(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Nigel said:
The crab looks like Zoidberg from Futurama.

c3eafdf648cfc8fa030c27a13224055e.png
=
3fc9c2131a045188d4984739c379d2e2.png

Well, now I know what I'll be naming mine when I catch one.

Hegafire0 said:
Haunter and Fletchling evolution in a Sky Battle. Calling it now.

Didn't notice it before but they seem to be in the sky (trees below) and both could easily participate plus if Mitja is correct, it was mentioned by that girl. They might be trying to hide it so they left it in German for not everyone to notice.

Soooo...just saying for all those doubters its kind of funny. The annon source is going two for two now I seriously doubt that he's wrong on ALL counts though may be a few things he/she might be off on. Wonder how people feel that totally nah-sayed the source :p

Shocker said:
Off topic, but:
The most users online at one time was 1,294 on June 12th, 2010 at 04:57 PM
We're pretty close to breaking that record

I was actually about to point that out. EVERYONE STAY ONLINE! We're breaking a record today.

The new picture of blueshrimp makes me feel even more confident that it's based on a mantis shrimp. I am EXCITED. Mantis shrimp are one of my favorite animals and having one as my Water type would be amazing ;w;

Also is it just me, or does seahorse-thing's head look like one of these?:
dumbo_octopus.jpg

Kalyst said:
Soooo...just saying for all those doubters its kind of funny. The annon source is going two for two now I seriously doubt that he's wrong on ALL counts though may be a few things he/she might be off on. Wonder how people feel that totally nah-sayed the source :p

Actually its been 4 (Electric attack, English names, Fairy type and Sky battle).

I don't think that the sea horse is Inkay. It can be but I don't think that the sea horse will evolve on a calamari (it might happen but I don't think it will). The back part of the crab is pretty good. I might prefer it over other Pokemon reveal so far.

I'm thinking the crab and seahorse could be fossil Pokémon MAYBE?

Anyways, does anyone else find the announcers voice on the new trailer a little patronising when he starts talking about Pokémon Amie?

"Whether big or small" the way he says it makes me grind my teeth a little.

Hegafire0 said:
Haunter and Fletchling evolution in a Sky Battle. Calling it now.

why are you calling it, when thats obviously the case?

the girl asks for a sky battle, and then a battle of levitating haunter vs bird follows...well guess what its a sky battle no shit xD

I love the way sky battles seem to look, and can't wait to see them in action

Which made me think of something, what if some 6th gen Gyms have special conditions to challenge them with?

Like a gym where you have to fight the gym leader in a sky battle.

And I'm curious to see if you can have underwater/ocean battles with swimmer trainers or in a water type gym.

No one has commented on the Froakie and Houndour thing. It looks like a mini-game to me or they might be transferring Pokemon from Gen 5. It is odd if it would be a battle as it doesn't seem like they generally look like. It also has a top view.

That is without a doubt a SNAPPING SHRIMP pokemon. I'm excited. I always thought they'd be perfect for the game.

In the real world, a snapping shrimp uses its single larger claw to generate a tiny bubble that bursts with such intense speed it creates a paralyzing shockwave. It can kill other animals just with the sound of its snap.

A mantis shrimp does something rather similar, but it's far larger and stranger. I find it highly likely that it may evolve into a mantis shrimp.

Also I hope the gloomy-looking seahorse is a poison type. I would love a creepy poison-spewing seahorse creature.

water/electric plz.

its one of those combos that makes perfect sense and could be used for so many different species, yet all we have is lanturn out of 650 pokemon (dont mention rotom pls i know.)

I like the Shrimp Pokémon, it will be better when we can see some official artwork of the three.

Flys Gone 2071 said:
No one has commented on the Froakie and Houndour thing. It looks like a mini-game to me or they might be transferring Pokemon from Gen 5. It is odd if it would be a battle as it doesn't seem like they generally look like. It also has a top view.

Houndour could be seen as one of those Pokémon that the evil team traditionally uses. What if the evil team cheats and you're forced to fight one vs. several? Or, could it be part of a cutscene?

Back