(3) SP Tin LV.X Scans, PokeSun HGSS News, 'Platinum: Arceus' Booster Pack & Theme Deck Images [9/5]

Usagi said:
Wait... Nintendo went with a name from an unofficial manga? Either the manga was really official, or this is an extraordinary coincidence.
The Pokémon Company might have given the name to the mangakas early so that they could use official names in the HG/SS-manga, right?

Usagi said:
Also, Kotone is not Kris because their names are different? The evolution of a character bars that they change her name? (Or is someone so against the design of the "new" girl that they won't accept that they are the same character, and thus a needless drama continues?)

Considering Kris' Japanese wasn't Kotone, and the fact that they look nothing alike, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet to assume they aren't the same person. Why change the design of the character entirely and change the name if they're the same person? They didn't change Gold's design or name, why would they do it with Kris?

And, personally, I love Kotone. I don't see why people are so upset that a character who has no place in the games isn't present in them.

@FireMeowth:
They could have, though it would have been uncharacteristically generous of them.

@Xander:
I love Kotone, too. I ask these questions because I want to know what's going on. Regardless of what that is, Kris is no longer in the games, either because the game makers didn't like the character or her design. Kotone is in, Kris is out. There's nothing we can do but accept that. Or not accept that, and be cranky for a long time.

Usagi said:
@Xander:
I love Kotone, too. I ask these questions because I want to know what's going on. Regardless of what that is, Kris is no longer in the games, either because the game makers didn't like the character or her design. Kotone is in, Kris is out. There's nothing we can do but accept that. Or not accept that, and be cranky for a long time.

The main reason is because she no longer fits. Kris was made and designed specifically for Crystal. There is no Crystal this time, and since there was no female trainer in Gold and Silver, they had to make a new one. I know the logic follows for a lot of people that they should've just thrown her in regardless, but in all fairness, it really wouldn't have made sense. I really don't think it's anything at all "against" Kris or her design, it's just that the character no longer fit with the games.

Hmm, still no Tins at my Targets. I'm going on the search again in a few weeks. *Sigh*

The booster packs look cool, although they should've just put Arceus on all of them. Or at least not Zapdos. ._. All the rest of the products look cool.

As for the HG/SS news, I love that the running is permanent. It's about time. Hearing the water is a nice addition. And I don't really care for the mini-game Pokethlon news. :F

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
The booster packs look cool, although they should've just put Arceus on all of them. Or at least not Zapdos.
I hope you never find any SV tins and pull the crappiest things ever out of every pack you buy from now on. Now go suck a fish.

Shining Suicune said:
I hope you never find any SV tins and pull the crappiest things ever out of every pack you buy from now on. Now go suck a fish.

Lol I like Zapdos. It's just..not for a booster pack in this set. ;p

dmaster out.

Shining Suicune said:
Suck. A. Fish. >:[ HOW DARE YOU DENNIE ZAPDOS' GODLY POWAHZ!

Lol it's not a big deal. >__> I just want something with more importance like Gengar or Tangrowth. Zapdos is just too random.

dmaster out.

That's awesome. You know, I was hoping there would be a final Arceus-tin to mark the end of the Platinum-sets. I Guess my dream came true. <3

Water Pokémon Master said:
Hoping? I posted about that tin a long time ago. XD

You did? o_O
Must have missed that. >-<

Anyways, it's okay since I'm happy. Or something. Yaaay~

Usagi said:
@FireMeowth:
They could have, though it would have been uncharacteristically generous of them.

@Xander:

Probably going to turn Kotone into Kris in the official manga though. Due to obvious changes in Kris' design in the manga. In other things, she might just be Kotone, but as for Special, she'd be Kris xD So she might be Kris, but at the same time, not Kris.

Awesome new artwork on that card. It's officially my favorite artwork for Arceus cards now. D:

Also, thanks for mentioning the errors on the packs. They haven't gotten back to my product error email yet, but when they do, I'll be sure to share what they say, if it's worth hearing. xP

RE: (3) SP Tin LV.X Scans, PokeSun HGSS News, 'Platinum: Arceus' Booster Pack & Theme

Xous said:
Awesome new artwork on that card. It's officially my favorite artwork for Arceus cards now. D:

Also, thanks for mentioning the errors on the packs. They haven't gotten back to my product error email yet, but when they do, I'll be sure to share what they say, if it's worth hearing. xP

It'll probably be the only good thing to come out of the whole Arceus english release ._.

I'm still lolzing over the fact they have Ice Plate mandala on Water Plate artwork on the booster packs. The backwards jewel thing was atrocious but you'd think they'd get their colours right when doing pack art too but nooo.

Back