(2) BW Rule Changes, Set and Theme Deck Lists [4/4]

@ Banditkeith. I highly doubt that it will lock all of them. With Tomb, Vilelock and when Gothitelle comes out, it will most likley read like this:

"As long as Gothitelle is in the active position, your opponent can not play any Item cards from his/her hand." Otherwise your right it would be broken.

My reasoning for this is because all trainer cards will be called Item cards.

Roarkiller said:
Blue_Horizon said:
Well there has been some discussion on this at the gym, and most likely Umbreon will be able to block powers, bodies and abilities, because they are similar to the Pokemon Powers to bodies/powers shift from Ex-DP onwards. So Umbreon will still be great.

And Entei Raikou will not become binder fodder, there are still a huge number of pokemon with only powers or bodies. So far only 6 or so have the new 'abilities', so it will be a while before abilites outnumber powers/bodies and become more significant.

Wrong on both point. While the first is debatable, remember that thesplit was originally done simply to differentiate pokemon power that are always "on" and those that need to be activated.

Abilities are a whole different mechanic. Think of it as a split between stadiums and trainers.

On the other, the reason ERL was so huge was because of the prevalence of the pixies. Particularly in gyarados/regigigas where having all three on the bench is rather common (excluding regice), ERL practically destroys them. Post-rotation, however, very few powers remain that are critical in every deck, bar magnezone, who will climb up the ranks real quick, as well as ninetales in fire decks. And neither one fall from one hit. Maybe if zekrom becomes the metagame you could hit pachi and shaymin, but still.

You're right, the first is debatable, and we won't know until TPCi releases official rulings for Umbreon UD in particular. You can't say with certainty that Umbreon will get nerfed, there is still a chance that it won't.

As for ERL, Magnezone prime will not be the only seen pokemon with a power, you are forgetting a few very key primes that will only get better with the removal of SP/gyrados/donk/machamp/everything SF:
Kingdra Prime, Machamp Prime, Typhlosion Prime, Gengar (Curse), and Magnezone. Plus if the format is RR-on, which is highly likely, and probably more so than HGSS-, then Garchomp SV, Nidoqueen, Luxray and Charizard also re-enter the fray, Garchomp and Luxray to a much lesser extent, but you get my drift. ERL will probably see usage as a tech to counter some decks. Although it is weakened that it can't OHKO anymore, spreading 80 damage around is always nice.

On the bright side, being able to use Trainers and Supporters first turn means you won't have to start a lone unown q anymore.

Of course if you go second with just unown q you're screwed. Oh well, they should just fix donks so that it reads if you have no more pokemon at the end of your turn on the board you lose.

Then everything will be better.

either way with the new rules or old rules, someone is going to end up using trainers and supporters second.
this just speeds up the game. its not that big of a deal. its like the person who loses the coin flip now goes first.

Great a 3 deck format, you guys may hate our format right now but srsly it's basically the 2008 format(dominated by G&G) but now it's LuxChomp. Our new format looks something like this-
Sableye/Uxie Donk decks

Spiritomb based Decks(i.e.)

Dialga G Based decks

Also anyone know which stage two starters are in the decks, the really good ones(Emboar w/ the fire ability) or the bad ones?

Are you guys talking about this attack? "During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects, including damage, done to Umbreon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon that has any Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies."

If Umbreon is facing a Pokemon with a Power or Body printed on the card then they can't damage Umbreon. If they have any Ability then they can damage Umbreon. Or am I missing something?

WPMs right. Pokemon with abilities can still affect Umbreon, and do damage to it.

Well... smoke em' if you got em'. This metagame's going down.

I never did care for most of the rule changes. I did like the "Rare Candy" addition, but they could not have given it to us at a worse time. They're basing the rule changes that were made for what might as well be an completely different game (The JP System) and blindly assumed that they would work with the American system. Really, the next sets are going to determine weather or not the game breaks or not. With everything that's happened, if they bring something even remotely like Sableye (Though, to be fair, is doubtful), everyone and their grandmother will use it. It wouldn't be that far fetched to have a metagame based around a single deck.

Or they could add a new rule change saying that If your Opponent only has one Pokemon remaining your Active Pokemon can't attack until they have another Pokemon on their bench. Better than banning Sableye SF I guess which is going to be rotated out in 4 months.

Something need to be done though cause these new rules like it was mentioned on PokeGym are more suitable for Japan's HGSS-On format and putting them in our MD-On format is suicide cause they forgot about the power creep from Diamond/Pearl Stormfront as well as Platinum Base Set with SP's.

There needs to be a Mid-Season Rotation to HGSS-On or Rising Rivals-On and soon. You think anybody here is going to wait 4-5 months for the TCG to get back to normal despite these changes not effecting Regionals and Worlds this year? I'd be surprised If we have a Worlds this year after what happened in Japan last month with that cascade of disasters that took place there.

