3DS Discussion Thread

Hey, it's this thread I can finally post in because I have a 3DS now :>

I bought Mario Kart 7, and it's pretty neat. I still haven't gone online yet - I'm trying to *** everything before I do. It's a shame that there exist these glitches that people will take advantage of, but what can you do? Nintendo has said they are aware of the glitches but have no intent on fixing them because that would give an unfair advantage to those who bought the game already, so we just gotta take it like it is.

I bought Super Mario 3D Land a few days ago and I'm really afraid I wasted forty bucks. I'm a little over four hours in, on world 7, and have all the Star Coins/Medals/Tokens/Thingies available thus far. :|

I'm still on the fence about buying Tales of the Abyss. It was a great game and I know I'll get tons of hours out of it, but I played the PS2 version and beat that, so... Do any of you know if there are any extras in the 3DS version, or if it's just a strict re-release?

Ditto for Star Fox Whatever and OoT 3DS.

PMJ said:
I'm still on the fence about buying Tales of the Abyss. It was a great game and I know I'll get tons of hours out of it, but I played the PS2 version and beat that, so... Do any of you know if there are any extras in the 3DS version, or if it's just a strict re-release?

Ditto for Star Fox Whatever and OoT 3DS.

Not sure about Tales of the Abyss, but I'd probably hold off on Star Fox until it can be found for $25 or so. OoT 3D is definitely worth $40.

Star Fox doesn't offer much over the original. Redone graphics, 3D, and wireless multiplayer. That's about it.

Yeah, OoT doesn't give much else either (pretty graphics, 3D, gyro controls), but it has Master Quest. Having both quests on one cartridge that isn't hard to find is great, for me at least. I didn't waste my money.

PMJ said:
I bought Super Mario 3D Land a few days ago and I'm really afraid I wasted forty bucks. I'm a little over four hours in, on world 7, and have all the Star Coins/Medals/Tokens/Thingies available thus far. :|

Well if it makes you feel better...
there are 8 special, harder worlds after the main game

PMJ said:

There's literally no additional content whatsoever. It's just a direct port with faster loading times.

don()shinobi said:
There's literally no additional content whatsoever. It's just a direct port with faster loading times.

Well that sucks. :x

Keyblade - I take it from your spoilered text that there is something for me to look forward to later on, so I'll just beat the game and see.

edit beat it. I see what they did there.

Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate...also, I forgot to mention, there's no multiplayer. It's exclusively single player. Which suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, but at least it's portable...

I had the 3DS got it last summer a Aqua one with Zelda Ocarina Of Time and Pokemon Black but After 2 months the 3DS stopped working and glitched got the money back but didn't bother getting another one

Yesterday at an anime convention I saw someone with a 3DS who accidently locked the 3D on his 3DS and he was complaining of eye pains because of it (the person he was cosplaying constantly plays games so he was playing with it all day to keep up his cosplay appearences), he showed me that his slider was broken and the 3D only worked on Pokedex 3D. I wanted to help him so bad but I had no idea what to do. (also it was very hard to hear him because of the clapping and cheering from the costume contest)

^ Huh.

Quick notice to anyone who's looking to get 3D Classics Kid Icarus: It's ONLY going to be available as a preorder for Uprising (i.e., it won't be on sale to everyone). I sent an email to Nintendo a few months ago, and that was their response. So do keep that in mind.

In that case, I'm glad I pre-ordered that like two months ago before the bonus was even announced. Huzzah!

It's a shame it's getting mixed reviews for its control scheme though. I figured it would be an awkward one when I first heard about it.

dmaster out.

Nintendo 3DS for 3-D gaming and now, 3-D music video watching
http://www.ingame.msnbc.msn.com/technology/ingame/nintendo-3ds-3-d-gaming-now-3-d-music-video-513097#/technology/ingame/nintendo-3ds-3-d-gaming-now-3-d-music-video-513097

Yippitee-doo! We can now play our Zelda game and listen to Death Cab for Cutie, all on our 3DSs. What else can it do? Bring a puppy back to life with it's camera?Eh... what we really need is another PS2 port, like Devil May Cry, or Silent Hill. That would make me so happy, being able to play as James Sunderland dying countless time at the hand of Pyramid Head while waiting for your mom to fill up the car with gas at the gas station. Or hacking through countless demons while stylishly saving the wold in a trademarked red coat while waiting for your sister to get out of ballet practice. OMG, that would be EPIC!

But it's in THREE-DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :O

You're right. That changes everything. You changed my opinion about this subject completely.

The ipod doesn't have great Nintendo games now does it I'm also pretty sure the 3ds has better control over just a touch screen all in all the ds is a game system not a music player so the music is just a plus and while its true the ipod plays games doesn't make it that much of a plus on its side

You can only get so far with jailbreaking, Yes you can get alot stuff but not everything that is available for the 3DS is for the Ipod plus , after a while it starts to mess up the Ipod.

Chariblaze said:
^ Huh.

Quick notice to anyone who's looking to get 3D Classics Kid Icarus: It's ONLY going to be available as a preorder for Uprising (i.e., it won't be on sale to everyone). I sent an email to Nintendo a few months ago, and that was their response. So do keep that in mind.

So I was half wrong about this. It won't be on the eShop (which was my question), but GameStop is selling it: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/dlc/3ds-classic-kid-icarus-dlc/99304

Back