(9) Lots o' News [11/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad paint job on that Samurott's face scares the living jeebus out of me. I've seen others painted normally, but that one's got human features and quite frankly it frightens me.

Not everyone want Arceus. I on the other hand want another Charizard card. I have not gotten one for nearly 5 years now. Mine I got from a friend so technically have not actually gotten one myself though.:)

Mizublue said:
Problem is, the rest of the world wants Arceus. None of those Pokemon have a chance of getting voted, so you might as well vote something super popular.

Well, it's worth a shot. There's actually a way to vote multiple times (Google incognito mode), so dedicated competitive players may actually be able to take on the nine-year-old Pokemon fans who vote for useless stuff.

GraveTheUndead said:
The bad paint job on that Samurott's face scares the living jeebus out of me. I've seen others painted normally, but that one's got human features and quite frankly it frightens me.

...That is creepy. Also, the faces of Emboar and Serperior don't look quite right for some reason.

Well, Pokemon cards are a bubble, cards only hold as much value as people think they hold. The bubble for Yanmega Prime just popped.

This news doesn't really affect me, as I have no plans on ever running a Yanmega deck, and I don't own one... but I guess in my case, this news is bad. I can't sell it for as much if I pulled one.

Why does Yanmega's price go down? Aren't World Championship cards not playable?

Mizublue said:
Problem is, the rest of the world wants Arceus. None of those Pokemon have a chance of getting voted, so you might as well vote something super popular.

We don't know that yet + I remember reading somewere that ditto accurally got secont place in Korea after Rayquaza. I hope Ho-oH wins thought, since Ditto might even show up in the new montain area that are released november 16th.. Otherwise it will probably be released in future expansions which seams to come out pretty fast now. Legendarys so far only seam to be released in these polls, which are held once per year(?).

I knew that google had an unusual deck, but...having no connections to the TCG whatsoever, I was genuinely surprised when I saw Suicune & Entei LEGEND.
Props to this google fellow.

Wow, a lot of news.

It's nice to see scans of the starter tin promos, as I haven't seen them before.

Interesting that the Zekrom/Reshirsm boxes' figures have bigger bases than the normal figures.

I don't normally buy World Championship decks, but I'm kinda tempted to pick up google' deck.

Pretty excited for the Prime Challenge boxes. If they wind up making two for every HS set, than goodbye Yamega, Machamp, and Tyranitar prices!

Do the Fall 2011 Starter Evolution Tins come with a code to get the promo online?

Okay, I took a second look at the theme decks and they aren't quite so bad. Furious Knights has 2 Elektrik and a Druddigan, which are cool and at least semi-playable, and Fast Daze has Accelgor and Leavanny which are at least okay. Oh, and Volcarona. I know it stinks, but I just love it's artwork. So cute!

Also, I want the Zekrom box just for the figure. :)

I got the Reshiram box the other day and my little brother got the Zekrom, I was quite surprised to see how big the Reshiram figure is - it's about 2-3x the height of the Oshawott figure. Now my Reshiboar deck has 4 Reshiram, each with different artwork (1x tin, 1x BW, 1x BW ultra rare, 1x Reshi collection). Now to get the final evo starter tins for the figures - and I still have to get the Snivy, Tepig and Zekrom figures T_T.

I'm loving the look of the final evolution figures, although Samurott's face does remind me of this.

As for the DreamWorld voting thing...vote Zapdos!

I feel bd for those that just confirmed trades for yanmegas.. But if you poke around on your own, you would have seen the news about a week ago. Just a few days ago I traded my mew prime for a yanmega prime and haxorus since we both knew yanmega was going to drop and mew is potentially a better card come mewtwo EX.

Riskbreakers said:
People are tired of making stupid names that just confuses people.

Anyway, theme decks are getting crappier and crappier by the set.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Furious Nights is the best Theme Deck ever!! Druddigon, and Fraxure, and Electross? Electross is a holo, and Druddigon has an ability! Not at all bad!!!

Has there ever been more news at one time? The page was almost full! Now I have to get back to reading all of that.

Zekrom Black said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Furious Nights is the best Theme Deck ever!! Druddigon, and Fraxure, and Electross? Electross is a holo, and Druddigon has an ability! Not at all bad!!!

I know. I really love the decks, especially Furious Knights. Why so much hate? I bought both decks just spite the haters (and get some NV cards early online).

The Decks: I already have all the cards that the WC decks had. There is not even codes for this (not that I expected that).

Prime Challenge Boxes: This is really great. I alwyas wondered how will they put out the Daybreak/Nightfall decks online and this is how. Buying both Undaunted ones. Skipping Triumphant because I hate that set, I'll go for the code on Yanmega.

Tins: They're priced $20! That's crazy. Good thing I got mine for under $50. Really enjoying these things. Great promos. Great figures. And a certain someone is really enjoying this.

Theme Decks: Awesome contents in both decks, IMO. Volcarona and Accelgor in Fast Daze. Durant, Eelektross, and Druddigon in Furious Knights. Good stuff. Like I said before bought both because I'm sick of the haters lashing out on these poor decks.

Voting: I pick Swinub (for female DW Swinub), doubt it will happen.

I don't remember which set it was, but there was this set whose preconstructed decks were "Steel Sentinel" and "Chaos Control." It immediately made me think of Sonic, as Dr. Robotnik's forces in Sonic SatAM (the one with Princess Sally and Antoine and all) were called Sentinels, and Chaos Control is Shadow the Hedgehog's signature ability.

In any case, I kind of dislike seeing portmanteaus for deck names. They have no creativity and they went cliché rapidly. So whenever I make a deck, I give it a pun for a name.

Mizublue said:
Why is nobody talking about the GL voting ._.

Anywhoo, EVERYONE VOTE DEOXYS. WE HAVE ENOUGH ARCEUS' ALREADY

I voted for Chikorita. I want a Leaf Guard Meganium, and I'll probably put it into a triple battle team. I don't think Chikorita will be coming out on top though.

xxashxx said:
Not everyone want Arceus. I on the other hand want another Charizard card. I have not gotten one for nearly 5 years now. Mine I got from a friend so technically have not actually gotten one myself though.:)

This is about getting Pokémon for the video games, not the card game, unless the second sentence is a total tangent from the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back