(9) Lots o' News [11/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen any store selling the Reshiram or Zekrom boxes for $16. Walmart and Target both have them for $20. Is there a site that shows that $16 is the suggested retail price so I can take it to walmart and get it for that price because of there low price guarantee?

JangoThorn said:
I have not seen any store selling the Reshiram or Zekrom boxes for $16. Walmart and Target both have them for $20. Is there a site that shows that $16 is the suggested retail price so I can take it to walmart and get it for that price because of there low price guarantee?

they claim you no longer need an ad, so tell them that frank and son collectables (in city of industry, CA) has them for $25 for the set of 2. But, cards are usually there via an independent source. Thereby being exempt from the price match. Good luck.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Bye Bye Yanmega's value. It is barely playable anymore anyways. As for the dreamworld thing, it is really cool, I have no idea what to vote for, probably something pointless, or Politoed, wait, that is also pointless.
Actually, Yanmega's value is still 40$...
Either way I think this challenge box will probably be out of stock on like 5 seconds.

So many awesome stuff coming out, not enough money to get them all. I actually bought the Reshiram box from Walmart yesterday even before WPM posted the news post. It was $20. >< But, the Reshiram figure is amazing; he looks heavenly :]

I also pulled out a full art Tornadus card from one of the packs :]

Pokefan4000 said:
I knew that google had an unusual deck, but...having no connections to the TCG whatsoever, I was genuinely surprised when I saw Suicune & Entei LEGEND.
Props to this google fellow.
I agree. I actually saw google at Worlds and he was a really cool guy. Whenever he was asked what he was playing, he said "secret deck". And because of his highly unusual build...everyone was rooting for him to win. He didn't win, but he got 2nd, and that in itself is amazing.
I'm glad to see google get honored in this way; he's a great guy with a great deck.

On a funnier note, two things I noticed:

This is the kind of Champion's deck that will put you in the zone!
And with heavy hitters like Donphan, Zekrom, and Suicune & Entei LEGEND to dish out some damage of their own, your opponents won’t be able to handle The Truth!
csi_miami_yeah.jpg

It's kind of interesting the Prime Challenge Boxes don't include anything from B/W-on, and by the transitive property have absolutely no new Generation V Pokémon. They'll still sell well for people after the Prime cards, but younger kids that can probably be bought off with "WHOA MOM IT HAS A HOLOGRAPHIC <latest generation's main legendary goes here>" won't care for it, not sure where the marketing thought went into doing it like this.

Wow, what a crayz busy time of year! All this TCG goodness (plus a new Zelda)!

For sure picking up The Truth--that's gotta be fun to play!

I'm undecided about Prime Challenge boxes. Might get one. Also, still don't understand the hype around Yanmega Prime. (noob)

The figurines are cool but my Samurott has creeper eyes. :/

Picked up the Reshiram box and pulled a FA Tornadus. Then traded some boosters for a FA Thunderus, and went home happy. :)

My rival and I each got a new theme deck yesterday and had a battle *without* editing the decks. Sadly, my Furious Knights lost to his much quicker Fast Daze 6-2 (prize cards). :(

I'm going to San Francisco tomorrow to celebrate my birthday, I hope I can get my hands on the Emboar figurine.

Awww... I typed my Christmas list too early...:p Those prime boxes are just plain awsome. Any Prime is fine with me. (especially since my Steelix got dented in a little mis-hap with my card holder.) As for the voting on the PGL, I voted for Jirachi. Please help him? Jirachi is just the cutest thing ever. I'm not as pleased with the League Promos. I liked the huge foil emphasis. And FOUR DVD's in ONE package!!!??? That is what I call insanely awsome. Jirachi Wish Maker is my favorite movie so far. Those tins... 5 packs + Promo + Figurine = ~ 23 Dollars? But the Samurott figure's face is scary...:(

Why is everyone hating on Samurott?! He's the BEST starter (including all reigons and all evolutions) and best non-legendary (only being beat by Zekrom) in my opinion. But lots of people probably hate otters. If you get the tin I bet the figure won' be bad at all! I'm going to, I was, but now I will mainly to prove haters wrong! I wish Noble Victories packs would be in the starter evolution tins, though. It's so close to the release why don't they? Mayebe futere tins will have them? I don't know, but I wish I could get Samurott tin with Noble Victories. I only have $30 for the TCG and I hope I can find the new tins at the regular $14.99. Has anyone seen them at this price? Also, what about the Noble Victories blister pack? How much is that? I'm looking into a Prime Challenge, one with Umbreon Prime (Umbreon is cool :p). But seriously, $20 for the tins? If anyone finds them for less, I'd love to know. I hope I can find them for $14.99 when I go looking for Noble Victories.

Vote For Latios!!! Join Team Latios!

If you're going to say that everyone hates Samurott, at least read why. Samurott is not a a bad card nor does anyone as far as I can tell dislike him for being an otter. They're disliking how unbelievably ugly his figurine is.

Zekrom Black said:
$20 for the tins? If anyone finds them for less, I'd love to know. I hope I can find them for $14.99 when I go looking for Noble Victories.

Troll and Toad has then for $13.99 or $14.99 (Emboar being the more expensive tin), if you don't mind buying them online.

Personally i'd prefer 'The Truth' to be called 'google's Deck' but I suppose n00bs wouldn't but them as much.
The only thing that annoys me is 'TWINboar'. It's not 'TWINboar' it's 'Magnaboar' and Reshiram isn't the main attacker like it said. Also Cleffa isn't the only way to start the decks like it implies.

Other than that everything seems pretty awesome and I'm thinking of buying google's deck and possibly the MegaZone as well.

guys, don't vote for your favorite pokemon! Vote for something useful like eevee (magic bounce espeon breeding ftw), or ditto! Just thought I'd point out that you're gonna wanna vote for something with a good hidden ability

Eevee is useless since all its evolutions have had their dw abilities released, and ditto is for the msot part useless too since it'll just be Uber as soon as its DW is released.

Dark Void said:
Eevee is useless since all its evolutions have had their dw abilities released, and ditto is for the msot part useless too since it'll just be Uber as soon as its DW is released.
Ik, but if you read my post, eevee breeding ftw. (It's so people can get good natures on magic bounce espeon)
EDIT: Even if it will be uber, ditto actually has a hidden ability making it mor euseful than arceus or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back