(1) Zapdos in Movie 12? [3/4]

Smeargle2 said:
Oh...
Sorry, (not that it was my video)
I didn't realize how strongly you felt about it...

Sorry, it's just that "You all have to see this video!" makes me think it's something incredibly important, which that was not.

What I sorta wonder is what kind of legendaries will be in 5th gen, if a 5th gen at all? I mean, they've already made a freaking god of all things, and like what's left to make a deity of?

Meaty said:
What I sorta wonder is what kind of legendaries will be in 5th gen, if a 5th gen at all? I mean, they've already made a freaking god of all things, and like what's left to make a deity of?

Who says they need to make more gods?
They could make animals, that haven't yet been made it to Pokémon, into Pokémon

I had been thinking about that since it was found...
But who (besides the pokedex) says that he is the God of "all" things...?

Smeargle2 said:
I had been thinking about that since it was found...
But who (besides the pokedex) says that he is the God of "all" things...?

The PokéDex and the Original Story simply state that Arceus is the creator of the universe and the Lake and Dragon trio - which created spirit and matter, respectively - and nothing else. So really... If you count matter, spirit, and the universe as "all things" then yes, it is the creator of all things.

I think that they are just introducing as many electric pokemon to drive us all mad, and make us go insane. I mean, COME ON! How can they put a random Zapdos in? It just doesn't fit. If anyone believes that, then they might as well say that Arceus and Mew worked together to build the world, and both will destroy it in this movie.

^Well if I am correct, Mew was the 1st pokemon created after Arceus made Giratina, Dialga & Palkia for matter and the reverse world, then the 3 lake sprites for what they represent, and Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon for Earth.

If I remember correctly, Arceus is only symbolic of creation; it's stated as thus in Sinnoh folklore. There's no proof Arceus created the Pokémon world...unless he's a surrogate for Satoshi Tajiri and that's what he actually looks like.

I also didn't think of the Pan thing as a joke, but I get it now. Arceus also kind of reminds me of Phaedra, the fourth Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus.

I'm glad there's someone else who suspects Arceus is not alone among creation Pokémon though...People say that this must be the end, that there's nothing to top Arceus, but I'd disagree. At the very least, Arceus would need to have some equivalent evil, maybe a destruction Pokémon.

raichupika33 said:
I looked on www.serebii.net and I looked at the main characters, Zapdos isnt there, but it could be a surprise, I would assume that it would have a small role as it hasant been in a movie for years.

And you went to serebii for movie news...
Besides if we don't have more news on zapdos, how would you suspect Serebii would?

I believe Mews was the Orgin of all pokemon.
How else do you think it can learn all moves.

Ophie said:
If I remember correctly, Arceus is only symbolic of creation; it's stated as thus in Sinnoh folklore. There's no proof Arceus created the Pokémon world...unless he's a surrogate for Satoshi Tajiri and that's what he actually looks like.

I also didn't think of the Pan thing as a joke, but I get it now. Arceus also kind of reminds me of Phaedra, the fourth Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus.

I'm glad there's someone else who suspects Arceus is not alone among creation Pokémon though...People say that this must be the end, that there's nothing to top Arceus, but I'd disagree. At the very least, Arceus would need to have some equivalent evil, maybe a destruction Pokémon.

Yes, that is exactly what I thought the very first time I saw Arceus' sprite - it looked just like Phaedra.

Actually, in its latest Platinum PokéDex entry, the (unofficial, but translated) entry states: "It appeared from within an egg floating through the void and created the world as we know it." In addition, its Diamond entry states it "shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms."

Even the folklore describes it as the being that created matter, spirit, and the universe - it does not simply use it as a symbol.

Yeah, IMO, there just can't be anything that tops Arceus. But maybe they'll start making evil legendaries, called Titan pokemon, like in greek mythology. Like Gods VS Titans, Arceus being Zeus, Kyogre Poseidon, e.t.c... And just think of the Greek theme Arceus has in the movie! BUT, there's also likely to be other planets with pokemon, their own rev. worlds, and Kyogre/Groudobs/Rayquazas. Deoxys, Jirachi, etc kinda prove some pokemon are farther out in space.

(Randy) said:
raichupika33 said:
I looked on www.serebii.net and I looked at the main characters, Zapdos isnt there, but it could be a surprise, I would assume that it would have a small role as it hasn't been in a movie for years.

