(2) New BW English Names, 'Black' and 'White' American Release Date - March 6th! [12/27]

The box art is still a little, bad, to me

Isn't it the same as the Japanese box art? Unless that was bad to begin with.

(I do think it's bad tbh. I really liked the stylised art in HGSS and was dismayed they went back to photoshopping a sugimori stock art on a plain BG. Any GFX artist could do that in 5 minutes )

XieRH said:
(I do think it's bad tbh. I really liked the stylised art in HGSS and was dismayed they went back to photoshopping a sugimori stock art on a plain BG. Any GFX artist could do that in 5 minutes )

I agree completely. The HGSS boxart was so refreshing, and then we get this. It's just a minor complaint, but it's like one of those things where you just have to think 'really?'

Ugh, Mincinno for Chillarmy and Blitzle for Shimama are probably the only two English names that I REALLY have a problem with. I mean, what was wrong with Chillarmy? I mean, where's the word chinchilla in Mincinno anyways? D: And Blitzle... Wow. Blitzle? Is that REALLY what they went with? What's wrong with Zapra or Zebolt? Those guesses were absolutely perfect. =/ Ah, well. Maybe their evolution names will be a little better...? Lol, NoA is being completely unpredictable with these names. I'm hoping for Klank and Kachink for Klink's evolution names. xD

Well for meowth and growlithe those are the sounds they make i don't think chinchilla's go "Minci". At least some letters from chinchilla are in it. That's what makes it fit kind of.

Juniper is also a tree continueing the trend of pro being a named after a tree but theres a folk lore story about this tree, about reborning things a new, so thats awesome

AadmM said:
I can't wait to hear what Klink's evolved forms will be called now. Klunk? Klank? Kachink? There's some good potential there
I like your suggestions. The confusion over Black & White release date has ended. The movie on March 4 makes sense.

Actually after research i agree best wishes should be in the US on March 4th, hey i guess australia will have this games in may or june judging my other releases.

"Minccino" " Chincilla" That's the relation I see. But for the rest I don't know. Mincinos is romanian for "dishonest" but that's a real stretch.

I like the names, I lol'd at big pecks. xD Oh NoA with your puns. Only one I really don't like is Pidove. It's just boring. Sandile reminds me of sundial xD And I would absolutly love if Klink's evolutions are Klank and Klunk. It would be like Abra, Kadabra and Alakzam.

Pi-Dove
519pidovecopy2.png
pidove.png

Wouldn't that only work as a joke if the first syllable was pronounced "pie" (IPA: /paɪ/)? I think it's pronounced "pee" (IPA:/pi/)

I like all the names so far, they were pretty unexpected though.

Minccino makes me want coffee for some reason. Cute name though.

I like all the names. They are the English names! In the next 6 months or so they will sound completely normal to everyone!

Eager to see how Luvdisc's presumed evolution will be named.

Now, we have the Distribution dates for the Shiny Beasts, and a Black and White release date. All we need now is an annoucement for the Celebi event. Seeing the Ash's Pikachu ends on February 5th, and Shiny Suicune ends on February 6th, and Black and White come out on March 6th, Celebi will be distributed anytime from February 12th to March 5th.

We've got Dancer and Prancer and Donner and...Blitzle?

If Klink is the English name for Gear...I wonder what it's evolved form's name is gonna be.

Back