Aegilish

Just for reference, I can provide these Scans;
Aegislash XY86 (Non PR)
Cloyster XY32
Venusaur-EX Full Art XY141
Simisage XY11
M Blastoise EX XY30

RE: 120+ 'XY' Scans [1/24]

I'm putting my cards into sleeves and pages now. I've left two empty spots for the Vivillon's but in terms of reverses were there any reverse basic energys? I don't recall seeing any at the pre-release.

At the prerelease I attended, there were quite a few Full Arts pulled. However, I did not see a single Emolga EX FA the entire day, which is strange considering I stayed for the main event as well as two booster drafts.

As for my pulls, I'd say I did pretty good. In my first six packs I got an Emolga EX, so nothing too great there, but at least it was an EX. I didn't base a deck around it, but I did go 3-0 with my pure colorless deck. In the two packs I received after the three rounds, I managed to pull a Blastoise EX, which I was very excited about.

Then I entered a booster draft, but didn't get anything notable in my packs, despite coming in second. In the second draft I entered, I hit the jackpot. I pulled another Blastoise EX in the second pack, and a Blastoise EX FA in the fourth pack. The last pack had a Greninja, so I wound up making a Water/Fairy deck with Mr. Mime as support. I managed to come in first, and won six packs since there were 14 people in this draft rather than the usual 8. In the prize packs, I pulled a Xerneas EX, which I quickly traded for a Skarmory EX FA. Overall, the prerelease was very good.

I see a lot of potential in many of the Trainers in this set, as well as the two mascot EX's, Yveltal and Xerneas.

DNA said:
"Hey guys; we're trying to sync up with the Japanese so we're writing 'opponent's Active Pokemon' instead of 'Defending Pokemon' on our attacks!
...JK LULZ"

They did that to clarify that the effect resides on the target of the attack, and not your opponent's Active Pokemon.

They did that to clarify that the effect resides on the target of the attack, and not your opponent's Active Pokemon.
I just facepalmed so hard that my hand is protruding out of the back of my skull. The opponent's Active Pokemon is the target.

Right, but it's for clarifying purposes. Otherwise, I could argue that if I hit my opponent with the attack, and he retreated to another Pokemon who had an ability, it would be shut off because the attack would say "Your opponent's Active Pokemon has no Abilities." By using the phrase "Defending Pokemon" for that attack, it eliminates wording issues.

DNA said:
I just facepalmed so hard that my hand is protruding out of the back of my skull. The opponent's Active Pokemon is the target.

9a9a8516_Epic20facepalm.PNG
Like this?

I saw M-Venusaur attack, and well..... they don't specify the new, so you only need to use 2 Switch or a Keldeo-EX with Float Stone and the effect is gone...

With Arbok.... it applies so it will remain (on the active Pokémon when it was used, not in the new one) even if you use a Keldeo-EX with Float Stone

Right, but it's for clarifying purposes. Otherwise, I could argue that if I hit my opponent with the attack, and he retreated to another Pokemon who had an ability, it would be shut off because the attack would say "Your opponent's Active Pokemon has no Abilities."
Except all effects are cleared when it retreats anyway. The terms "Defending Pokemon" and "opponent's Active Pokemon" are identical.

Admittedly, the Japanese scan of Arbok appears to say something completely different. If I had to guess, it rather says "the Pokemon hit by this attack". Not sure why they would deviate there. Still, that doesn't negate the point at all; why just change gears on Arbok of all things back to the old wording? There's no reason to.

Basically, if you switch the pokemon the move was used on, the effect stays on that one for the entirety of the period stated, no need to rudely facepalm at someone when you cant comprehend the wording.

ECHOxLegend said:
Basically, if you switch the pokemon the move was used on, the effect stays on that one for the entirety of the period stated, no need to rudely facepalm at someone when you cant comprehend the wording.

That's what I said.

DNA said:
Right, but it's for clarifying purposes. Otherwise, I could argue that if I hit my opponent with the attack, and he retreated to another Pokemon who had an ability, it would be shut off because the attack would say "Your opponent's Active Pokemon has no Abilities."
Except all effects are cleared when it retreats anyway. The terms "Defending Pokemon" and "opponent's Active Pokemon" are identical.

Right. I know that, and you know that, but it's worded like that to avoid a possible loophole in the wording. What I'm saying is that I could argue that the new Active Pokemon is subject to the attack's effects since the attack would target "your opponent's Active Pokemon" (as in, whoever is currently in that spot, and not who got hit with the attack).

PMJ said:
DNA said:

Right. I know that, and you know that, but it's worded like that to avoid a possible loophole in the wording. What I'm saying is that I could argue that the new Active Pokemon is subject to the attack's effects since the attack would target "your opponent's Active Pokemon" (as in, whoever is currently in that spot, and not who got hit with the attack).

But it doesn't say "the new active Pokémon". So it won't pass to the new one.

What I'm saying is that I could argue that the new Active Pokemon is subject to the attack's effects since the attack would target "your opponent's Active Pokemon" (as in, whoever is currently in that spot, and not who got hit with the attack).
Whoever is making that argument probably shouldn't be playing this game. With that logic, you could suggest that if Keldeo used Rush In to swap out a sleeping Active Pokemon, then Keldeo would go to sleep. Of course, you and I both know that's stupid.

My point is that there was absolutely no reason to change the wording back to this at all. So why would they? I don't claim to know why, and my post was merely pointing out the folly in that decision.

DNA said:
What I'm saying is that I could argue that the new Active Pokemon is subject to the attack's effects since the attack would target "your opponent's Active Pokemon" (as in, whoever is currently in that spot, and not who got hit with the attack).
Whoever is making that argument probably shouldn't be playing this game. With that logic, you could suggest that if Keldeo used Rush In to swap out a sleeping Active Pokemon, then Keldeo would go to sleep.

Not exactly. In that case, Keldeo isn't defending against anything, and the wording is still different from Arbok's attack.

I can't wait for my PR! I might be getting a booster box, (depending on availability) so if I can find my scanner and get it to scan in color I'll definitely be sending some scans in! (the last time I used it, it only did black and white scans :()

That was so fun. I decided XY would be the first set I actually play, and boy did I get a couple good pulls that sealed the tournament for me.

-Furfrou + Hard Charm served as the perfect wall to set up while also discarding energy.
-Full Art Venusaur? Yes, I will take advantage of my ridiculous beginner's luck.

Do we have a list of the missing 25 pokes? I might be able to scan some of these when I go to work tomorrow.

Im just curious if anymody knows the answer to this. Has anybody seen foil energy out of these packs? Obviously im looking for foil fairy energy but at the three prereleases I went to nobody got even a single foil basic energy. Im just trying to see if they are obtainable

Reverse basic energies have never happened in a set with common basic energy in the past, I don't see why this would change now. The first set of each... I want to say generation, but HGSS was a thing, and Platinum didn't have basic energy... Always has common basic energy. Which is fair enough, it gives (rather poor) access to energy to people that favour packs over decks, and quells any arguments over whether basic energies get rotated out if they're in no current sets (they're always legal even if they're not in a current set, but still).

Back