(4) HeartGold and SoulSilver in CoroCoro, G/S Quiz, Video Game Showdown in Seattle [5/11-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: (3) HeartGold and SoulSilver in CoroCoro, G/S Quiz, Video Game Showdown in Seattle [5/11]

Xander said:
I like it, to be honest. I prefer Krys, but her role makes no sense for these remakes. It was a logical decision to create a new female character, and I don't really see much problem with it. She wears overalls, big deal. Dare we forget Misty, who wore boyish clothes, and yet is still the most popular female character from the anime?

Yes, I know anime =/= games. But that aside, the comparison stands. They both dress with somewhat boyish outfits, so why care about one and not the other?

Course, I still don't see why guys who play the games are concerned about the female character. I never understood why a guy would play a female, though, either..

xxashxx said:
Man this sounds pretty cool. I hope the tower will be a new addition and I hope the girls name will be release and I hope a full discription is given as well.:)

What tower? Sprout Tower has always been part of the game, as were Tin Tower and Brass Tower. If you're meaning Battle Tower, I wouldn't be surprised as it's been kind of set as a standard now.

Um oh yeah sorry. I did not know it was actually in the game because in the episodes that is where they met Morty. Well not actually but in that area. I have never played G/S so I don't know everything that will be in the games or was in the games. I never even thought about the battle tower being part of it. I hope they allow the use of items and uber Pokemon if they do.:)

RE: (3) HeartGold and SoulSilver in CoroCoro, G/S Quiz, Video Game Showdown in Seattle [5/11]

Vencargo said:
And if they don't re-adjust the locations of half the poke's (ex: in gold you couldnt get slugma till fushia city) well uh, idk, it'll just suck :(

I completely agree. What's the point of having "new" Johto Pokemon (Slugma, Houndour, Murkrow, etc.) if you cannot even find them in Johto?

xxashxx said:
Um oh yeah sorry. I did not know it was actually in the game because in the episodes that is where they met Morty. Well not actually but in that area. I have never played G/S so I don't know everything that will be in the games or was in the games. I never even thought about the battle tower being part of it. I hope they allow the use of items and uber Pokemon if they do.:)

It's cool, just wondered what you meant. Just an FYI, though. The Sprout Tower is located in Violet City, where Falkner is. That's the first badge, ZephyrBadge. You're just confusing that tower with the Tin and Brass towers, which are in Ecruteak, which is where Morty is.

Just thought I'd help you clear that up :)

Xander said:
Maybe it'll stop some of the older male players from drooling over images of a 10 year old anime girl for once.

That'd be nice.

Agreed.

Hey. Something else I just noticed.

If you look at the first scan, the one with the female trainer, and you look at the upper left picture showing Gold with Chikorita..

You'll see that the Touch Screen shows your Party, as well as actual pictures of the Pokemon rather than sprites. This is clearly an App similar to the one in DPP that showed you the health of your party Pokemon, but with a much better graphical appearance.

Edit: Okay, so I was a little off. It looked like Pokemon portraits, I swear. But this is even better, IMO. Touch Screen menu. Finally.

.. the senior match was good, that Marowak haxed so bad during that last bit.

If the Rock Slide missed or not crit/flinch, Snorlax would have sent Marowak to hail Britannia.

I forgot to post the footage but it's up now (if everyone hasn't already seen it on YouTube).

I love all the new art. The Ho-oh and Lugia art is awesome.

Also, the Girl trainer will take a little getting used to. I expected them to use Kris. Oh well.

Either the starter Pokémon only are OW (With the exception of the Pichu event.) or it's the first Pokémon in your party. I'm guessing the former.

you know it wouldnt be difficult to make all the pokemon tiny sprites that walk along with you
they have those sprites from the dungeon games do they not?
but who would really want a tiny groudon sprite following you around instead of a real groudon sized sprite?:p

The footage looks good. Wind, that's a pretty cool addition. There better be something new in every town. The in-game menu is probably the most convenient addition I've seen in Pokemon in a while. Very nice indeed.

dmaster out.

oukami said:
you know it wouldnt be difficult to make all the pokemon tiny sprites that walk along with you
they have those sprites from the dungeon games do they not?
but who would really want a tiny groudon sprite following you around instead of a real groudon sized sprite?:p

Actually, Groudon is only 2 feet taller then a Mamoswine. But not a small thing though

Oh. My. Gosh. Just look at that new Arceus artwork... *Dies*

I love how getting the Movie Arceus updates the stories in Canalave and (oddly?) the one told by a hiker in Oreburgh... Was the hiker always there, and I just missed him, or does he appear there after you get that Arceus?

he appears after you get the arceus

and demoV5 i didnt know that :p
ok how about a Wailord following you around? XD
its small enough when you surf x_x

xD hope that never happens, some Pokemon would be too much, Mamoswine included

i wouldnt mind having an absol :D thats what im hopeing for
i really like the pokegear that was a really cool part of the game
and maybe you can connect to wi-fi with the pokephone!

Xander said:
xxashxx said:

It's cool, just wondered what you meant. Just an FYI, though. The Sprout Tower is located in Violet City, where Falkner is. That's the first badge, ZephyrBadge. You're just confusing that tower with the Tin and Brass towers, which are in Ecruteak, which is where Morty is.

Just thought I'd help you clear that up :)

Oh yeah I did forget. I had the Crystal Players guide too but never got the chance to get G/S. I usually get the guides before the games but it did not happen that time. Anyway. I sure hope the Pichu Event will be part of our release as well because it would not be an event unless they did it here. XD.:)

Interesting Famitsu scans. It great to see some new screens shortly after CoroCoro.

And that's some excellent Arceus artwork, I'd kill for a high resolution version of that.

The second page, top left picture shows the female trainer in New Bark Town without a Pokémon.

Of course, this screenshot could be prior to her receiving the Pokémon from Professor Elm, but I'm hoping it's not, and is some proof that the annoyance of having something following me around in the game won't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back