(2) August CoroCoro Scans, Basurao Revealed from 'Black' and 'White' Demos [7/8]

Tarazuma said:
I'm not saying if it's not in this issue it's not true, I'm saying that all LOGICAL signs point to it being a whole new Pokemon, rather then just "OMG PINK HEART FISH = LUVDISC EVO"

And likewise, don't be surprised when September 18th comes around and its FACT that Mamanbo is a brand new Pokemon unrelated to Luvdisc, keeping in line with the statement made about the game being 5th gen only until the ND.
Remember when they said that the starters would be psychic-fighting-dark?

Well, I'm usually not the type to post in forums, but after I read through this thread I just had to make an account and state my opinion on 2 things.

Mamanbou is most likely Luvdisc's evolution. And by most likely I mean I'm 99.99 % sure. Seriously, JUST LOOK AT THAT THING! How can anyone deny that those two are related? As WPM said: Pink. Heart. Water types.

I also believe that there is a possiblity, I repeat, a possibility that Swana is Mamepato's final evolution. After looking through some old news to see what Mamepato's second forme looks like (Hatoopoo or something like that, forgot it already), I believe it's not so unlikely anymore. Hatoowhatever looks like a mix between Mamepato and Swana! And only because Mamepato is a pigeon doesn't mean it can't evolve into a swan. Sandshrew and Sandslash were classified as mouse pokemon, although they're based on pangolins. So what I wanna say is, Mamepato might be the "ugly" pigeon-duckling hybrid that evolves into the "beautiful" swan.

ok Tarazuma. If a new corocoro pic leaked that showed a Purple goblin shaped being. They don't mention anything other than it's name and typing. With jewels/crystals at points on it's body. It also has jewels for eyes and has a toothed grin. It is also revealed to be dark/ghost type. Lets say for example this pokemon looks JUST LIKE sableye but it has four arms....I guess your just gonna jump up and start proclaiming that it is DEFINITELY 100% not a sableye evolution because they didn't say so?

mybrilliant said:
Well, I'm usually not the type to post in forums, but after I read through this thread I just had to make an account and state my opinion on 2 things.

Mamanbou is most likely Luvdisc's evolution. And by most likely I mean 99.99 %. Seriously, JUST LOOK AT THAT THING! How can anyone deny that those two are related? As WPM said: Pink. Heart. Water types.

I also believe that there is a possiblity, I repeat, a possibility that Swana is Mamepato's final evolution. After looking through some old news to see what Mamepato's second forme looks like (Hatoopoo or something like that, forgot it already >_>), I believe it's not so unlikely anymore. Hatoowhatever looks like a mix between Mamepato and Swana! And only because Mamepato is a pigeon doesn't mean it can't evolve into a swan. Sandshrew and Sandslash were classified as mouse pokemon, although they're based on pangolins. So what I wanna say is, Mamepato might be the "ugly" pigeon-duckling hybrid that evolves into the "beautiful" swan.
This. Hatooboo even has a bluish tint.

Tarazuma said:
I'm not saying if it's not in this issue it's not true, I'm saying that all LOGICAL signs point to it being a whole new Pokemon, rather then just "OMG PINK HEART FISH = LUVDISC EVO"

And likewise, don't be surprised when September 18th comes around and its FACT that Mamanbo is a brand new Pokemon unrelated to Luvdisc, keeping in line with the statement made about the game being 5th gen only until the ND.

I'm saying that all logical signs point to Mamambou being Luvdisc evolution.

What would be the purpose of creating another Pink Heart Shaped fish and have it become a completely separate pokemon from a weaker Pink Heart shaped fish from a previous generation with no evolution?

There is absolutely no point in creating Mamambou if its not gonna be related to Luvdisc. And the sad thing is, you KNOW its a Luvdisc evo. I just don't understand why you try so hard to fight it. And your signature is not necessary. We can all see your in denial.

Everyone's picking on poor Tarazuma, but I'm totally with her on this one!

Mainly because I'll be LMAO if it turns out not to be related to Luvdisc. But also because I have a feeling that it won't be related to Luvdisc (ever since that fake scan surfaced, and the real scan also not hinting anything about it).

Playerking95 said:
No way is that Pidgeon going to evolve into a swan.

Theres no way this ugly carp is going to evolve into a chinese style dragon.
Theres no way this fish is gonna evolve into an octopus.
Theres no way this ugly fish is gonna evolve into a beautiful dragon.
Theres no way this antlion is gonna evolve into a literal dragonfly.
Theres no way this scorpion is gonna evolve into an accordion.
Theres no way this seagull is gonna evolve into a Pelican.

I could keep going....

XD

Weyard said:
They have to start somewhere. Its my opinion that they just they just started with Luvdisc. Would you expect them, after their anouncement about it being 5th gen only, to ONLY show us new ones? Would you expect them to reveal no "new evos for old pokemon" period? To just leave that whole aspect of the game a surprise? NO. Just NO. They are going to have to start showing off "new evos for old pokemon" at some point. You have no evidence that they have not already began to do so.

