(2) 'CoroCoro' and 'Pokemon Sunday' Reveal New Pokemon's Silhouette! [2/6]

Xous said:
Well... This is the best I can manage at this time. xP Probably just going to wait until it's revealed before making any more art of this thing... Can't wait to see how wrong I turn out to be. xD

Gen5PokemonZXousFinalA.png

Luffy immpresion: SUGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! *_* I WANT THIS!!!! <3 but...he can look more cool |D I want sugoooooi werewolf-san :3

Xous said:
Well... This is the best I can manage at this time. xP Probably just going to wait until it's revealed before making any more art of this thing... Can't wait to see how wrong I turn out to be. xD

you win xD that is simply awesome.

The new pokemon is definitely a Mightyena evo. Mightyena is even in the middle of the image on the bag. And what will mightyena do in the movie? Its a pokemon that does not belong to ash, and it was never featured in the commercial.

This new pokemon looks pretty cool:), I hope it's the evolution of lucario because it's one of my favourite pokemon:p[/font]

hellmetal789 said:
you win xD that is simply awesome.

awesome:p

Xous said:

Can I have your autograph, Ken Sugimori?

Xous said:

While I think the over-all design is pretty spot on, I have to say I disagree with the colours. Looking at that, it could easily be an evolution of either Lucario or Mightyena, and which is it varies the colours - adopting the colour scheme of either of the latter (as both of them are primarily two colours). Although, the midsection especially, inclines me to believe it is related to Lucario.

Remember what WPM said on the main site? It might not be 'Z'.

I'm really not sure. Though I'm thinking maybe an entirely new pokemon. (not every pokemon that looks alike is in the same evolution guys! Look at Dragonair and Lapras! They look like an evo more then dragonite!)

You know, I bet the guys at pokemon are reading all of this and just laughing their back-ends off. "Over her guys! Now they think it's a ------! They're all wrong! It's a -----!" -_- Why must they torture us for two more weeks? @_@

Gizmi-chan said:
You know, I bet the guys at pokemon are reading all of this and just laughing their back-ends off. "Over her guys! Now they think it's a ------! They're all wrong! It's a -----!" -_- Why must they torture us for two more weeks? @_@

xD It's gotta be fun to be part of GameFreak when it comes to silhouettes and fan speculation. They're sitting on top of so many ideas that they simply haven't released yet. I really respect their ability to stay so quiet about everything they've got planned for the future, especially when it comes to designs for new Pokémon.

Hey everyone, awesome fan art, I've created a contest on Youtube for people to post they're bets guesses as to what this new Pokemon will look like and I would love for some of you to enter it!
Here is the contest video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYVl17JWhlY

Thanks and good luck

I am not going to put forward my ideas on what it is, but I will point out Nintendo having a history for leaking pokemon ahead of game releases in thier movies: Recall, if you will, the FIRST movie (as my example, it's perfect), where the mini-movie starred Marill, and the feature itself showed a Donphan, long before the games themselves were released. Note the fact that they had absolutely nothing to do with the actual storyline of Mewtwo's cloning etc, and yet were leaked in that movie anyway.

Thinking along this line, it's easy to assume that this new pokemon could be an evolution of, say, Mightyena, or a new pokemon, etc, without it needing to have anything to do with the actual storyline (much like WPM mentioned, this pokemon was not specifically marked as the "Z"pokemon).

In fact, we may see more new pokemon in this movie than this "Z"pokemon, this mystery pokemon we are currently ga-ga over, or any new forms (as it was speculated that Celebi might get a new form in this movie from some new merchandise marked as celebi (?)... Yet to have that confirmed as far as I know.)

As for me, I hope this movie leaks several of the new pokemon, but leaves enough mystery to keep the games interesting (I mean, what fun is it knowing every pokemon in the next gen before the games are even released?)

Also, can't wait for more coro-coro scans and next week's pokemon sunday, since leaks dont have to be confined to this one pokemon, now do they?

Xous said:
Gizmi-chan said:

xD It's gotta be fun to be part of GameFreak when it comes to silhouettes and fan speculation. They're sitting on top of so many ideas that they simply haven't released yet. I really respect their ability to stay so quiet about everything they've got planned for the future, especially when it comes to designs for new Pokémon.

they probably have like thousands upon thousands drawn up that will never see the light of day.

Back