(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Frezgle said:
leecario said:
It's clearly just a wyvern that utilises sound, and the design just happened to resemble a bat ( just my opinion)

This is gonna become another Legendary Cats vs. Legendary Dogs thing isn't it

It seems so.. :( GO TEAM WYVERN!

It's a Dragon-bat. That's what a wyvern is. I see no argument here. Its nose looks like a victini though.

That Fletchling evo looks like it's wearing pajamas or something o.o

Azumarill with immunity to dragons is just scary. OU for sure.

Frezgle said:
leecario said:
It's clearly just a wyvern that utilises sound, and the design just happened to resemble a bat ( just my opinion)

This is gonna become another Legendary Cats vs. Legendary Dogs thing isn't it
Just do what I do- call them Legendary Gerbils and stay out of the debate altogether.

And I agree- Noivern is a dragon bat. Not just a bat, not just a dragon, but both.

Puff-Sun said:
That Fletchling evo looks like it's wearing pajamas or something o.o

Exactly what I thought! Like it's got... pants, I dunno. And no neck. I can see why it's suspected to be Fletchling's evo, but I kind of hope not. I wanting Fletchling to be a sleek early-game bird, like Swellow D:
Hopefully the Sugimori art looks better than the screenshot, because right now it looks super awkward.

I posted my theory in another thread, and even though it was 'out there', I think Noivern helps my case a bit. It's still very out there, but just hear me out. In one of my posts, I suggested that Xerneas and Yveltal might be 'altered' Pokémon. I suggested that Xerneas was an altered Sawsbuck, and Yveltal was an altered unreleased Pokémon. With the unveiling of Noivern, it makes me think that maybe Yveltal is an altered Noivern. Both Yveltal and Noivern have those black claw-like things, and a white tuft around their neck. That's my crazy theory.

I also don't think that Swoobat and Noivern would be related.

The new seahorse Pokémon is something I've been waiting for for a very long time. I like Horsea's line, but we've needed a new seahorse for a while IMO.

The new blue crustacean Pokémon reminds me of a cross between Corphish and Anorith which is awesome because I love them both. I normally don't have a Water-type in my party, but this gen may be an exception.

Fletchling's evolution is all right I suppose. I don't really like its legs, but that isn't a big deal.

Vivillon is amazing. It's so mesmerizingly beautiful and I want one now!

To me, Noivern looks like a mixture of a wyvern and a grey long-eared bat, which are found all over France and parts of Europe. The ears of those bats are HUGE and share a lot of similarities to Noivern's.

Here's a handy-dandy reference picture in the spoiler!
grey-long-eared-bat.jpg

I'm going to get confused in Emerald now. I'll be raging that my Gardevoir doesn't have Fairy-type moves.

For anyone whose a fan of Cabin in The Woods, here's Noivern. A Bat Dragon. :D I teared when I seen this cause I got so excited!

the-bat.jpg

SunRiver said:
I love how the flying/levitating Pokemon are now floating in a battle!
Charizard flies too! Look how far he's come, from not being able to fly and now flying all the time...
I'm proud of you charizard

SunRiver said:
I love how the flying/levitating Pokemon are now floating in a battle!

Just you watch; poor old Magnezone will be forced to sit on the ground.

AdamLambert said:
I posted my theory in another thread, and even though it was 'out there', I think Noivern helps my case a bit. It's still very out there, but just hear me out. In one of my posts, I suggested that Xerneas and Yveltal might be 'altered' Pokémon. I suggested that Xerneas was an altered Sawsbuck, and Yveltal was an altered unreleased Pokémon. With the unveiling of Noivern, it makes me think that maybe Yveltal is an altered Noivern. Both Yveltal and Noivern have those black claw-like things, and a white tuft around their neck. That's my crazy theory.

Vivillon is amazing. It's so mesmerizingly beautiful and I want one now!
Really cool idea! It's not that crazy though, my theory on gen 6 is a lot more crazy. But anyway, I think Noivern has traits of both Xern and Yvel (or they have traits of Noivern) because Yvel has the mane and general body shape of Noivern, as well as the claws, but Xern and Noivern both have the same black body and you can clearly see the lines between their bodies and legs, and the ridge on Noivern's wings remind me of the blades on Xern's legs. Plus their tails look vaguely similar.

Also, Vivillon is probably one of my favorite bug types now too. How can you not love a disco ball butterfly?

Bogleech said:
The seahorse really does look it has the head of a vampire squid, the more I look at it.

vampire-squid-found-to-eat-marine-snow-green-side_59704_600x450.jpg

It does have these weird things on the bottom, if it really is inkay, maybe flipping it causes them to fan out? (Crazy theory, should be entirely disregarded haha)

Back