ALL 'XY' Scans [1/24]

PokemonTrader said:
What are the best cards in this set? :O

Imo, Greninja, Skarmory EX, M-Blastoise EX, Yveltal EX, Xerneas EX, Gourgeist, Tauros,, Professor's Letter, Shauna.

Scorched Feathers said:
>no Trevenant/Delphox/Aromatisse/Xerneas/etc
Those are also extremely good cards.

Top 5 (no order)
Yveltal (EX and non), Aromatisse, Xerneas (non-ex), Prof. Letter, Rainbow Energy

Trevanant does nothing this format when it gets one shotted by everything. The only reason Gothitelle was good was becasue of Accelgor. Now, Accelgor can't be good because of Virizion.

Emolga EX is bad, Skarmory EX is bad, gourgeist is meidocre at best, Greninja is very good actually, Tauros is meh

Notable card: Vivillon - 4 Energy cards + Silver Bangle OHKO's Darkrai. I'm not saying it's good, but we shall see.

Because everyone runs Virizion/Genesect. In fact, I think that will get real popular when we get a Fire themed set in the spring.

Skarmory is also bossin with the kling klangs and the item snipes and the two hit KO'S and the one retreat cost

Emolga however is a binder warmer until an electric deck will come along, and you know one will .

Why does XY lack common trainers like Switch, Potion, and Poke Ball? They were in every other base set.

8bitCelebi said:
Why does XY lack common trainers like Switch, Potion, and Poke Ball? They were in every other base set.

The "missing" ones are in the Kalos Starter Sets.

Is Rare Candy still errata'd? That is, you can't use it Turn One anymore, right? So many things I'm seeing that just shout "Look, I'd be a cool tech!" if you could use it immediately.

SotS said:
Is Rare Candy still errata'd? That is, you can't use it Turn One anymore, right? So many things I'm seeing that just shout "Look, I'd be a cool tech!" if you could use it immediately.
There has been nothing said that has suggested otherwise. So no, you still can't use it turn 1 or on a Pokemon that was just played.

Eron said:
Skarmory EX is bad

I hope one day you lose at a tournament because of Sigylyph Toolbox

I forgot Aromatisse. But Delphox? I don't think so.
Still, Scarmory EX is bad. Tooldrop isn't nearly as popular as it used to be: it has kinda lost its hype. Therefore considering this card soley for the purpose of countering tooldrop doesn't seem like a very smart choice. Skarmory doesn't even have a clear win against Tool Drop since it only discards the tools of the defending Pokemon. The only that it has going for it, is that it's a metal type which means it can go along with any Klinklang variant.

However Delphox has a LOT of potential. Its ability is basically a free Bianca each turn. With the possibilty to have this more than once on your bench. If that isn't enough its attack is the fire type version of Keldeo EXs' Secret Sword, which OHKOs any Virizion OR Genesect EX for 3 fire energies. Combine all that goodness with Inferno Fandango and a future hard hitting Fire type EX (Charizard EX/ M Charizard EX anyone?) and you've got yourself BDIF right there.

daoneandonly said:
However Delphox has a LOT of potential. Its ability is basically a free Bianca each turn. With the possibilty to have this more than once on your bench. If that isn't enough its attack is the fire type version of Keldeo EXs' Secret Sword, which OHKOs any Virizion OR Genesect EX for 3 fire energies. Combine all that goodness with Inferno Fandango and a future hard hitting Fire type EX (Charizard EX/ M Charizard EX anyone?) and you've got yourself BDIF right there.

>Fire-type attacker viable in format
>Keldeo EX in format

Pick one.

DNA said:
>Keldeo EX in format

Pick one.
However the meta isn't going to be that black and white (no pun intended). As I see it TPCi is forcing a meta with threeway of Grass-Water-Fire (With their respective Gen 1 Mega evolutions to hopefully go along with it) while Dark and Fairy also having a pressence.
It won't stop people to play Fire types because of Keldeo EX just like people haven't stopped playing Keldeo EX because of Genesect EX. I think the meta is and will be diverse enough to play something that has a counter.

daoneandonly said:
DNA said:
>Keldeo EX in format

Pick one.
However the meta isn't going to be that black and white (no pun intended). As I see it TPCi is forcing a meta with threeway of Grass-Water-Fire (With their respective Gen 1 Mega evolutions to hopefully go along with it) while Dark and Fairy also having a pressence.
It won't stop people to play Fire types because of Keldeo EX just like people haven't stopped playing Keldeo EX because of Genesect EX. I think the meta is and will be diverse enough to play something that has a counter.
I didn't get the non-intended pun.

Genesect EX avoiding Keldeo EX to be played?
It has never done that. Because Keldeo EX is not the only attacker in that deck, for example BKEX with Black Ballista. But whenever I play against VirGen with Keldeo/Blastoise it's hard to win.

Yeah, actually I hope we get a GREAT Fire Deck, as Keldeo/Blastoise or VirGen to counter VirGen.

DNA said:
SotS said:
There has been nothing said that has suggested otherwise. So no, you still can't use it turn 1 or on a Pokemon that was just played.

Haven't played in a year, so I was just checking. Was thinking of whipping together a fun deck but uh... Until Rare Candy is changed back that ain't happening with what idea I had in mind.

Thanks for the answer.

The only Fire-type attacker right now that's used is Reshiram BW, as an aside in Rayboar, to bolster the matchup (also because Fire). I don't see Fire getting an entire deck, not yet.

Eron said:
I didn't get the non-intended pun.

daoneandonly said:
However the meta isn't going to be that black and white (no pun intended).

Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_and_White_logo.png

Now do you get it?

Back