2012? What do you think? Is it true?

2012 claim?

• True.

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • False.

Votes: 99 90.8%

• Total voters
I would believe that Chuck Norris was not invinicble before I believed the world ends in 2012, and everyone knows Chuck Norris isn't turning un-invincible anytime soon.

No. THE WORLD WILL NOT END IN 2012. Here is why:
Scientists are epic fails when interpreting that stuff. Mayan calender is made in 1000 segments, each a thousand years long. We are just finishing our first segment, so we are NO WHERE near here. The world will end about 5.5 billion years from now(approximately), when the star becomes a red giant, expands, consumes the Earth. They have misread it, and are not realizing that we are not going to end in 2012. Its a clever thought, tho...

You're misinterpreting what the Mayan Calender is suggesting. It is not advocating that the world will end, rather that human kind will end in 2012. Basically, if I remember correctly, they said that the Earth's species have been wiped out four or five times.

Deoxys, don't spam.

Well, in any case, if it happens, so be it. At least I will no that I went to nationals(next years plan, lol). So in any case, let it come!

I'm surprised I found this info while looking around for water crystal pics.
It's some info on 2012 and why the world isn't going to end according to the mayans (As so many misinterpreted it).

http://www.hado-energie.nl/year2012.php

That's a very interesting article. I suppose a better term for this would be, "The beginning of the end."

That article was very interesting. It's the longest thing I've read all summer ~_~

It definitly changed my persepctive on the 2012 theory of most people...

Pandamore said:
That article was very interesting. It's the longest thing I've read all summer ~_~

It definitely changed my perspective on the 2012 theory of most people...

Lol, is that a bad thing? Long reads? I hope not, not when it's as informative as this 1.

Could you tell in what way it changed your perspective?

I for one would be glad if what that article said/ the correct interpretation of the mayan legend coming true. You can just look at the US to see where greed got us (hint: it wiped out almost an entire race, and destroyed many cultures).

If the world gets transformed, so be it. If the world gets destroyed, so be it. Just because you know when you are going to die shouldn't change how you live. It should tell you that if you are worried about death to much that you should live your life instead of cowering in fear.

My perspective in a short version of it. And the article was a good read as well.

This is a load of dumbness.

The world isnt coming to an end just like that. The Mayans may have predicted that, but who were they to dictate how the world will end? If they were that good at predicting things, they wouldnt have disappeared the way they did.

Will the world end? Yea, but when that happens, the human race will be long gone. Its not something we should worry about,not only because it will take so long, but also because we have no control over it.

ShineVini said:
This is a load of dumbness.

The world isnt coming to an end just like that. The Mayans may have predicted that, but who were they to dictate how the world will end? If they were that good at predicting things, they wouldnt have disappeared the way they did.

Will the world end? Yea, but when that happens, the human race will be long gone. Its not something we should worry about,not only because it will take so long, but also because we have no control over it.

....again, check your facts. There are still a handful of survivors though a lot of them perished at the start of the Nine 52 year Hells (Cortez)

Quoted from my link (You ought to read)
"With the indigenous calendars, native people have kept track of important turning points in history.
For example, the day keepers who study the calendars identified an important day in the year One Reed, Ce Acatal, as it was called by the Mexicans.
That was the day when an important ancestor was prophesied to return, "coming like a butterfly".
In the western calendar, the One Reed date correlates to Easter Sunday, April 21,1519 the day that Hernando Cortez and his fleet of 11 Spanish galleons arrived from the East at what is today called Vera Cruz, Mexico.
When the Spanish ships came toward shore, native people were waiting and watching to see how it would go.
The billowing sails of the ships did indeed remind the scouts of butterflies skimming the ocean surface.
In this manner was a new era initiated, an era they had anticipated through their calendars.
The Maya termed the new era the Nine Bolomtikus, or nine Hells of 52 years each.
As the nine cycles unfolded, land and freedom were taken from the native people. Disease and disrespect dominated.
What began with the arrival of Cortez, lasted until August 16, 1987 - a date many people recall as Harmonic Convergence."

Seeing that article, the world will change, but for the better or worse is how we decide to treat the planet.
So, the choice is in our hands how we want to go, not written in stone.

I honestly don't believe it at all. It's just being hyped up by the media.

We've had so many doomsdays I've lost count.

Lol, if the myans were so great at predicting the future, they should have seen their own demise coming? Did they? No. :p

Fridge said:
Lol, if the myans were so great at predicting the future, they should have seen their own demise coming? Did they? No. :p

They did predict the whole "white-bearded-man" (Cortez) business. :S

Back