pokemon from previous games?
A - We are thinking of something. The DS and 3DS can't communicate, but we are working on it.

Hmm... So they definitely have intentions to do it. I'd assume they're going to have to really cobble it together. Obviously, they already figured out *some* connectivity between DS and 3DS stuff, as we have Dream Radar. I could see them releasing a similar companion app for XY that links up with BW and BW2, somehow. It could be exclusive to BW2 since BW2 has the 3DS functionality, but I could see them pulling some trickery to get this companion app modifying BW and BW2 save files with ease. Bleh. xP

JWittz said:
Q - Is there a possibility of the old video games being available on virtual console?
A - We believe that Pokemon is the best on the handhelds, which is why we are careful to decide if we want to put it on a home console.

Ah, lost in translation. Still a possibility, maybe!

JWittz said:
Q - With IVs and EVs, it's been very difficult to catch the right Pokemon and it is time consuming. Have you considered tweaking the formula to save player time?
A - (silence. . . deep in thought), didn't expect anyone to talk about that today (laughs). In Pokemon X and Y we are going to make these hidden specs more visible and easier for players to access.

:O Whoever asked that is a lucky son of a gun. Seriously, getting Masuda to talk about hidden values... Whoa.

Definitely a little lame that though 2/3 event was a presentation, it wasn't recorded in any form. I can easily see them not recording the Q&A for PR concerns, but that presentation would have made a great "Hey, you, yeah you, we got a 1 hour presentation at E3--exclusively about Pokemon". :/

Hi I finally bit the bullet and made an account here so that I could post this Because after reading 35 pages ( know I not caught up) I haven't seen any one suggest this and it was the first thing I thought of when I saw Noivern it looks to me like the final form of a pseudo legendary, and while I have not done a great deal of comparison the HP of the lvl 80 one from the video seems pretty close to the average HP of a pseudo legendary. just a guess.:D

@Chariblaze: Pokemon's twitter said they'll post a recap video tomorrow(aka today), unless the trailer was the recap video and JWittz said he recorded the Q&A event, but I don't think that includes the presentation. He said there was no photography allowed(that didn't stop some people though, there's been some pics of the horde battles and the sky battles that was taken during the presentation floating around)

Aha, the female trainer is called Yvonne! :)
27.jpg

I really want to see the animation for brave bird now, after how excited jwittz, shofu and others attending were getting about it

Do you reckon this is home? It's at the beginning of the second trailer.

Home.png

EDIT: Also, a quick look at the Kalos map shows it to be down at the bottom that some people originally theorised was going to be the starting town!

From the Q&A of the E3 Press Conference regarding Pokemon X & Y:

JWittz said:
Q – Can you import Pokemon from previous games?
A – We are thinking of something. The DS and 3DS can’t communicate, but we are working on it.

Hmm, I got a bad feeling about this. Hope this isn't a repeat of Gen III where Game Freak was forced to make LeafGreen and FireRed to make up for Gen II Pokemon not getting imported to RSE on the GBA.

JWittz said:
Q – With IVs and EVs, it’s been very difficult to catch the right Pokemon and it is time consuming. Have you considered tweaking the formula to save player time?
A – (silence. . . deep in thought), didn’t expect anyone to talk about that today (laughs). In Pokemon X and Y we are going to make these hidden specs more visible and easier for players to access.

That's a nice improvement actually.

Wow, so much news in such little time. I'm really impressed overall and can't wait to see if they have anything else up there sleeves.

Yay! This certainly made my morning a bit more fun. Tonnes of information released and everything is super exciting. The only thing that actually disappointed me a bit is sticking to one save file, but it's not that big of a deal.

I'm both excited and fearful about Pokémon-Amie. It seems really cool to be able to interact with Pokémon like that, but I'm afraid that it will cause me to get too emotionally attached to my digital friends. I had to actually force myself to stop playign Nintendogs when I first got it, since I felt so responsible for the little guys that I was playing religiously as if it were a chore rather than a game, and I don't want to get into that kind of a cycle again. >_>

Zielo said:
Frezgle said:
Its head is very close to a male cardinal's.

Some hawks/falcons also have this. And then look at the bottom with the speckled pattern, the hooked bill, the prey-gripping talons, and that "mean" look most birds of prey have. There is also the fact that they emphasize its speed. It actually looks like it is more specifically based on the peregrine falcon. :D

You cant see it in this picture, but the falcon also has stripes on its tail and the flecks on its bottom go into its wings as well, like Talonflames do.

The Cooper's Hawk and Sharp-Shinned Hawk (or Sharpie, Sparrow Hawk, what have you) are other accipiter hawks that are similar in appearance.

While Peregrine Falcons live in the United States (and are well-known as the fastest species of bird), they also live in France, making that more likely an inspiration than the previously mentioned two species... then again, Fletchling is a Japanese Robin (which research shows was introduced to France, so nevermind that being an odd fact!)

I personally hope it is a State 2 evolution with a Merlin (another Falcon) or a Cardinal Stage 1 evolution.

Back