(2) Arceus Movie Coverage, Japanese Leafeon vs. Metagross Expert Deck, Battle Starter Decks [11/52

RE: (2) Arceus Movie Coverage, Japanese Leafeon vs. Metagross Expert Deck, Battle Sta

Forum Shark said:
4Kids does this a lot to shows. YuGiOh is the best example. Take a look at the Japanese version compared to the North American version.
Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

RE: (2) Arceus Movie Coverage, Japanese Leafeon vs. Metagross Expert Deck, Battle Sta

Water Pokémon Master said:
Forum Shark said:
4Kids does this a lot to shows. YuGiOh is the best example. Take a look at the Japanese version compared to the North American version.
Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Well, I don't want to get on topic, but... I'm sorry I don't see your point. Last I checked, 4Kids dubs Pokemon. Like I said, I don't really watch the anime, and haven't since I was a younger, so. Does 4Kids not dub Pokemon anymore? Regardless, it doesn't matter who does it, I suppose, I guess North America messes up anime in general.

hipoke said:
YES, I FINALLY PROVE MY POINT! As I have stated before in other threads to quotes like "Great. Yet Another set we don't want." I said you haven't even seen the set yet!! And this set already proves to be a great set.

Leafeon can make a great deck with it's great damage for just one energy comboed with Skuntank G, Roserade, Wigglytuff, Xatu. Shaymin has a great power. Jirachi is goood too. Pokemon Circulator. BROKEN. THE NEW GUST OF WIND IS HERE!
Nope, they get to choose. Just a warp on their end.

And this isn't the HG/SS set, just a random set of promos.

Gaaah. This game is going way overboard. what happened tot he days where one card had one great thing about it? Now it's all, Flygon, Luxray, Gengar, where EVERYTHING about the card is top notch. It's a good thing Claydol was released early, or it would do a 2 [C] energy 30 snipe everywhere and have free retreat and 100 HP.

Leafon/Skuntank G/Dawn Stadium is awesome. do 1 energy 50, 10 for poison, and remove a damage counter. Jirachi is amazing, Mismagius is nothing terrible, Metagross is like the best components of Magnezone and Flygon with a bunch of amazing techability.

Terra is solid, but not great. Blastoise/Floatzel is freaking Broken.

Raichu is LOL-A-RIFFIC. It's like DP Lucario all over again xD The new Lucario has some nice donkability.

I gave this movie a shot, despite my dislike over, even just the concept, Arceus. I downloaded the torrent for the movie, and i must say, despite how much i dislike Arceus, I really enjoyed this movie, a Pokemon movie hasn't held onto me since Pokemon4Ever.
My only complaint was Arceus and his "Angry Droopy" voice. But other then that, the music score, the animation and plot really took me in, I loved it, just making 9/10 in my book.

just saw the movie and hated the dub voices - demos sounded to much like yugi ( i think its the same actor) the storyling was really good thou..
why isit the dud make the legendarys sound so crupy and old :|
cant wait to here the jp version..

Having watched the film twice now on Youtube, I'm actually really pleased with everything. I got used to the voices, and I think the voice acting on a whole was actually fairly nice. The judgment => justice thing wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be (they made it work). This film is, of course, #1 on my list, even for the U.S. version. Amazing job. Can't wait to own the DVD.

Squid Rooster said:
I'm glad there are at least a few people who know how to watch a movie without their anus clenched. Try, just try people, to judge the English version on its own merit rather than obsessively comparing everything to its superior Nippon Ichi version--if you haven't accepted that they're two different animals at this point, a lousy dub shouldn't be your biggest concern.
It seems you are referring to my commentary / opinions of the movie. If you listened to the podcast, you would have heard me state I often like the dubs better than the Japanese version. Just because I disliked Arceus' voice acting, which, in my opinion, was terrible and forced, does not mean I am some elitist Nippon > all dubs person. I was not the only one who thought Arceus' voice was terrible (and even Sheena's) - look around on other Pokemon forums and people who have never seen the movie said the same thing. Whoever did Arceus' voice really forced it - it did not sound like a natural voice at all. I'm in anime club at my school and I'm usually the one defending dubs, too. I just got through watching two Studio Ghibli dubs today for an assignment and I kept comparing the quality of the acting to the Arceus movie - it seems like the Arceus dub was a rush job or had poor voice direction. I think /I/ could have even directed the actors better than whoever is currently doing it, which is why it's frustrating; it doesn't even seem like they try.

