All 64 “Paradise Dragona” Main Set Cards Revealed!

I can understand why people feel let down but I like it a more than "here's your dragon set, we have Rayquaza, Dragonite, Garchomp and somehow Charizard"
I would have been super hyped for a set like that. I'd be awaiting the Rayquaza ex SIR with bated breath.

definitely not what i though this set was gonna be but hoenn lovers (me) are having a great time rn between the lati@s, castform, and vibrava??? still waiting on a flygon art rare of some kind but this will do for now haha

Am I the only person who is pretty underwhelmed by this set? Keep in mind I'm not a collector I'm a player but I feel like we got nothing in this set that's going to make much impact. Maybe Duraludon could help Metal type accelerate energy but I'm just not impressed overall. I thought being a Dragon set would give us a strong Dragon or two but I guess we do already have some in the format. Hopefully the next set gives us some cards to make Surging Sparks worth our time

It makes me so excited for Surging Sparks. I was born in 2000, which happened to be a Year of the Dragon, as well. So this set resonates with me. Also, I noticed that in the translation section, Braviary was put in twice, the same exact card. I can't wait! :) 🐉

Can't say I've been thrilled with recent trend of SIRs becoming glorified full arts. Archaludon/Loyal3/Pecharunt all lack certain creativity we have come to expect with these illustration rares. Archaludon is an actual bridge and the best they could do was stock photo with floating rocks...give me a break
I think the other ones are alright, they all kinda match together and they look even better in person, but this one looks even worse in the fact that it literally looks like the tapu koko FA with rocks and a drawn archualadon instead

Am I the only person who is pretty underwhelmed by this set? Keep in mind I'm not a collector I'm a player but I feel like we got nothing in this set that's going to make much impact. Maybe Duraludon could help Metal type accelerate energy but I'm just not impressed overall. I thought being a Dragon set would give us a strong Dragon or two but I guess we do already have some in the format. Hopefully the next set gives us some cards to make Surging Sparks worth our time
It's so crazy cause people for the last 2-3 sets have been saying that all the cards are bad and basically nothing is gonna see play, but the first time its actually the case no one is talking about it. Like the top 3 best cards are counter gain, latias ex and egg ex, which aren't even that good to begin with

Can't say I've been thrilled with recent trend of SIRs becoming glorified full arts. Archaludon/Loyal3/Pecharunt all lack certain creativity we have come to expect with these illustration rares. Archaludon is an actual bridge and the best they could do was stock photo with floating rocks...give me a break
Not to bring that discourse back but man the shrouded fable SIRs really do not belong with the others imho. I kinda understand people's points but they still look fantastic and miles miles better than any FA in existence

Quaxly's attack "Swallow Return" should be Aerial Ace, the move's english translation.

An underwhelming set to be honest. A set doesn't have to be full of meta shifting cards to be good; Incandescent Arcana is one of my favorite modern expansions and there's charitably five or six meta cards in that set. But a set still needs to show a variety of interesting cards and interactions. Exeggutor ex is a pretty interesting card, and I think Quaquaval and most of the other ex cards are neat. And who doesn't love Counter Gain. Other than those this set is just a bunch of whatever effects that've been done better before imo. My guess is that this set needed a little more time in the oven, but this was their last chance to get a small set out before the year of the dragon ended.

Last edited:
I'm shocked at how Dragon is getting no support in this set beyond the potion (unless I'm not seeing something). I almost get the impression that the card designers want to retire Dragon as its own type but know they can't because it's too marketable. Like it could have easily reverted back to Colorless (like people were speculating early in SWSH) and still retained the no weakness + double energy gimmicks; the only reason to keep them separate types would be to have more cards that interact with them as if they were a label mechanic.

Love the art in this set, though. And I also really dig how all 6 ex are dragons with 5 repping their other type.
Yeah, there's been sets before with way more Trainer support for Dragons despite only featuring one or two Dragons, yet when we get a set with a name that actually has Dragon in the name, there's almost no support??? We know these guys don't care already, but this is an especially high level of not caring to put effort into it

Wow, even though Dragon is my favorite type, I'd probably pass on this set. Honestly it could have probably been saved if Dialga and Palkia were ex's instead of regular cards, or if they made more of the dragon Pokémon in the set actual Dragon-type cards. I guess they were too afraid of giving Regidrago more toys to play with?
I think it was less of them being worried about regidrago, but more about trying to have a varied dragon set. All 6 ex cards are dragon (dragon adjacent at least with B kyurem) pokemon in the game. I think its great that they didn't take the easy way out and say "dragon set so all dragon go go go".

Wait is Lisia just a better Boss's Orders? Same effect but also confuses them so even if they can attack, it's a pain in the ass

I think it was less of them being worried about regidrago, but more about trying to have a varied dragon set. All 6 ex cards are dragon (dragon adjacent at least with B kyurem) pokemon in the game. I think its great that they didn't take the easy way out and say "dragon set so all dragon go go go".
Yeah and I'm hyped for the Archaludon ex SIR even though it's just Metal type. Latias ex SIR too, but to a lesser extent bc she's already had various alt arts and Dragon-type cards. If either of them was a Dragon-type card, it'd increase my hype tenfold. It's one reason why Raging Bolt grew on me and I now probably like it more than Gouging Fire

Back