(2) New BW English Names, 'Black' and 'White' American Release Date - March 6th! [12/27]

I'm satisfied with the new names -- I only with Sandile would've been Crocodune! Oh well, there's always nicknaming or possibly the name of an evolution.

I like Klink, but I'm afraid they'll name it's evolutions Klank and Klunk. :p For some reason, I honestly think it's a possibility.

Weird... how is "Juniper" a bad name for a Prof.? + I love Klink! It sounds just a lot better than Gear XD

Btw. I think "Juniper" sounds really great, because, IMO, its really a femnine name. It reminds me of that cartoon called "Juniper Lee" :3

Lol I was thinking the same thing about Juniper Lee.

This is a no-brainer, but I'm happy that they managed to keep "Black City" and "White Forest". I mean, hey- for all we know they could've ended up naming them "Mystical City" and "Mysterious Forest" :rolleyes:

The naming's not bad, my only issues lie with Mamepato and Gear. Mamepato's not a pygmy dove and Gear is just unnecessary in my opinion. I don't mind Klink, I'm just bothered by 'change for the sake of change', rather than for actual localization.

Wow. can't wait for Black and White. The sound track and graphics are amazing. I never though the DS had that much graphic pixels and power to handle those graphics. They are epic XD.:)

I expected Araragi to be Yew, but Juniper's fine with me. Gear deserves such a lame name for a lame Pokemon. I like the name Sandile and the only names I can say I don't like are Dalmation/daruma/whatever, Blitzen/pretzel, and Pidove.

Professor Araragi: Professor Juniper - Okay.. That's.. Interesting.
Hiun City: Castelia City - Sounds pretty cool.
Chillarmy: Minccino - What the heck happened here? Mince meat?
Gigaith: Gigalith - Good name. I like this Pokemon and the name.
Munna: Munna - Yeah.. That's not that bad either.
Hihidaruma: Darmanitan - Reminds me of dalmatian. Not that great.
Meguroc: Sandile - Not that bad. Crocodune woulda been sweet.
Mamepato: Pidove - Diligeon would have been beast. This is a bad name.
Shimama: Blitzle - Uhh. Not that great either.
Gear: Klink - That's more creative then Gear.
Encourage ability: Sheer Force - Good
Overconfidence ability: Moxie - Yes let's drink some moxie shall we?
Pigeon Heart ability: Big Pecks - I don't think Pidove has big pecks, but okay.

It'll be interesting to hear everyone mispronounce Pidove. I'da preferred Zapra for Blitzle, but whatever.

Also, WPM, on Blitzle's page, the Wild Bolt move is revealed as Wild Charge.

^ Yeah, people are sure to pronounce Pidove like Pi-doh-veh

And I agree with Klink being more creative instead of Gear.

This is truelly amazing. I love the names, and the release date is so early!! Castella city is an awesome name.

I am really intrested in the names. Only have problems with blitzle and hihidaruma's names.

I'm a bit disappointed with the names. Unlike Oak, Birch, or Rowan, Juniper doesn't sound like a name... and "Sandile?" lolwut?

Wow...Big Pecks? Really bad pun.

Professor Juniper sounds pretty and Darmanitan is cool, though.

Oh, and if the names for Gear's line end up being Klink/Klank/Klunk, I will LOL.

Personally, I'm actually kinda ticked off about the release date being March 6th, as it's 2 days before the release date of another game I have preordered (Dragon Age II). Sure it's earlier than previous Pokemon game releases, but....they're making me go down to Gamestop 2 days in a row (as I'm going to the midnight launch for DA-II)! *sigh* :(

I guess i'll be pre-ordering these games along with the 3DS. I have to say i love the names, just cant wait until the entire list is revealed.

I like Moxie and Sheer Force, but Big Pecks is a really lame pun. How do I pronounce Pidove? Pie-dove?

Pi- as in pigeon

dove as in... dove

Back