The judgment/justice things is so overblown it's ridiculous. How can you not understand that the two words are closely related? How can you deny that "justice" makes perfect sense in the context of the dialogue--one could even a better choice of words? Arceus calling his actions an enactment of justice implies that he has judged the actions of man and has determined what consequences they deserve. Self-righteous figures--like God--do this all the time. How is that censorship
Well we even said in the podcast we are blowing it out of proportion a bit. But the point is PUSA will go out of there way to diminish Arceus' role as the god of the Pokemon universe. Arceus' attack is Judgment, it judges people - bringing them to "justice" completely diminishes what it is supposed to be. It sounds as if it wants to take them to court (hence the Judge Judy reference, which, by the way, wasn't serious). They didn't just substitute the word, they changed its meaning and they changed the translation, which gives Arceus' role a bit of a different tone (again, as we all discussed in the podcast).

Xous, link meh!

Marcus voice was really familiar, then at the end I got who he sounded like, Shadow The Hedgehog, then I realized it was Jason Griffith doing his voice (Voice of Sonic, Shadow, Sir. Aaron).

Water Pokémon Master said:
Xous, link meh!

Oh... WPM, the link to the video (it's split into 9 parts) is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6CklETF9MQ&feature=channel

Though I'm not sure how long it'll be around. xD

Just finished watching it myself. I have to say, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. The concept of Arceus itself IS the ultimate Pokemon. An all-powerful being, attempting to destroy a whole world... and I don't think this movie did that concept itself justice. I think they did finish up the trilogy of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina pretty well, though. I dunno, I just think they could have done so much more with Arceus itself.

The voice acting was interesting. I hated Arceus' voice when it was angry and even more when it was calm. Damos was so Yami-Yugi and Knuckles you can't deny it. I also like how they attempted to sneak in the pronunciation of 'Ar-kee-us' as much as they could, I think I'm finally used to it. It was a pretty good movie, especially for a Pokemon movie all-in-all. I might watch it again.

The Reaver said:
100 snipe lol. That's awesome.

I like these theme decks. I don't think any of these cards are coaster-worthy at all (Raichu isn't too good, but it fits in with the theme and it isn't that bad either). Nice job, PCL.
Salamence SW says Hi.

Currently watching the dub on youtube, and all I have to say is that Arceus's voice really doesn't suit him. I just find it too high-pitched for my liking.

I like the new Leafeon it's like a new faster and actually playable Venusaur and Roserade is an obvious tech.

Well I'm watching the movie for the third time now but I haven't found the part where "like in many websites say" Arceus use "Seed Flare" it says it on bulbapedia and other pokemon websites where they have their plot or summary of the movie, can anyone tell me where does this happens if it happens?

Xous said:
Oh... WPM, the link to the video (it's split into 9 parts) is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6CklETF9MQ&feature=channel

Though I'm not sure how long it'll be around. xD

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Stupid Copyrights. No more watching the movie on youtube

Giratina86 said:
Well I'm watching the movie for the third time now but I haven't found the part where "like in many websites say" Arceus use "Seed Flare" it says it on bulbapedia and other pokemon websites where they have their plot or summary of the movie, can anyone tell me where does this happens if it happens?

Yeah, I haven't seen that either. I think they might have confused it with some other move.

And to hipoke: The same person has re-uploaded the movie again, and promises to do so multiple times. Simply search for "Pokemon Movie 12 Arceus and the Jewel of Life" and you should get a few people to choose from.

Someone on Bulbapedia originally copied and pasted my guide, but when I complained about it, they rewrote it instead of removing it. I complained again and they finally took it down. Whoever the moron was that stole it interpreted a lot of my stuff incorrectly. I said Arceus shoots out a wave of green at the end and they took that as Seed Flare.

I'm lovin' the Leafeon/Metagross deck. So many good cards that are actually HeartGold/SoulSilver, who would have thought of it?

That new Leafeon is insane. 50x every special condition for a SINGLE Energy. That is one of the most broken things I've ever seen. Play it in a special conditions deck with stuff like Wigglytuff, Magmortar SV, and Skuntank G (not to mention the new Roserade from the same deck, and also that new Toarkoal), and you're good to go.

Interviewer's question is insanely broken when paired with Great Gatr and the new Starmie. Hurricane is coming back (in a slightly different way, albeit).

Jirachi will make Rare Candy oriented decks cry. Nuff said.

Pokemon Circulator really isn't all bad either, acting like a Cyclone Energy minus the attaching effect. I could see this being heavily played.

Numel makes a broken start for a lot of Fire decks out there coughTyphlosioncough.

Blastoise's Hydro Launcher is insane with Gatr. Energy go back into your hand, attach and snipe for 100.

Insane new deck. Can't wait for it to come out.

Back