And you went to serebii for movie news...
Besides if we don't have more news on zapdos, how would you suspect Serebii would?

I believe Mews was the Orgin of all pokemon.
How else do you think it can learn all moves.

I'm PRETTY SURE Arceus made the world, then made Dialga, Palkia, & Giratina for time, space, and a reverse world. (Sometimes I almost think of Giratina as the Arceus of the Reverse World) Then when dialga & palkia sort of made Earth, and created Sinnoh on it(thus forming Heatran, check his dex entry), the AMU trio was made for the stuff they represent. Then Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza came to basicalyy make Earth's surface and atmosphere together. THEN Mew was created and as the ancestor of pokemon, sort of "evolved" into other pokemon, including other legendaries that AREN'T creators. Maybe even Humans?

Meaty said:
I'm PRETTY SURE Arceus made the world, then made Dialga, Palkia, & Giratina for time, space, and a reverse world. (Sometimes I almost think of Giratina as the Arceus of the Reverse World) Then when dialga & palkia sort of made Earth, and created Sinnoh on it(thus forming Heatran, check his dex entry), the AMU trio was made for the stuff they represent. Then Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza came to basicalyy make Earth's surface and atmosphere together. THEN Mew was created and as the ancestor of pokemon, sort of "evolved" into other pokemon, including other legendaries that AREN'T creators. Maybe even Humans?

Yes, I believe you're right about a few points, there. Here's what I think:

First of all, I'll state what we do know about the timeline of creation:

In the beginning, there was nothing but churning chaos. From the heart of the chaos tumbled an egg, and from the egg hatched Arceus. Arceus then made Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. From itself again, Arceus made Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit. The three dragon gods wished, and matter came to be. The three pixies wished, and from their wish, spirit came to be. Its task of creating the universe complete, Arceus took to sleep.

Now, somewhere in there, Arceus had to have created the reverse world - it was most likely created when the three dragon gods wished and made matter. For some reason, according to Giratina's Platinum PokéDex entry, Giratina was "banished for its violence. It silently gazed upon the old world from the Distortion World." Now, the films seem to take a different path - Giratina is seen as a guardian of the Reverse World rather than as a prisoner there, and it can even move freely in and out of the Reverse World. So, there's a difference between the games and the film, there.

Now, Heatran was formed when the dragon gods created matter, as stated by Buck's grandfather in the games. Its role in the film is likely to flesh out this point, as well.

As for the rest of the timeline of creation, I think you're right. When Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza shaped the earth, don't forget Regigigas towed the continents into their positions.

Mew was not the creator of the universe, and thankfully no one tried making that point. Its role as the origin of all Pokémon may also be incorrect - perhaps it is the origin of most, but not all. Its role as ancestor is either believed by "many scientists" or it "is said to possess the genetic composition of all Pokémon".

^Makes much more sense and yeah I did forget Regigigas broke up Pokemon Pangea, I guess?

Since you're all stating your PokéVerse Creation Theories, I'll post mine.

Arceus just appeared in an egg. It created all. Then, it created Dialga and Palkia to control Time and Space, respectively. I think that when everything was created, there was a parallel universe set forth at the time. Then, Giratina was born in that world. I believe that it was NOT the doing of Arceus, as Giratina appears as an opposite of Arceus, as it has a combination of both Dialga & Palkia's 'facial lines'. Then, Arceus gave 'being' to all of the Pokémon. Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie. And as Xous said, Heatran was created during the creation of the Draconic Duo, Dialga and Palkia. But I do not know why Zapdos would be included in this movie, as it has no relations to any of the previously mentioned Pokémon. Or, to the extent of our knowledge, it doesn't.
Pretty amateur-ish theory, huh?
=P

I just went on the pokemon japan website and zapdos is not in the movie.This might be a bounus figure.Plus i think the trailer says arceus the legendary god is awakened!And pichu might no be able to save the world.How could it and besides pichu are very weak pokemon.But fiannaly does anyone know about the 13 pokemon movie???

Not even the 12th movie is out yet so, we know nothing about the 13th movie, rerember that the Johto starters are also in this, they must have some plot in the movie, also that could be a link with the Gold/Silver remake as it said on the site during re-construction.

You know that the myth of the Shinoh Legends creation is the same as the greek and (one of them) agyptian mythologie! So if you understand those you can understand the pokémon one :p

Back