(2) Arceus Movie Coverage, Japanese Leafeon vs. Metagross Expert Deck, Battle Starter Decks [11/52

RE: (1) Japanese Leafeon vs. Metagross Expert Deck, Battle Starter Decks [11/5]

Blastoise and Great Feraligatr make for one sick combo.
Interviewer's Question combo well with Great Feraligatr.
Leafeon and Roserade are obvious combo.
Shaymin is interesting but not great.
Mismagius has similar poke power as Gardevoir PL.
Metagross has nice 2nd attack and lovely pokebody.
Floatzel is also pretty good.

Pokémon Circulator and Interviewer's Question are awesome cards. :3

And that Raichu is so cute~<3

rage780 said:
Blastoise and Great Feraligatr make for one sick combo.
Interviewer's Question combo well with Great Feraligatr.
Leafeon and Roserade are obvious combo.
Shaymin is interesting but not great.
Mismagius has similar poke power as Gardevoir PL.
Metagross has nice 2nd attack and lovely pokebody.
Floatzel is also pretty good.

Why do that? Just use the Flaotzel and you'll still do a Launch every turn for the same setup.

Even the Shaymin isn't the best, me want =3

There are a quite few awesome combos.

Shaymin is a nice tech if is in the right deck. :)

And Australia just had it today. And Jon was watching the first run from the Down Under =)

Blastoise+Great Gatr/Floatzel FTW. I can't argue with a constant 100 snipe a turn.

No one's uploaded the Arceus movie to YouTube yet. When the Shaymin movie aired, it was uploaded almost immediately.
Someone needs to upload it sometime.

...Pokemon Circulator = a nerfed GoW. Why? If you're gonna bring it back, don't nerf it.

I like the synergy with the cards in the decks. Mismagius + Metagross = Free retreat to everything. Leafeon + Roserade = epic combo with special conditions. Attach an energy to Roserade and put it on something else with Mismagius, or keep it on there to power its attack. I'm really liking these cards.

But Blastoise is the highlight of them all. You don't even need Great Feraligatr to do the combo; just Blastoise and Floatzel. I'm surprised they didn't make the Blastoise deck the Offense Deck.

Good thing I'm not watching the dub. I'd rather wait until the Japanese one with subtitles is put up on YouTube.

Hm...

It seems as though we're doomed to repeat history. When Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were announced to be released, they first released a different TCG set (Power Keepers) before Diamond and Pearl. The fact that this set is using Sinnoh Pokemon hints that this will be our set for States. How else would they give it to us in America? They'd have to release the set in March, then HeartGold/SoulSilver in May along with the release of the games (which will most likely be a month or so before. Like with Diamond and Pearl, lol). So it's pretty possible. I'll know for sure once we get some more scans, but right now it's looking like HeartGold/SoulSilver WILL in fact be delayed. Interesting how they're printing "Goods" already, I would have thought they would have waited until HeartGold/SoulSilver. I doubt they'd stick a random Shaymin Sky Form in HeartGold/SoulSilver. Oh well, if they do decide to release this as our March set, I'll be pretty happy. I like a lot of the cards so far.

As for the cards themselves, there's obvious synergy with almost everything. I can name about 3 combos already that are better than a lot of stuff in HeartGold/SoulSilver. Everything in the Leafeon deck is pretty cool, especially Leafeon. Wind of Victory, aside from being an awesome name, is a pretty powerful attack with maybe Roserade. A bit slow, but 100 for 2 AND having them already confused and poisoned seems pretty devastating. Shaymin's Blessed Wind is pretty cool, I guess.

The Metagross deck really got me thinking. Metagross himself is nothing special, and neither is Mismagius, although I can see what they were trying to do with the whole retreat cost thing. Same with Jirachi. I guess they're trying to add more internal-set combos rather than spacing the combos across a bunch of different sets so this way the cards are more accessible. That's at least what this set of cards made me think of.

The Defense Deck is sort of cool. Cherrim is really nice, I think he'll find his way into a few decks. The Offense deck is nice. Magmortar is obviously to be used with Delcatty from Platinum. Why do I have some sort of feeling there will be a Camerupt Lv.X? I dunno why :S. Anyway, the Skill Deck is where the awesome stuff really is. Floatzel/Blastoise is like a faster version of Feralagatr, although a bit more inconsistent (having to play 2 different lines), although the snipe is amazing. Kills off Claydols, Uxies, etc, and Unown G can't do a thing about it. Ampharos Great might give it some problems, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. The Speed deck has nothing to show. All in all, great cards

Speaking of the online battle simulator...! I'm very pumped if they do indeed intend to release this in America (I assume they do, but it's pretty possible that they wouldn't, or at least hold out for a while on releasing it. Seems like a rather expensive product to mass-produce though), so when it is released I'll be pretty interested in how they do it both in Japan and in America.

Anyway, this whole news story brought up a lot of questions for me. Judging by how they've released things in the past, I think it's very safe to assume this will indeed be our States set.

I've been trying to avoid spoilers of the Arceus movie myself, but I couldn't help but read the synopsis. I hated Cyndaquil's 4kids voice, just for the record. I'm curious to hear how the dubbed Arceus sounds. Does he ever say his own name in the movie? That should be interesting to hear how he wants it pronounced :0

Great news story. Really enjoyed everything. ^_^

Hm. The end of Galefail's post reminded me of a question I was going to ask:
Does Heatran ever say anything in the movie?

...And if it does, does it say its name or the "Gwogobo gwobobobo!" from the games? x3

The new cards are actually really good. Jirachi, if you think about it, could be a finisher against Flygon! They are going to have 2-3 energy on it, so just devolute it completely to a weak trapinch! Lol but Roserade+Leafeon+Leafeon X will make an ungodly combo. Attach 2 energy a turn, a grass and psychic, and then watch the magic happen when you hit for 110(poison included), so then they will probably retreat it, and if they do, they may have to send up something that is not prepared. SSU would be VERY helpful here.

You can use Floatzel's power once per turn. So it's not possible to use more than 1 water acceleration per turn. Blastoise' attack return 2 water energies to your hand.

Back