The changes won't be in effect until after Regionals (which means it will be the last tournament before these take place). All the ones after Regionals will have them (Battle Roads, Nationals and Worlds).

dmaster out.

Wait, what if they did an errata of Sableye's Overeager Pokebody and make it say that you go first, but you cannot play any Item cards. That would stop Sabledonk...

wow im just surprised they are putting the rulings out for black and white kinda fast.i was thinking they would wait abit long but guess not.

Wow. A lot of news. I like the new cards in todays update. If those are the new B/ W cards there is alot there for the first of the series of cards and it looks like the theme decks will be awesome as well. I have not been able to get cards for almost a year now. I hope I can get more soon.:)

ogeray said:
either way with the new rules or old rules, someone is going to end up using trainers and supporters second.
this just speeds up the game. its not that big of a deal. its like the person who loses the coin flip now goes first.

are you kidding me?! ok, you say that when you get get turn 1 donked because you didnt call a coin right.

Muddy68 said:
Wait, what if they did an errata of Sableye's Overeager Pokebody and make it say that you go first, but you cannot play any Item cards. That would stop Sabledonk...

either way. like what J-Wittz say's if these rules apply it is all going to come down to a coin flip. in fact even if it is RR-on people are just gonna play collector + begging door and ripple swell first turn if they run arceus (which i bet people will if it is RR-on) and not just that. beedrill g will still be in the format if it is RR-on. turn 1 40+ anyone?
and let us not forget about zekrom. with pachirisu you get turn 1 120.

I HATE THESE NEW RULES. MOSTLY FOR MD-ON (supporter and ability rules are stupid in the long run anyway)

This set feels like DP to me. Not sure why, it just looks too basic and bleh.

Blue_Horizon said:
Roarkiller said:
Blue_Horizon said:
Well there has been some discussion on this at the gym, and most likely Umbreon will be able to block powers, bodies and abilities, because they are similar to the Pokemon Powers to bodies/powers shift from Ex-DP onwards. So Umbreon will still be great.

And Entei Raikou will not become binder fodder, there are still a huge number of pokemon with only powers or bodies. So far only 6 or so have the new 'abilities', so it will be a while before abilites outnumber powers/bodies and become more significant.

Wrong on both point. While the first is debatable, remember that thesplit was originally done simply to differentiate pokemon power that are always "on" and those that need to be activated.

Abilities are a whole different mechanic. Think of it as a split between stadiums and trainers.

On the other, the reason ERL was so huge was because of the prevalence of the pixies. Particularly in gyarados/regigigas where having all three on the bench is rather common (excluding regice), ERL practically destroys them. Post-rotation, however, very few powers remain that are critical in every deck, bar magnezone, who will climb up the ranks real quick, as well as ninetales in fire decks. And neither one fall from one hit. Maybe if zekrom becomes the metagame you could hit pachi and shaymin, but still.

You're right, the first is debatable, and we won't know until TPCi releases official rulings for Umbreon UD in particular. You can't say with certainty that Umbreon will get nerfed, there is still a chance that it won't.

As for ERL, Magnezone prime will not be the only seen pokemon with a power, you are forgetting a few very key primes that will only get better with the removal of SP/gyrados/donk/machamp/everything SF:
Kingdra Prime, Machamp Prime, Typhlosion Prime, Gengar (Curse), and Magnezone. Plus if the format is RR-on, which is highly likely, and probably more so than HGSS-, then Garchomp SV, Nidoqueen, Luxray and Charizard also re-enter the fray, Garchomp and Luxray to a much lesser extent, but you get my drift. ERL will probably see usage as a tech to counter some decks. Although it is weakened that it can't OHKO anymore, spreading 80 damage around is always nice.

regarding umbreon UD it clearly says on the card "pokepowers and pokebodies" and in the B/W rulebook "Abilities have no connection with pokepowers and pokebodies" or something along those lines and IF the format is RR up, wich no one knows for certain, than commonly there will be combos of abilities and pokepowers pokebodies so umbreon UD wouldnt be great but still good against several different cards

I dnt understand what the big deal is about sableye. These rules only affect the first turn. So if sableye doesn't get the donk then your basically running a straight sableye deck. Which is garbage. SP still destroys. If sableye goes against a SP and the SP has two basics...sure there is seeker but then they would have to be able to get a special dark, expert belt, and crobat without using collector. Uxie donk is garbage now cuz you discard plus power after use now.

so which of the starter cards is in the theme decks? the ones with the abilities, or the ones without the abilities? or 1 of each?

Edit: just saw, so it is 2 of the starters that came in the boy/girl starter decks. That sucks. i was hoping that the theme decks would have the ones with abilities.

Back