Yes I WOULD expect them to only show new ones. HE SAID THAT HE WANTED IT TO BE A BRAND NEW EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE. He DOES want the game to be a surprise, he freaking said it himself. He said he wants people to play the game and say "wow, what's that pokemon?"

They do not "NEED" to start showing off new evos for old Pokemon at some point during the PRE-RELEASE. The only one they even showed in the D/P pre-release was Electivire, and that's because he was featured in the anime as Gary's pokemon, it was a major thing apparently. Luvdisc is so totally random and has NO reason to be promoted in the pre-release material.

I may not have an 100% confirmation that they "have not already begun to show new evos for old Pokemon" but you likewise have no confirmation that they HAVE. However, the difference is, my theories are based on logic, critical thinking, analysis of past events, and drawing reasonable conclusions based on all factors. Whereas you and everyone else are basing it soley on the physical similarities of Luvdisc and Mamanbo and ignoring/covering up every other factor.

Apparently not. She's been throwing around the same argument for hours despite it being shot to pieces on multiple occasions.

"Shot to pieces"? Don't make me laugh. The only counterpoints I've faced so far are "they look the same" and "Electivire wasn't revealed until much later", and then your baseless opinion that they "have to start showing them off somewhere".

I'm shooting everyone else's arguments to pieces with logic and and yet they are being completely ignored purely because Mamanbo is a pink, vaguely heart shaped fish. That's why I have to keep repeating myself.

And rockinpikachu, stop saying that I'm ignoring other posts. I can only post one thing at a time and by the time I'm done there are a multitude of new replies, I can't respond to all of them at once -_-

rockinpikachu said:
lol, fail. What else is there too know about them!

I was just saying because all the other Gen5 released pokemon are on that page just not them. Also the swan and pidgeon are not related or do not seem to be as then do not share the same bubble like the Munna and Musharna

Tarazuma said:
Yes I WOULD expect them to only show new ones. HE SAID THAT HE WANTED IT TO BE A BRAND NEW EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE. He DOES want the game to be a surprise, he freaking said it himself. He said he wants people to play the game and say "wow, what's that pokemon?"

They do not "NEED" to start showing off new evos for old Pokemon at some point during the PRE-RELEASE. The only one they even showed in the D/P pre-release was Electivire, and that's because he was featured in the anime as Gary's pokemon, it was a major thing apparently. Luvdisc is so totally random and has NO reason to be promoted in the pre-release material.

I may not have an 100% confirmation that they "have not already begun to show new evos for old Pokemon" but you likewise have no confirmation that they HAVE. However, the difference is, my theories are based on logic, critical thinking, analysis of past events, and drawing reasonable conclusions based on all factors. Whereas you and everyone else are basing it soley on the physical similarities of Luvdisc and Mamanbo and ignoring/covering up every other factor.

Apparently not. She's been throwing around the same argument for hours despite it being shot to pieces on multiple occasions.

"Shot to pieces"? Don't make me laugh. The only counterpoints I've faced so far are "they look the same" and "Electivire wasn't revealed until much later", and then your baseless opinion that they "have to start showing them off somewhere".

I'm shooting everyone else's arguments to pieces with logic and and yet they are being completely ignored purely because Mamanbo is a pink, vaguely heart shaped fish. That's why I have to keep repeating myself.

And rockinpikachu, stop saying that I'm ignoring other posts. I can only post one thing at a time and by the time I'm done there are a multitude of new replies, I can't respond to all of them at once -_-

Well if you'd get your facts straight for more than a minute at a time you wouldnt make posts that make you look foolish, then you wouldn't have a multitude of new replies.

The only way your "logic" would hold up is if the person which you are using it on is blind. There are far too many similarities for it to be 100% not his evo. I'd like you to hit up my post about a Sableye evo while your at it. I'd like to see your word on it XD.

Weyard said:

I could keep going....

XD
As i've stated two times before on this thread it's the national bird of this generation and all national birds have the same colour scheme. Swana Mamepeto= Different colour schemes.

You guys are so funny, you are sometimes debating and talking about a pokemon evolving into another, but they don't look the same at all. I've seen peoples talking about denchura being related to Ariados, the Swan being related to Wingull and of course Munna being related to Drowzee. All of those evolutions makes no sense AT ALL.

But when finally, a pokemon clearly looks the same as another, you cannot admit that there is BIG chances that it's related to an old pokemon.

Weyard said:

I could keep going....

XD

I couldn't have said it any better :D

Mawynautile said:
I was just saying because all the other Gen5 released pokemon are on that page just not them

Sorry u need too be more specific.
But, yeah it's nothing important but why aren't they

So does this kinda confirm the swan as Mamepato's evo? Its abilities are Keen Eye/Pigeon Heart right?

i think it is luvdics evo because it might be one of those pokemon to where when you look on the pokedex it might say "pokemon cant be found" and you have to wait till you get the national dex to acutaly evolve luvdisc and get its evo.

~Blastoise91~

Back